Thread: Random Loot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Random Loot

More often than not you have to wait till you get it enchanted and socketed. Well that's not true for a trinket or belt but many items are not usable right "out of the box".

Not all items should be made as token, though only armor set are tokenised un BC. Back in Ahn'Qiraj there were weapon token.

There are tokens for almost everything actually, they're called badges. :]

I totally agree with what all you guys are saying about too random loots and such. I can't even tell you how many times i have run an instance and not 1 piece of loot drops that anyone would want of use. Mind you i usually have a diverse group warrior, hunter (me), mage, preist/druid/shaman, rouge/warlock or whatever. Having a classes that can take any kind of armor weapon, yet it is totally common when we have no paladin to get all plate +healing/damage gear, or no rogue all leather +damage gear, no mage you get all cloth +spell damage. To me it doesn't seem likely for it to happen this often.

For example last week i ran the black morass 7 times for the hourglass of the unraveler, 7 times. Of course it didn't drop once but chances are all the loot that dropped with the party i was in was useless. I think only 1 time something dropped that a person actually wanted. So that would be almost 34 different people doing the instance with me and only 2 or 3 out of the 34 were satisfied with loot. If blizzard implemented some kind of system to scan you party and say, ok we need cloth +spell damage for the mage, +heals for the priest, for plate that drops no +spell damage since there is no pally, no +healing for mail gear since there is no shaman... And so forth it would make instances and raids in general more pleasing since you'd get more gear instead of bags full of shards and stuff

Shards are a good thing to have :-)
    You can't expect blizz to let 4 people outta 5 get the loot the want per run, it would make the instance obsolete way too fast... (and shard farming a living hell)
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Well, I have continued to run Kara since I posted about the Phoenix bow not dropping from the Prince for our guild despite clearing it every week with 2 raids.

Anyway, the good news, it finally dropped for us this week for the first time.

The bad news, a Rogue got it as I was in the other raid and I reckon I'm exalted 4 times over now.

Random FTL

Quote Originally Posted by Papakev
    Well, I have continued to run Kara since I posted about the Phoenix bow not dropping from the Prince for our guild despite clearing it every week with 2 raids.

Anyway, the good news, it finally dropped for us this week for the first time.

The bad news, a Rogue got it as I was in the other raid and I reckon I'm exalted 4 times over now.

Random FTL
    hahahahaha, up yours, thx to blizz
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

I ran Botanica ~15 times in a row before I got my pally tanking shoulders from Laj, I ended up getting exalted so I got the nice shield. I saw every item possible drop at least once, and many over and over. You might know the first run after exalted they dropped :-X

I have done the first few bosses in kara countless times, been exalted for a while. There are several items I (and our Warrior MT) could use which we have never seen drop, the same stinking items seem to drop every time - cloth and leather ftl :P

I don't think it will ever happen, but I would like to see some kind of tweaking done to the random loot - ie hey this pally has run this dungeon over a dozen times, lets give him the stinking shoulders this time ;D

oh and I'm still trying to get my cape from Kalithresh, I'll be exalted there soon too :