Thread: 2 x 2

2 x 2

i am frost mage(17/0/44) and im playing with rogue(0/31/30). We are pretty good and in top 20 in our battle group but we keep losing vs druid lock. We have chance vs them only if we find druid asap cas we cant kill lock with druid healing. Anyone got tips plz?

Re: 2 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by Doomed
    i am frost mage(17/0/44) and im playing with rogue(0/31/30). We are pretty good and in top 20 in our battle group but we keep losing vs druid lock. We have chance vs them only if we find druid asap cas we cant kill lock with druid healing. Anyone got tips plz?
    i would say something like rogue keep stealth until he can attack the druid, you burn down the lock as much as you can, once the druid is out, silence/sheep/whatever cc the lock and burn down the druid with ur elemental Freeze/Frostbolt+Ice Lance combo while the rogue stunlock as much as possible the druid, and if you got enough mana spellsteal his HoTs he will be down in seconds, then kill the lock. In theory this should work, but practical its another story hehe.

another thing could be that the rogue jump and kill the felhunter, silence the druid to prevent him healing, then same strat, cc the lock burn down the druid, once the druid is down, CoS/IB for a fresh start.

u've got the best tîp right there: kill the druid first!
    What i do sometimes is attack the lock since I don't see the druid, and when he started healing we cc the lock (blind from ur rogue friend) and drop the druid asap. If you're human, perseption helps a lot since u can get the druid before he starts healing. Also the arena u're in should be considered (druids can run out of LoS pretty fast, so make sure u slow them down/ stun them as much as u can). Another thing that saved me once (but i only tried it once) was to dps the lock and just spell steal the HoT's (but that was possible only after silencing the druid as if u don't he'll jsut keep healing... My team mate being a shadow priest we had a 13 sec window to drop the lock, and I got to heal myself quite a bit ^^, it was however a 'just-for-fun' move, and I wouldn't rly recommend it as U can end up oom pretty damn fast without a shadowpriest with you).
    my 2 cents
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

thx but we tried all that but its just not working .Is it good idea for me to go invis than mount up and run around till buff appears than i take it and reveal drood?...even if this works good droods hot himself up and when he is frozen/slowed just shapeshift so we cant dps him v much...stunlock works but we cant kill him in 5sec if he has 10k+ hp 300+resil, hots ticking and instant heal :'( the worst thing is we lose 20+ from such teams.anyone got any more ideas?

thx but we tried all that but its just not working .Is it good idea for me to go invis than mount up and run around till buff appears than i take it and reveal drood?...even if this works good droods hot himself up and when he is frozen/slowed just shapeshift so we cant dps him v much...stunlock works but we cant kill him in 5sec if he has 10k+ hp 300+resil, hots ticking and instant heal :'( the worst thing is we lose 20+ from such teams.anyone got any more ideas?
    use detect magic.. when you see a HoT SPELLSTEAL IT ! then he will die

im not sure if u know this or not but u can spell steal his hots.

i know its not mana eff but have them on u and not on the lock is pretty nice

Doesn't mage spellsteal steal a _random_ buff from the enemy?
    If so, then it's not really worth it because most likely the warlock will have detect invis+water breathing up, and getting either of those for 600mana isnt really that mana efficient, is it? Also invisibility is rather useless because of the same reason, detect invis, since they'll see you and blast you out to 7th heaven.
    Correct me if i'm wrong.. if you can actually choose the buff to steal, then sure go for it and try steal da hots.

yep its random spellsteal...we are doomed

2.. x... 2... hmmm 2x2=4

Quote Originally Posted by Sybex
    2.. x... 2... hmmm 2x2=4
    2x2 = 5...

in large amounts of 2
    Free gold tomorrow!

druids+ lock dont have that many buff, so once u have motw it's pretty easy to get his HoTs really. I think one of ur best chances is to start by shooting at the lock, and have ur rogue friend stay in stealth, once druid heals rogue starts the stun locking and u sheep the lock, don't be afraid to use ur WE in the beginnign as the druid won't get out of stealth if u don't hurt the lock much...
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)