Wrath of the Lich King: New Caverns Of Time: Stratholm!

In an interview on www.buffed.de during the first day on the games convention, Jeff Kaplan annouced that the campagne from Warcraft 3 FT, will be the new cot instance! You will fight with arthas and burn stratholm. Will be a 5 man, lvl 80 instance.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Wrath of the Lich King: New Caverns Of Time: Stratholm!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman
    In an interview on www.buffed.de during the first day on the games convention, Jeff Kaplan annouced that the campagne from Warcraft 3 FT, will be the new cot instance! You will fight with arthas and burn stratholm and fight Mal´Ganis!
    Will be a 5 man, lvl 80 instance.
    wewt.. but.. but..
    Dunno, something about that just seems weird.

malganis died in Northrend...

Maybe it was wrong translated in the interview. I delete it.

Yea sounds cool though, getting to purge Stratholme.
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Quote Originally Posted by frozenkex
    Right... but you fought him in Stratholme before he left to Northrend.

Also, sounds very exciting!

Deleted

I'll try and translate the specific interview part.

buffed.de: At BlizzCon we heard a lot about WotLK. Any News since then ?

Jeff Kaplan: There are a few things, we didn't mentioned at BlizzCon. Like the new CoT-Instance "Stratholm". We wanted to get back to the CoT concept, because its one of the coolest things we released in the past. We wanted to look into the plans of the bronze dragonflight. We wanted to show you some of the coolest Warcraft moments. And now we picked Stratholme. WoW-Players already know Stratholm and a lot of the hardcore WoW players are big fans of the old Stratholme Instance. Warcraft 3 Players know Stratholme from a single player mission, where the players followed Arthas through Stratholm, burned down the houses, killed the residents and fought Mal'Ganis. In WotLK you'll fight side by side with Arthas as you travel through the CoT. We'll give you the opportunity to meet Arthas at a time, before he turned into the evil himself. You'll cleanse Stratholme and burn down the city.

Sry if anything sounds awkward =)

Quote Originally Posted by Big.Ian
    Right... but you fought him in Stratholme before he left to Northrend.

Also, sounds very exciting!
    Correct.
    So we erm... get a chest in the end? What?

Quote Originally Posted by detached

Jeff Kaplan: There are a few things, we didn't mentioned at BlizzCon. Like the new CoT-Instance "Stratholm". We wanted to get back to the CoT concept, because its one of the coolest things we released in the past. We wanted to look into the plans of the bronze dragonflight. We wanted to show you some of the coolest Warcraft moments. And now we picked Stratholme. WoW-Players already know Stratholm and a lot of the hardcore WoW players are big fans of the old Stratholme Instance. Warcraft 3 Players know Stratholme from a single player mission, where the players followed Arthas through Stratholm, burned down the houses, killed the residents and fought Mal'Ganis. In WotLK you'll fight side by side with Arthas as you travel through the CoT. We'll give you the opportunity to meet Arthas at a time, before he turned into the evil himself. You'll cleanse Stratholme and burn down the city.

Now i can remember that mission, wasnt that the mission that u have to race against Mal'ganis consuming infected humans, and on the other hand with arthas kill those infected ppl by burning down the houses? If so maybe they will implement a timed run or event? Although that would be tough though.

Quote Originally Posted by Healingprick
    Quote Originally Posted by detached

Now i can remember that mission, wasnt that the mission that u have to race against Mal'ganis consuming infected humans, and on the other hand with arthas kill those infected ppl by burning down the houses? If so maybe they will implement a timed run or event? Although that would be tough though.
    That is the mission you are thinking of! I personally cannot wait, timed or not, to slaughter the blood of the innocent in Stratholme to in the end better fortify the forces of the scourge MUUWAHAHAAH!!!

He did after he fought Arthas in Strath. The post says 'FIGHT Mal Ganis' not 'KILL Mal Ganis'...
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Cool killing race event + Arthas + Undeadz + Innocent ppl = Awsome

One of my favorite missions from Wc3, the part where Mal'ganis talks to Arthas is so damn cool, espesilty when thinking of how arthas Kill him later and owning Mal'ganis every way possible.

Damn, its a really intense moment when they talk, probelly the mission where he acctuly loses his grip on whats right. Dispanding the silverhand and all :O

Cant wait xD

P.S. Hope u meet Timmy the Cruel in human form... Timmy the Friendly or something like that :P

Timmy the gentle? lol
    I don't know if I would describe the chat between MalGanis and Arthas as 'intense' but yea, Strath is where Arthas took the most important turn away from his humanity (he had little left already when he claimed frostmourn seeing as how he didn't care for his men and dwarf friend).

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    Timmy the gentle? lol
    I don't know if I would describe the chat between MalGanis and Arthas as 'intense' but yea, Strath is where Arthas took the most important turn away from his humanity (he had little left already when he claimed frostmourn seeing as how he didn't care for his men and dwarf friend).
    Not intense?

Quote Arthas: Il never stop hunting you Mal'gains!!!!! You hear me!?!? NEVER!!!! Even if I have to chase you to the end of the world!!!

Its a power full discussion filled with hate and rage...

With other words pure awsomness xD

Quote Originally Posted by The3nd
    Timmy the gentle? lol
    Not intense?

Quote Arthas: Il never stop hunting you Mal'gains!!!!! You hear me!?!? NEVER!!!! Even if I have to chase you to the end of the world!!!

Its a power full discussion filled with hate and rage...

With other words pure awsomness xD
    I've had more animated discusions with my dog last time he pooped on the carpet... damn beast...

15+ Year Old Account

Does this mean we'll see Baron Rivendare before he was a death knight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

I've had more animated discusions with my dog last time he pooped on the carpet... damn beast...
    I'm offended

And i still think that disscusion is one of the coolest and most intese ever. But i guess its up to your self to like it or not.
    BUT, it is Awsome :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Nostalgic bump is Nostalgic.

Infracted [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-05-13 at 06:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DO NOT FEAR 2007 FOR I HAVE ARRIVED... FROM THE FUTURE! I also bring future cookies. They're this awesome thing called gluten-free.

Wow... that's how you necro.