Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spirit getting Buffed?

Hey... I've got a problem!

I remember having read somewhere that Spirit is getting buffed (no idea how much or when), but I can't find it again!!!

Can someone plz confirm, or tell me that I'm a noob dreaming of a better WoW!

- Dober

Re: Spirit getting Buffed?

From the BlizzCon:

Q: Holy Priest: Mana regen is a flawed mechanic for Mages and Shamans and Hunters. Paladins and Warlocks are just cheaters (cheers). People don't have mana and that's why there are so many Shadow Priests. Real mana regen needed (cheers).

A: So you want to cheat too? (laughter) The Spirit stat in general will be improved for WotLK. The mana regen needs another pass. At the same time, the mana bar will not be turned into an energy bar.

Yep its getting buffed, just by a very small amount I thought I read somwhere.

They're trying to make spirit a more "desired" stat, which is actually worthy of it's item level points :.

so no changes on spirit before WotLK?

yup no change

They've "fixed" spirit for what, 3 patches and 1 expansion already?

I wouldnt expect any radical change tbh

I personally would be happy to regain 30% while casting as a priest like with our old t2 bonus and our talent, more is not needed to fix spirit for me

Personally, as a shadowpriest, I'd love more spirit on my gear. Gives me a good reason to spec into meditation instead of other skills ;-)

The reason I asked was that I have a "spirit-build" Priest, AND because I still think that Spirit is an awesome stat... the problem is that you need it in so large amounts before it gets really good for any other class than priests.... and thats a bit of a shame!

- Dober

Gief new Rank Evocation
    Please:P

They need to add +dmg/healing to spirit, just as agility increases attack power. Right now, as a mage, I don't even look for +spirit on gear.

I mean, spirit doesn't even regen mana while in combat, so what good is it for a mage? Evocation has scaled really badly in BC anyway, so why bother with it?

If it gave +dmg/healing, then yeah, I'd look for gear that had a nice balance of Int, Stam, Spirit and spell damage.

They also said Spirit will have more benefit for shamans which I don't want. Spirit regen works when not casting so I like my current stat itemization spanko very much!

this thread is 10 yr old lel

spirit doesn't exist, it was a stat you could try to stack or not, but its basically been replaced by versatility.

10+ Year Old Account
    i am 12 and what is this

Deleted
    lol this is indeed an old one

Moms generally are pretty versatile, that wasn't much of an insult.

but sure i miss spirit i guess not to the point of anguishing tears unfortunately. it was too easy to just stack spirit and never run out of mana so it wasn't exactly a balanced game mechanic.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-03-23 at 01:06 AM.

Holy fuck this is one hell of a necro. Do those top few posters even exist right now?

A decade old necro? Really????

Where do you even find threads this old...

No one stacked spirit, throughput stats all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    i am 12 and what is this
    Reported for being underage (Must be 13+ to use this Forum) Enjoy your ban.

lolol just kidding. I believe it was either 2007 or 2008 that a user posted this exact same thing on the official Forums and got banned. lmao