Gear Swapping and Warriors

Does this gear swapping mean that warriors cant pull out a shield and 1 hander during matches or is that still possible?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Gear Swapping and Warriors

You'll probably still be able to swap out weapons/shields. You just won't be able to swap armor/trinkets. That's my estimate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

If you are going to use spell reflect, you better have the shield out to start.

I hope it bans weapon swapping as well personally, seeing druids swap out resto staves for feral gear and back and forth is annoying..
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

banning weapon swaps would completely handicap several classes over others, So i doubt it will effect weapons/sheild/wand/ranged etc..

I doubt Blizzard intended gear swapping as a feature of a class.. it wouldn't handicap, it would bring them back down to level.

As a mage I'm slightly sad I can't use evocate with a spirit weapon, but as for warriors/rogues etc. it shouldn't really matter, they intended spell reflect to be used with a shield not "Oh I'll use a 2hand THEN swap to a shield whenever and use it using a macro!"
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

You will mostly likely be able to swap weapons. Blizzard allows swapping weapons and not armor in regular combat for a reason.

Swapping weapons already activates the global cooldown, That's penalty enough.

Their intent was to stop people from switching to shadow resist gear when they came up against a shadowpriest/warlock group.

Why does someone try it on test and see if you can or cant swap weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer

I hope it bans weapon swapping as well personally, seeing druids swap out resto staves for feral gear and back and forth is annoying..
    Yeah, like that wouldn't be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elvose
    Their intent was to stop people from switching to shadow resist gear when they came up against a shadowpriest/warlock group.
    That is so funny btw.

People whined over Shadow priest + warlock being overpowered in 2v2. They replied with: "get some resist gear"

Then people got some resist gear. Guess who started whining?

A nice way to beat frost mages or paladins in an 1on1 situation (our teammates die nearly in the same moment) was to switch in pure mana regeneration gear and beat them then but now it will be harder for me with my poor mana regeneration on the arena gear.

When you team is designed around killing the warrior first its kinda hard to call it quits just couse he pulled out spell reflect. Mostly with our team its an all or nothing kind of thing.

On this subject I never did take a warrior out and make him show me what the reflect animation looks like when a Warrior pops it. Can anyone post a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer
    then no dps without a 2 hander? ... :s

anyway they are only doing it to prevent things like.... putting wizard oil on your weapon, unequip it until you're in arena, then equip it... hooray 40 more spell dmg, its what i do give it a try!