Warlock in 2v2 !

i was wandering in 2v2 which other class would be the best.you normally have ur demo lock and healer which in my experience doesnt do dps just survives. i would like to know which other DPS class would go with a lock depending on specs. so which is best for
    Demo lock (23/38)
    Affliction lock (42/1/18) or whatever the pvp one is :P

so which other DPS class would work well with either one of these specs any suggestions are welcome for both etc. and if u do reply what would u benefit rather then the other class you would of picked

mainly posting this since i need a change in my arena ways. ive always had a healer and its way to boring just to kill things off slowly i really want to dps them down fast or fully contain them and kill 1 of there vital players atleast.

Re: Warlock in 2v2 !

If you want to have a dps-team then shadowpriest/warlock is in my opinion the strongest choice.
    They have a real good synergy going on, and they have so much cc/spellinterruption its just silly.

gl with your team

Frost Mage / Demo Lock
    Shadow priest / Affl. Lock

Those are prolly the two choices I'd go with.

17/0/44 mage + 27/34/0 warlock owns

the strongest partner with a lock in 2v2 being another dps is a Shadow Priest but this will change with the next patch. If the lock and Shadow Priest cannot destory one member on the opposite team fast enough the priest would normally put on healing gear to help in survivability (usually happens if the other teams healer keeps his partner up). But with the inc change to prevent players from switching gear in arena this strategy will be less common.

Frost Mage gives you added survivability plus greater CC than a priest ally.

i still disagree, frost mage + warlock ftw, frost mage have very good cc to keep both alive, with constant freezez and a great cc is sheep, priests physic scream and warlocks fear have the same path of diminishing returns remember, sheep + fear do not

I think WL and Heal Dudu is really a good choice.

priests physic scream and warlocks fear have the same path of diminishing returns
    Is there some Website with more information about that? looked up wowiki but the information about DR seem to be quite old und not updatet - or you are wrong and they dont share the same DR timer

Just would love to read about more DR information.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondarth
    priests physic scream and warlocks fear have the same path of diminishing returns
    Is there some Website with more information about that? looked up wowiki but the information about DR seem to be quite old und not updatet - or you are wrong and they dont share the same DR timer

Just would love to read about more DR information.
    its through experience, when i always get feared by a warlock's fear, then i get feared again by physic scream it lasts about 2-5 sec dependig on how many times i was feared

As a SP/Warlock combo, I can tell you that fear, Howl of Terror and Psychic Scream are all on the same DR. Which is why the whole "kill them fast" is the strategy you play with that combo or all your DR's will set in and it'll be way to hard to CC one and kill the other without one of you dying first.

With my 70 Affliction Lock I am teamed up with a Shadow Priest and it is a lot of fun. I forgot the numbers of my spec (once I spec'd I haven't changed a thing). You can armory me (can't link at work, sorry) Vicente of Anetheron.

Shadow priest OR a fire mage (maybe retridin as well) fits deffenetly best with dest/aff warlock.

Aff lock and holy/disc priest is one of the best combos which i also play We are atm 18th on conviction battlegroup.

i would suggest you to try affliction specc and melee dps shaman (with insta spell ability in resto tree). i have played as this and i can tell you its kinda nice combo, u have enough CC and high dps. we were on 2180 rating in season 1 and after that we both stoped playing arena for a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Uzm
    Shadow priest OR a fire mage (maybe retridin as well) fits deffenetly best with dest/aff warlock.
    its not wise to go with a fire mage, frost mage if any, the oposing team will just nuke the fire mage since they have really bad survival, but with a frost mage people tend to go after the warlock because or ice barrier + ice block etc, but warlocks have far better survival than fire mages (at least 27/34 lock do)
    i used to be pom pyro with a warlock, furthest rating we got was to about ~1650, then specced frost ages ago, now at 1915, and you will NEVER come across a fire mage at the high-end rating
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias