Thread: Warri + Mace

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warri + Mace

How do they nerf the WarriMaceSpecc?

Or are they only nerfing DeepThunder and Stormherald?

greetz

Re: Warri + Mace

I think they will nerf the mace spec that includes warriors and rogues too.

Quote Originally Posted by Itzik
    Just by rolling a rogue you get hit by the nerf bat... TBC was a nerf, Haste rating is a nerf and Mace spec (which people put in tons of hours PVPing to get) is now a nerf. Vanish doesnt work and the only reasons we are taken on raids is:

1. We generally top DPS meters (even if its with weapons that dont use all of our abilities... Stupid Swords).
    2. We can kick quite often and tank the adds in Moroes. (If you didnt know, you use crippling poison and stun for as long as possible).

Quote Originally Posted by TJ297
    and Mace spec (which people put in tons of hours PVPing to get) is now a nerf.
    are we playing the same game? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Amko
    How do they nerf the WarriMaceSpecc?
    they make it worse
    and then he cupped my balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Shakounette
    and Mace spec (which people put in tons of hours PVPing to get) is now a nerf.
    are we playing the same game? o_O
    Sorry, I meant getting the good maces from PVP... having 71.7 DPS maces ment shit all...lol

Just by rolling a rogue you get hit by the nerf bat... TBC was a nerf, Haste rating is a nerf and Mace spec (which people put in tons of hours PVPing to get) is now a nerf. Vanish doesnt work and the only reasons we are taken on raids is:

1. We generally top DPS meters (even if its with weapons that dont use all of our abilities... Stupid Swords).
    2. We can kick quite often and tank the adds in Moroes. (If you didnt know, you use crippling poison and stun for as long as possible).
    "Rogues have it pretty tough..." "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA"
    Guess where that's from

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe

"Rogues have it pretty tough..." "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA"
    Guess where that's from
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I just loved that.

Help.. breathing.. stopped.. laughing.. hard...

Oh please, being the only class in the game that can beat a Warlock and you are complaining =p BC also fixed many things that made rogues worthless, 360 cleaves anyone?
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

Calminaion

Err, how did a thread which was asking about the Warrior Mace spec Nerf become a Rogue QQ thread !!

I heard that the nerf would be to the Mace Spec (not the weapons), because from a PvP perspective, it is currently a clearly better choice than the other 2 specs. They want to bring it in line so that it offers the same level of benefit as Axe or Swords.

Consider, however, that Axes are clearly the worst choice for PvP (5% crit means nothing now), and Swords are getting their own little Nerf (can proc of the extra attack), it means that ultimately, weapon spec will mean less and less.

Currently, I have about an 11% proc rate with my Thunder (3.8 speed), They'll probably chop that down by a few % points (I hope only a few, otherwise I might need to start looking at the Sword spec).

The reason for all of this, is that the Mace spec Stun, combined with the Stun from DeepThunder / StromHerald was causing some stun-locking situations, which was considered OP (some people are so fickle - it was prolly a rogue that was complaining about being stun-locked ;->), so they dusted off the nerf-bat, and will be swinging it liberally.

And For what it's worth, Rogues, I also heard that the Rogue Mace Spec will not be affected, as the Mechanics behind the 2 specs (warrior and rogue mace) are not the same.

you are correct, rogues will not be affected, it is just the warriors mace spec being nurfed, but somehow the mechanics like u said are different so im glad cuz i have season 2 main and offhand for my rogue and that would suck after i spent a while gettin those lol

Quote Originally Posted by Shakula
    you are correct, rogues will not be affected, it is just the warriors mace spec being nurfed, but somehow the mechanics like u said are different so im glad cuz i have season 2 main and offhand for my rogue and that would suck after i spent a while gettin those lol
    so its fine nerfing warrior that spent 8 nether, + ssc raiding mats for sotmrherald compared to your so lame pvp weapon that only took time tog atehr no skill at all (a 1300 ratring team can get those)

i see.... what doesnt touch us = i dont care.

and the nerf to haste rating will only be to see where rogue are.. if they are still that good theres another nerf incoming. we all know how bliz work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakula
    I think rogue's mace stun will get affected too. Most of the whiners are people witch don't know from what they get interupts. So they are QQ about the mace.

Today I had a fight on arena 3 vs 3. Killed the lock by pummel + intercept stun + pummel pala and dpsing warlock. And didn't get any stun proc from mace. After like 5 sec the warlock wrote to me: Mace spec OPed loser witch I got surprized. Was leveling another team for gold.. it was about on 1930 rating.

But in fact, my team8 say that they get more often stunned by combat mace specced rogues rather then warr. Being cheap shoted + kidney + 2 mace stun procs betwen CD on kidney after the use of the trinket.. is insane.

btw, do rogue mace spec share DR with cheap shot and Kidney ? Cuz I often see the 3 sec cheap shot followed by 6 sec kidney and 3 sec mace stun proc. It's not that deadly, but when in this time another dpser is taking you down.. is more dangerous then a warrior's stun.

Secretive

No, Rogue mace stun effect and Kidney Shot / Cheap Shot (which is the opener) are not on the same DR timer.

--Secretive of Tichondrius (bg9 what what!)

Quote Originally Posted by Secretive
    No, Rogue mace stun effect and Kidney Shot / Cheap Shot (which is the opener) are not on the same DR timer.

--Secretive of Tichondrius (bg9 what what!)
    Well.. it's ok as it is, but I think rogues will get the next mace stun talent nerf right after warr's, when ppl will start complaining about rogue's stun rate rather then warriors.

Secretive

I do believe that the difference between a Rogue with 2 maces and a Warrior with a Stormherald is this: The Stormherald has an inherent chance to stun which will work cooperatively with Mace Spec's chance to stun.

Last time I checked, the Rogue weapons do not have a chance to stun proc built into them. If they did, we'd be hearing the same thing about Rogues in Arena that we are about Warriors and their stuns.

I do believe that the difference between a Rogue with 2 maces and a Warrior with a Stormherald is this: The Stormherald has an inherent chance to stun which will work cooperatively with Mace Spec's chance to stun.

Last time I checked, the Rogue weapons do not have a chance to stun proc built into them. If they did, we'd be hearing the same thing about Rogues in Arena that we are about Warriors and their stuns.
    Not really, the proc of the weapon is terrible, it's acctualy the talent wich I admit is strong enough, and the tunning it down it's ok. But I don't agree becouse Axe is already affected by resillence, Sword spec get's nerfed and Mace too. It will be a nerf but it will be still strong.

If you ask why do warrior take Stormherald, it's becouse of weapon it self and not stuns.

just take a look, The best available Warrior 2h weapon is stormherald. Why? becouse it has big upper dmg, it has stamina, it's slow wich means slower- better for warrior, and it's a mace wich is definetly the best for PvP, having random spell interupt.

I chose it over my mercilles 2h axe becouse of weapon speed. Mercilles 2h axe has 3.6 weapon speed and low up dmg. Stormherald is slower, it has the same dps and a higer dmg. In result you save up AP and you stack on crit, wich mace spec lack of it.

I'll be glad if they change chance on hit of the mace to smth better, like + 1 % crit or slightly more stamina, strenght, agility.

Secretive

Maybe you're right, but just the fact that the weapon CAN stun in addition to the stun from Mace Spec, is a large contributing factor to the nerf. And I'll be honest, I run with both a Rogue and/or a Warrior in my 5v5 group most of the time for differing situations and there's no chance for a Rogue to churn out as much white damage and auto-attack swings as a well-geared Warrior. And as a Druid I have personally experienced the brutality of the Stormherald critting for 1500 normal attack on my 380 resilience.

But in the end, my Warrior runs a Sword. Why? We roll with a Shaman for Windfury totem a lot of the time and we aim to group the opposing team up and then slice'n'dice them to death combining the Warrior's WW/Cleave and Rogue's Blade Flurry. It's a fun way to Arena and a solid 2200 rating (when I played actively before school started).

Anyways, we can go all day long on Sword vs. Axe vs. Mace but in the end, I assert that the focus of mace stun nerf is on Warrior simply because Stunherald has that innate Stun proc, while Rogues' weapons do not.

Maybe you're right, but just the fact that the weapon CAN stun in addition to the stun from Mace Spec, is a large contributing factor to the nerf. And I'll be honest, I run with both a Rogue and/or a Warrior in my 5v5 group most of the time for differing situations and there's no chance for a Rogue to churn out as much white damage and auto-attack swings as a well-geared Warrior. And as a Druid I have personally experienced the brutality of the Stormherald critting for 1500 normal attack on my 380 resilience.

But in the end, my Warrior runs a Sword. Why? We roll with a Shaman for Windfury totem a lot of the time and we aim to group the opposing team up and then slice'n'dice them to death combining the Warrior's WW/Cleave and Rogue's Blade Flurry. It's a fun way to Arena and a solid 2200 rating (when I played actively before school started).

Anyways, we can go all day long on Sword vs. Axe vs. Mace but in the end, I assert that the focus of mace stun nerf is on Warrior simply because Stunherald has that innate Stun proc, while Rogues' weapons do not.

I can't agree with you on swings and auto-atacks. Becouse if you'll think a little bit more, you'll realise that warrior has burst dmg in short time, then he is getting on 6 sec and 10 sec CD's. In this time warrior can take dmg, becouse stun effect is uncontrolled. While rogue, does not have this burst dmg effect, but in time when he is dishing dmg, he is doing by doing dps, where rogues - > warriors in terms of damage per second dealed. Theyr stun is controlled by them.

You admit that you have 380 resillence, wich is fairly good, but how many times you got killed by 1 intercept from a warrior in your humanoid form? I think not that much, becouse warrior takes you about 70 % if he will crit, and you are healing up fast after his burst dmg. Now tell me how many times you get stunnlocked in travel/humanoid form by a combat mace specced rogue and you were olmost at time to die stunned? I think way more, becouse you couldn not control your caracter more time, you couldn't heal while you was control - stuned, and rogue did more dps then a warrior.

Becouse rogue should do better 1 target dps then an arms warrior.

With 1 thing I can agree with you, seeing how fast you HP drops from 100 to 30 instantly is more scarry when you see how your HP goes from 100 % to 10 % in a little more time. Becouse you don't realise that this burst has acctualy a CD

Tbh, when a rogue is dpsing me using all CD's, it's the same when you see your health bar after being doted from affl lock and he is not in you los to intercept and you are unable to do smth against him in 1 vs 1 encounter.

But I don't agree becouse Axe is already affected by resillence
    resilience affects all weapons :-X