Death Knight Q&A

Just making a post about the article posted on Sep 15th, 2007 here on mmo-champion.

I felt that the person making the post at the wow website wasnt being impartial when it came to the questions.
    Bornakk did a great job answering the questions which I felt was a bit hostile in nature.
    I noticed a pattern in the posts that are against the DK class, most of them, and again "MOST" are from people with characters that are way below 70.

Two of the most argued cases against the DK class are:

1) It should be available for everyone.
    2) It should start at lvl 1.

My Thoughts:

DK class is a "Hero" class, meaning you have to earn the class, its a special class so not anyone will have access to it...period. Mind you its not an "overpowered" class or a class that will 1 shot equal level players...its just different and innovative (with the use of runes instead of mana).
    Remember when you jsut bought wow, you could barely move around for teh first few minutes and had so many questions. Immagine being given a lvl 60 when you first bought the game. that would have been horrible. Think back when you grouped with people who bought their account...they could barely play and ruined the experience for everyone in the party. This is not so with the DK...as it will be given to people who have considerable experience with wow, I think it will just take us an hour tops to learn the use of a DK, maybe even less if you normally play a tank and spec the DK tanking, which would take you to familiar ground.
    DKs will not start at lvl 1, I guarantee it. The reason being is that it will give people who have reached a high level to spec something different and not haow I use my druid for tanking but I dont like the fact that in bear form i cant drink pots or have my gear show, so Im definately rolling a DK tanking spec.

Blizzard isnt going to change things for the new player base, I found that it caters more to the loyal and long term customers, as most multi-million dollar companies should.

PS: Congrats to NSB guild for the first oceanic Illidan kill.

Re: Death Knight Q&A

I see what you mean with the issue of having a lot to learn if we start at lvl 60, however, with your current knowledge of the game, if you've run a few instances here and there you should have a pretty good idea on how tanking/healing/cc etc works. Therefore, would it be really hard to imagine that you could master a melee class (even if it differs from others in some ways, it's still hitting stuff with a weapon...) by the time you hit 80? Granted, you will mess up your tanking the first tries, and you'll probably die trying to kill 25 mobs with "army of the dead", realising that your 'hero' is not a god you should be fine later on after having learned his limits.
    Personally, I play a friends shadow priest (lvl 70) once in a while, and I never lvl'd one, it was hard in the beginning, but after 3-5 bg's I got the hang of it, and I proceeded killing people almost as effectivly as with my mage or warlock (same happened with a friend's pally...)
    So yea, I think we would be just fine with a DK starting at 60 or even more. If you're having problems with it, chances are you'll still be trying to figure out why your mage's sheep break everytime you cast a fireball on it... my advice? play another class, or just leave the game, some people are just not meant for some classe... (this is coming from a mage who ends up tanking a lot :-s )
    I'm usually at the other end of that fireball you just got in your face ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Juju
    I see what you mean with the issue of having a lot to learn if we start at lvl 60, however, with your current knowledge of the game, if you've run a few instances here and there you should have a pretty good idea on how tanking/healing/cc etc works. Therefore, would it be really hard to imagine that you could master a melee class (even if it differs from others in some ways, it's still hitting stuff with a weapon...) by the time you hit 80? Granted, you will mess up your tanking the first tries, and you'll probably die trying to kill 25 mobs with "army of the dead", realising that your 'hero' is not a god you should be fine later on after having learned his limits.
    Personally, I play a friends shadow priest (lvl 70) once in a while, and I never lvl'd one, it was hard in the beginning, but after 3-5 bg's I got the hang of it, and I proceeded killing people almost as effectivly as with my mage or warlock (same happened with a friend's pally...)
    So yea, I think we would be just fine with a DK starting at 60 or even more. If you're having problems with it, chances are you'll still be trying to figure out why your mage's sheep break everytime you cast a fireball on it... my advice? play another class, or just leave the game, some people are just not meant for some classe... (this is coming from a mage who ends up tanking a lot :-s )
    no no I totally agree. the reason you can play your friends priest is because you are not new to the game and have a mage and warloc, Im talking about players that never touched wow.

http://deathknight.info/blog.php/dea...our-heroicness

I totally agree, those that unlock a DK will have enough game knowledge that they wont log into a high level toon and make a mockery out of themselves. The thought of making a Death Knight start at level 1 is just beyond laughable. The link above states my thoughts on that.