NEWS: S3 weapon rating requirement

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...eNo=1&sid=1#13

Jpense que tu devrais lire ca boubou
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Re: NEWS: S3 weapon rating requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Drysc
    if you hit 1900 (for instance, this isn't a final number by any means)
    I wouldn't take this word as gospel, as Drysc is using it as an example of how purchasing weapons will work in S3. That being said, we're all expecting it to be in the range of 1800-1900 anyway.

news? this is madness...!

no...this..is..OOOLLLDDD!
    Free gold tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeve
    news? this is madness...!

no...this..is..OOOLLLDDD!
    This is old that we knew S3 weapon would use rating. But we didnt know it would only to purchase it (once you have it you dont have to keep the rating to use it) unlike old rank system (what everybody thought it would be like).
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by dotKaine
    I wouldn't take this word as gospel, as Drysc is using it as an example of how purchasing weapons will work in S3. That being said, we're all expecting it to be in the range of 1800-1900 anyway.

I think it will be for top 0.5 % teams the weapons. Becouse 1900 is to low rating for this.

This will not affect me verry much, expecting that will be no longer possible to powerlevel teams for gold. It was a good bussines to farm gold for raid consumables.

I have some feelings of river of tears inc.

If ppl now are QQ about team powerleveling, later they'll cry about gap from Top to lower rating, becouse those won't be able to use some items (Drysc posted that will might need rating for getting not only weapons, but parts of set too)

This are good news, cuz I have fights on 2200 rating when I get against anti-setup ex: lock priest with 1850 rating in s1 2/5 s2 3/5 + mercilles wep.. and either win hard 1 point, either lose 29 fast. All classes scalle with gear, but unfurtunally season 3 gear will not be a lot better then season 2 gear.. so it's already to late to change smth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyone
    I think it will be for top 0.5 % teams the weapons. Becouse 1900 is to low rating for this.
    I think you're an idiot.
    Macalister, Paladin on whichever realm I play on.
    http://www.pacifismguild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Macalister
    I think you're an idiot.
    won't say anything bad about you, cuz you know that you are (insert bad personal quality) for insulting, but wearing tier 6 quivalets weapon (for a warrrior/rogue) is more then a healing mace for a retardin. So there is some logic into my answer, witch cannot say about in yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Macalister
    I think you're an idiot.
    I think I agree...

the weapon is supposed to just keep pve'ers hands off it, not pvpers, a decent pvper is 1.9k rating+ 2.2k rating (your theory) are for top pvpers, and who said the weapon was supposed to be a reward for the "Top" pvpers?

Quote Originally Posted by starburst

the weapon is supposed to just keep pve'ers hands off it, not pvpers, a decent pvper is 1.9k rating+ 2.2k rating (your theory) are for top pvpers, and who said the weapon was supposed to be a reward for the "Top" pvpers?
    I think you understood me wrong. At the begining of the season 2200 rating is top, when acctualy at the mid of the season 2400 rating is top, and at then of it is ~2600 rating. So 1900 it's just a joke. I'm doing 49-0 with pala/druid in 2 vs 2 when selling teams.. so 1900 is a 2.30 hours of arena playing..

The 1900 rating is casual playing, ok it's hardcore on the first week after rating reset, but after 3 weeks it's a easyly rating to get if you was at least in top 200 teams in 2 vs 2 from 20k.

So if Drysc mentioned that they want season 3 stuff to be more special as it tier6 (not for all) then I think that will put a % of teams from total in battle group.

Olso rating depeds of battlegroup itself. In some battlegroups 0.5 % is from 2700 rating to 2450, in some battle group 0.5 % is from 2300 to 2150 rating. So the system will work more on % like was with netherdrake reward.

Personaly I like this ideea, becouse some people put effort in getting PvE 141 - 151 level items and look special becouse there are few players in this gear, and there are olso People wich get PvP gear being at high rating, but they olso see that more then 80 % 70 lvl server population are having the same items, but you rating is acctualy in 0.5 %, becouse you put effort in it, and some1 wich got items little bit later has put way less effort.

Some1 still think that arena is 10 games per week, when acctualy most high rated teams are spending the same amount of time when you are acctualy whiping on new pve encounter, wich in result get whipe in rating, when they play 2 hours and get from 2200 to 2300 rating, and later in next 3 games they lose 60 rating,

Secretive

when you are acctualy whiping on new pve encounter, wich in result get whipe in rating, when they play 2 hours and get from 2200 to 2300 rating, and later in next 3 games they lose 60 rating,
    This is a HUGE, HUGE part of Arena that a lot of casual Arena players don't seem to understand. I firmly believe that most teams in the upper brackets (as I was when I was pursuing Gladiator title in S1) are never content with "just 10 games a week."

And also given the matching system, we've fought teams where we've lost 25 points because Blizzard matched us to a team that is the worst nightmare for our team, and we died. If they had been our rating, and we would've lost to them normally @ 2200 rating, we would've lost only 8 or 9 points if that. or my personal favorite, being matched to a 1700 rated team only to have one player miss the queue due to RL aggro at the worst possible time, or a disconnect, or simply someone having a bad night (which happens in the PvE side of things too!)

But Arena, to excel, takes a lot of time. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. This is more true in the 5v5 matchings than 2v2, I suppose... I know quite a few Warlock/Druid combos in 2v2 *ahem* that can put in minimal time and maintain a solid 6:1 W:L record (meaning for every 6 wins, there is one inevitable loss)

That's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretive
    when you are acctualy whiping on new pve encounter, wich in result get whipe in rating, when they play 2 hours and get from 2200 to 2300 rating, and later in next 3 games they lose 60 rating,
    This is a HUGE, HUGE part of Arena that a lot of casual Arena players don't seem to understand. I firmly believe that most teams in the upper brackets (as I was when I was pursuing Gladiator title in S1) are never content with "just 10 games a week."

And also given the matching system, we've fought teams where we've lost 25 points because Blizzard matched us to a team that is the worst nightmare for our team, and we died. If they had been our rating, and we would've lost to them normally @ 2200 rating, we would've lost only 8 or 9 points if that. or my personal favorite, being matched to a 1700 rated team only to have one player miss the queue due to RL aggro at the worst possible time, or a disconnect, or simply someone having a bad night (which happens in the PvE side of things too!)

But Arena, to excel, takes a lot of time. Don't let anyone convince you otherwise. This is more true in the 5v5 matchings than 2v2, I suppose... I know quite a few Warlock/Druid combos in 2v2 *ahem* that can put in minimal time and maintain a solid 6:1 W:L record (meaning for every 6 wins, there is one inevitable loss)

That's my take on it.

Exactly, 2 days ago I invited my druid team8 to play some 2 vs 2 arena games. We queued up, after like 6 min we got in. Well I saw 2 locks, fought that will do easy, but once I charged, after 6 sec I realised that I'll not get any heals, becouse in 6 sec I got nuked to 30 %. Got surprized by that nukage, becouse both warlocks were afflict. I got more surprized when I saw -29 on the board at the end of the fight

Happends a lot Got used to this already. Anyway, got whiped by low rated 2x PvErs warlock combo, witch were wearing tier 5-6 gear

I think you understood me wrong. At the begining of the season 2200 rating is top, when acctualy at the mid of the season 2400 rating is top, and at then of it is ~2600 rating. So 1900 it's just a joke. I'm doing 49-0 with pala/druid in 2 vs 2 when selling teams.. so 1900 is a 2.30 hours of arena playing..

The 1900 rating is casual playing, ok it's hardcore on the first week after rating reset, but after 3 weeks it's a easyly rating to get if you was at least in top 200 teams in 2 vs 2 from 20k.

So if Drysc mentioned that they want season 3 stuff to be more special as it tier6 (not for all) then I think that will put a % of teams from total in battle group.

Olso rating depeds of battlegroup itself. In some battlegroups 0.5 % is from 2700 rating to 2450, in some battle group 0.5 % is from 2300 to 2150 rating. So the system will work more on % like was with netherdrake reward.

Personaly I like this ideea, becouse some people put effort in getting PvE 141 - 151 level items and look special becouse there are few players in this gear, and there are olso People wich get PvP gear being at high rating, but they olso see that more then 80 % 70 lvl server population are having the same items, but you rating is acctualy in 0.5 %, becouse you put effort in it, and some1 wich got items little bit later has put way less effort.

Some1 still think that arena is 10 games per week, when acctualy most high rated teams are spending the same amount of time when you are acctualy whiping on new pve encounter, wich in result get whipe in rating, when they play 2 hours and get from 2200 to 2300 rating, and later in next 3 games they lose 60 rating,
    i still think that 0.5% would stil be abit harsh, probably duelists+ wouldbe satisfactory- top 3%, that sounds fine, right?
    if blizzard put everything into mind, like only a small % of all players get t6, then maybe they will rise it maybe to 2,000+ rating but i think there will be too many people complaining if its the top 0.5%

i still think that 0.5% would stil be abit harsh, probably duelists+ wouldbe satisfactory- top 3%, that sounds fine, right?
    if blizzard put everything into mind, like only a small % of all players get t6, then maybe they will rise it maybe to 2,000+ rating but i think there will be too many people complaining if its the top 0.5%
    As I said, it depends of battle group. In my battlegroup there are 22k 2 vs 2 teams, wich 0.5 % are top 200 teams a.k.a. 400 players who get the reward. Besides 2 vs 2 there are like 15k teams in 3 vs 3, witch is like top 50-100 teams who will get so this is like already + 200 players if we will exclude those who have high ratings in all brackets, and there is olso 5 vs 5.

So in fact, around 1000 players will acctualy can weare the weapons. It's a fairly big number, Becouse Even after 2 months, I don't think that will be around 1000 PvErs in all battlegroup who will have at least 3/5 tier6.

If they'll make for duelist (last season a friend got duelist with 1860 rating) it will be verry stupid.

As I said, they want to make them for those who are acctualy put effort, not playing casual. Those who are playing casualy, will do perfect at theyr 2000 rating in season 2 gear.

The intention of a rating requirement wasnt to actually give the PvPers an advantage, they dont want people to be able to just play 10 games each week and eventually have enough points to just buy a weapon.
    That is why your theory is horribly flawed and THAT is why you're an idiot.
    Macalister, Paladin on whichever realm I play on.
    http://www.pacifismguild.com/

Arena rating requirements are merely here to "reflect" your skill as a PvP player, it's also to prevent people from loosing 10 match in a week with a 5vs5 team, getting the points, disband the team, re-create one, and do the same thing the week after.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Arena rating requirements are merely here to "reflect" your skill as a PvP player, it's also to prevent people from loosing 10 match in a week with a 5vs5 team, getting the points, disband the team, re-create one, and do the same thing the week after.
    I just dont see this slowing down those people that are abusing the system, it will just punish those that are playing fair. Maybe if there was a high games played % requirement (like a 90% overall games played) along with a rating requirement, that would go a long way towards stopping the abuse. (and no, i havnt changed my opinion, i still think a rating requirement is a bad idea but oh well, I lose. ;D)

maybe they just want to give the arena wearpons to players with some skill (1800-1900) because people got s1 and s2 ones with 1400 or less, the 0.5% is too low i think they would be given to a 15-30% of the teams.
    i think it will require a 20% of all games played to get it. like the titles at the end of the season, to prevent team sellers.
    And maybe you will need arena points to buy it.