Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: DKs Stealing Plate from Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Calminaion
    How do you figure that ?
    Frost tree - CC abilities - intellect/spirit
    Blood tree - Cast/Melee tree - strength/agility/intellect
    Shadow tree - Cast/Melee tree - strength/agility/intellect

If I'm correct... They will also try to implement a lot of spirit on his skills, refreshing the time a rune can be used.

Calminaion

Actually, from what I read from the Blizzcon sessions, DKs will have a totally different mechanism to fighting ... one that distances the DK from the traditional Rage/Mana/Energy usages of current classes.

To me, this suggests that all of the existing stats are potentially going to be totally useless to a DK. The exception being things like Sta (hp - everybody needs that) and Str (for the melee portion of the DK's abilities).

But fair enough, they may make use of int / spi for other DK abilities. It is, however, all conjecture - we know nothing at this stage.

Bottom line, a DK is as likely to take gear out of a Warrior's hands as they are to take it out of a Pally's hand.

Who knows, perhaps they introduce another stat - something brand, spanking new that only DKs can make the best use out of (something that assists in building up threat and damage mitigation while tanking, for example). This will essentially give Warriors, Pallys and DKs their own gear at the end of the day.

I can't wait .. the image of a cold-faced agent of death flaying around with his 2 death blades, mowing down everything in his path just makes me want to roll one now !!! I pity my poor warrior - he's gonna be demoted to alt. I'm very sorry about it (for his sake), but hey ... a Death Knight is a Death Knight !!! My first level 80 will be a DK !!

Quote Originally Posted by Calminaion
    Actually, from what I read from the Blizzcon sessions, DKs will have a totally different mechanism to fighting ... one that distances the DK from the traditional Rage/Mana/Energy usages of current classes.

To me, this suggests that all of the existing stats are potentially going to be totally useless to a DK. The exception being things like Sta (hp - everybody needs that) and Str (for the melee portion of the DK's abilities).

But fair enough, they may make use of int / spi for other DK abilities. It is, however, all conjecture - we know nothing at this stage.

Bottom line, a DK is as likely to take gear out of a Warrior's hands as they are to take it out of a Pally's hand.

Who knows, perhaps they introduce another stat - something brand, spanking new that only DKs can make the best use out of (something that assists in building up threat and damage mitigation while tanking, for example). This will essentially give Warriors, Pallys and DKs their own gear at the end of the day.

I can't wait .. the image of a cold-faced agent of death flaying around with his 2 death blades, mowing down everything in his path just makes me want to roll one now !!! I pity my poor warrior - he's gonna be demoted to alt. I'm very sorry about it (for his sake), but hey ... a Death Knight is a Death Knight !!! My first level 80 will be a DK !!
    You're correct and wrong.
    Totally different mechanisms yes.
    No use of current stats, wrong. By the looks of most of the info Blizz gave us about DKs they'll be extremely versatile in almost everything that our classes currently have. With that in mind you can't argue about current stats. Impossible for him to use only (let's say) 2 stats from all 5 and maximize his dmg/survivability/cc with them. Even warriors depend on 3 stats in their different specs.
    I'm really in doubt about a new stat but the spirit revamp will surely be something to take under consideration in DKs. I'm most certain.
    Now... there's a possibility for Blizz to make haste/resilience/mitigation something close to a stat... but that's extreme speculation and I'm not discussing it. :]

Ya its too early to know the stats that DKs will use, but I doubt that new talents will be implemented.

I would roll your DK and have fun, who cares what warriors or pallies think about your gear selection.

Well, i think that with those Death Knights. It will be fast to defeat any boss with a DK as a tank, because if they are a dps/tanking class, i suppose that we will have a warrior and a rogue at the cost of a warrior :P, what you think about that?
    And, by the way, what is the meaning of "QQ"?
    Sorry for last question, i am new in the new vocabulary :-[

QQ represents two crying eyes and is for the last year or so a meaning of 'im sad cause my class sux and i cant play well' kinda thing. ;]

Nakanishi

lol sorry if my post seemed as a QQ post cuz it wasn't ment that way.. i was just stating that paladin/warriors shouldn't QQ. most peepz(like myself) play this game for fun not for gear. also i've always played a hybrid myself too Druid/Shaman and well i have had a priest as main back in the old days together with my druid.. and yeah its to early to state what kinda plate items the DK will use. i myself won't roll a DK cuz i really cba.. well maybe as a alt.. but i myself see that so many peepz will roll a DK.. and since shamans are a lack on alliance side i'm better of staying with her :P

I think DK will use the same attributes as a DPS warrior for doing dmg i.e Str, ap, agi, crit, hit, haste. And similar stats for tanking except for block value and block rating as they dont wear shields. So a DK tank will probably stack up loads of stamina and avoidance (parry/dodge) to survive.

Its possible some DK abilites will need +dmg but i doubt they will rely heavily on it, or they might introduce specific equip bonuses for DKs. Something like: "Equip: Increases (frost/blood/unholy) rune regeneration speed by 1 second" or something like that. And I dont think DKs will need intellect or spirit.

DKs will probably never be primary tanks, but they can offtank when needed (same role as a fury/ms war atm) in raids. And DKs will be fully capable of tanking normal 5man instances while leveling up etc, thats being done because its hard to find a tank while leveling up or when doing 5mans.

EDIT: The equip bonus thingy i mentioned will probably be used on set-bonuses instead, makes more sense.
    And who knows maybe DKs gets a new type of ranged weapon slot item !?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakanishi
    lol sorry if my post seemed as a QQ post cuz it wasn't ment that way.. i was just stating that paladin/warriors shouldn't QQ. most peepz(like myself) play this game for fun not for gear. also i've always played a hybrid myself too Druid/Shaman and well i have had a priest as main back in the old days together with my druid.. and yeah its to early to state what kinda plate items the DK will use. i myself won't roll a DK cuz i really cba.. well maybe as a alt.. but i myself see that so many peepz will roll a DK.. and since shamans are a lack on alliance side i'm better of staying with her :P
    No worries.
    I also dont obsess about gear. there have been 3 incidents where I passed on an item that would be a great upgrade for myself because it was also an upgrade for another party member and that party member was whining.

me: "wow nice, thats a tanking upgrade for me"
    warrior: "I need that for my tanking set, why are you rolling on it?"
    me: well I AM the tank"
    warrior: "not fair, my tanking gear really sucks, I need the upgrade"
    me: "fine; take it"
    rogue [tell]: "Why you pass on that; youre the tank"
    me [tell]: "cause I just rather him just stfu"

Guess I have a low tolerance for weak whiny people.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    I think DK will use the same attributes as a DPS warrior for doing dmg i.e Str, ap, agi, crit, hit, haste. And similar stats for tanking except for block value and block rating as they dont wear shields. So a DK tank will probably stack up loads of stamina and avoidance (parry/dodge) to survive.

Its possible some DK abilites will need +dmg but i doubt they will rely heavily on it, or they might introduce specific equip bonuses for DKs. Something like: "Equip: Increases (frost/blood/unholy) rune regeneration speed by 1 second" or something like that. And I dont think DKs will need intellect or spirit.

DKs will probably never be primary tanks, but they can offtank when needed (same role as a fury/ms war atm) in raids. And DKs will be fully capable of tanking normal 5man instances while leveling up etc, thats being done because its hard to find a tank while leveling up or when doing 5mans.
    Hmmm Id have to disagree. I think (and this is just my opinion) that Blizzard is moving towards variety, and by that I mean that currently there are tanks for different occasions. An example is that the 3 tanking classes (Paladins, Warriors, Druids) each have their stranghth and weaknesses and depending on the boss or raid one superceeds the other. I think the DK will be better at some bosses then warriors and warriors will be better then DKs in other fights. I know Pallies are really good AoE tanks, Warriors tank well for magic using bosses, druids are nice to have because they can both tank adn DPS on the same spec.

That opinion is based on the fact that I see some guilds using alot of Druids, others use alot of prot warriors.

I have a tanking druid and a friend sent a tell saying they needed an extra tank for Kara. I joined their raid and met this really nice prot warrior. When I asked the raid leader who was MT and who was OT he just said "Lets play it by ear".

That was the greatest Kara run Ive ever done. Me and the warr both had KTM threat meter and when we fought a boss we both took turns and some times I DPSed in cat gear; on some bosses I tanked and he OT..I mean noone really got mad or upset ...it was just a really fun run with really good people.

then there were horrible runs where people were pissed cause mages got aggro and people werent getting healed when they were cleaved...it was a mess.

I think it will be nice to have multiple style tanks, and I think that DKs will (maybe) have the same flexibility as druids, well put on DPS gear, DPS Runes and just DP/Buff on some fights and on others well use tanking gear, tanking runes and tank.

When you start saying "this class cant do this and this class will never do that" ..... ive met some pallies who could out tank any warriors in raids and Ive met some prot warriors that were just incredible. With the right spec and the right gear Hybrid classes designed for tanking can be really good tanks.