Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Secretive

Re: Again PvE items getting close to being better than PvP for PvP

It was mostly in jest that I said that. I used to be a hardcore raider, up until not too long ago actually.

Just way too much of a time sink on my personal life. Hats off to the folks that can clear Hyjal and Black Temple and still have time for family, friends, and recreational activities outside of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretive
    The only thing I have to add to this thread is that not all battlegroups are created equal in the slightest.

1900 on the Shadowburn battlegroup is a cakewalk, 1900 on my battlegroup is like sucking a golfball through a waterhose.

I completelly agree with that! Same as in my realm. Only 1 team on 5v5 has barelly exceeded 1.9k rating. Is it fair? More people are interested on PvE and to find good PvP players is damn hard to form a good combination team.

As solution would be to remove the rating requirement and make it the best or top 5 teams in the realm. Top 5 in your realm may mean from 2.6k down to 2.2k whereas in my realm it goes down to 1.7k. Doesn't it ring the bell for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane

2) A rating requirement of 1.9k is nothing, you can reach that even with a terrible setup. Your argument really doesn't make sense....
    Is nothing for your realm but is damn good in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster
    If you can't understand the importance of resilience and its mechanics, then it's pretty obvious why you're crying about being unable to reach a possible 1900 rating to grab the gear you covet next season.
    Of course I understand, I even exceed 400 resilience (without res. gems) but point is I never, never get targetted first. So to reiterate, if all my team is dead and I am the last target even 1000 resilience doesnt save me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynadra
    The reason all the weapons got upgraded are due to the fact that PvP weapon's where to strong.
    PvP weapons were not too strong. They dont have gem slots where you can even place 3x resilience gems on or 3x strength or 3x Crit gems and u get a great boost in stats to the existing ones (ie Twinblade of Phoenix).

But now..I dont think that the buff was soooo minor- check the World Breaker's end damage now....or the Twinblade of Phoenix Sword...

The buffs although were not significant are, I must say, very sweet and I f you had to freely chose between the Merciless Gladiator weapons and the above ones which ones would you chose?

I would chose the PvE ones no question about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ndrew
    PVP weapons shouldn't EVER be better than PVE weapons.

I'm doing 10 games per week on my alt. Pretty soon I will have enough for epic gear. 1 hour of playtime per week=epics?

Then on my main, I raid, I have to spend gold on repair bills, consumables, ect. Raids last for 3-4 hours.
    PVE gear and weapons should be far superior than anything PVP has to offer.

However, I do acknowledge that high ranked arena teams do have incredible competition. And they probably put more time in than 10 games per week. I have no problem allowing good PVPers to get good weapons. It just annoys me when a total nub, or someone's third alt can get epic gear comparable to tier 5 when they hardly put anytime into getting it.
    which is exactly why a rating requirement is coming out
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    which is exactly why a rating requirement is coming out
    Make it 20 games per week or even 30 so that PvErs dont get the time to PvP as much thereby seperating PvP from PvE.

20-30 games per week means that "bought" teams or crap teams will not be able to sustain their "high" rating enough if there is any and will make players take PvP more seriously if they wanna get involved.

sounds a reasonable idea to me
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Secretive

We consistently obliterate teams that walk into the Arena with full tier 6 and full PvE weapons.

Not even worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Secretive
    We consistently obliterate teams that walk into the Arena with full tier 6 and full PvE weapons.

Not even worried.
    Did you ever check the Armory to see what weapons most warriors in top brackets have? Most of them have SH (dont u need Vortexed i.e. PvE to get the SH crafted?) or some insane BT weapons + some insane PvE rings (also with 25 resilience dont remember name though) but ofc what I mean is that you cannot walk into an Arena with full PvE gear- you will certainly lose. A combination of both is the best.

Secretive

My teams have next to no PvE gear and we seem to be doing OK.

I believe the effect of PvE gear in Arena is vastly overstated by what I call the "QQ Qlub". Someone's ALWAYS got to complain about SOMETHING. If Blizzard suddenly made PvE items unusable in Arena, it'd satisfy the QQ Qlub members that don't raid but the QQ Qlub that does raid and enjoys using BT items in Arena.

If you suck, you're going to suck no matter what items your opponent has. 'Nuff said.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    20-30 games per week means that "bought" teams or crap teams will not be able to sustain their "high" rating enough if there is any and will make players take PvP more seriously if they wanna get involved.
    Personal Arena ratings will be implemented next patch and be the rating used to determine eligibility for Season 3 gear. This means that if your personal and team ratings are 1466, you can't just jump to a 2000 rated team for a week to scoop your loot up a week after you get your 30% involvement. You'll join the team and get the points if you participated, but your personal rating would still be well below the requirement, which means you'll still probably be ineligible for whatever you're trying to obtain.

There won't be any "bought" teams unless the teams are willing to deal with handicapping themselves and risk both their team and individual arena ratings by holding a weak link with deep pockets for more than 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Secretive

I see it already on my battlegroup actually, Duskster.

Last night as a matter of fact, my 5v5 team faced off with a typical 4 DPS team. The Elemental Shaman on the team was decked in... *drum roll*... Karazhan epics. Yes, that's right. In this 2100+ rated 5v5 match their Shammy was rocking out with PvE (terrible at that) gear. We faced them 3 times, won 2 and lost once but the point is, it happens already. In a 3v3 game last week with my Warrior and Warlock buddies we faced a Pally/Rogue/Warlock team with the Rogue rocking full GM set with GM maces. The Paladin and Warlock were in complete Merciless and no doubt had 5k points already saved up.

It's happening. In the end, nothing's going to change dishonest people looking to make a buck, and if the team/gear is good enough, a single player won't be a large enough handicap (if they understand Arena and don't suck, they just have bad gear for w/e reason) for a team to pass on 1000 gold a week.

personal rating system is, for the most part, a VERY VERY good fix and I won't complain about it. It will curb most of the team buying BS that goes on nowadays.

As I read on the 2.2 notes the TK and SSC weapons are getting upgrades.....

Well I must say the following:

1) Why then not upgrading Arena weapons too?

2) Why then do you have to place rating requirement to get Best Arena weapons...some teams may NEVER get them with rating requirement of 1.9k. In PvE you are quaranteed to get it sometime as your gear improves because it improves relative to the mobs you fight and not relative to the other players you fight who, in turn, improve at the same pace as you (or faster) which makes no difference in real terms.

3) Why do PvP players who have BS craftet weapons have to do PvE to get the Vortexes to upgrade their weapon?

4) Why best accessories (rings, Trinkets etc) can be obtained though PvE and not PvP? What Trinket we got for PvP? The medallion? The Healing one?Where are the dps Trinkets?

5) Warriors are usually targetted last in Arenas, therefore making high end PVE items (Upgraded weapons + Trinkets + DPS rings etc) their dps insane in Arenas...as last targets who cares abt resilience if all players are already dead in your team?

1.This has got to be a joke of a post. Before the 2.2 patch, arena weapons were on par if not better for some classes than BT/Hyjal weapons. Does that even seem remotely fair that people learning SSC/TK had weapons from an instance 2 tiers higher than it?

2.PvE is not a guaranteed epic, you have no idea what you are talking about. Time, skill, commitment are what it takes to succeed in PvE, but most importantly success is how you get a chance at items you want. Whereas PvP, you can lose your way to epics.

3. I forgot where it says that crafted items meant they are for pvp. You don't have to get the crafted items, you don't have to get it upgraded. There are other items in the game that are viable as well.

4. This is prolly the only party I agree with you. Besides the medallion, most people run with PvE trinkets or the heal/resil trinket. They could do something to help this.

5. That is just a strategy people use. Blame it on the class mechanics and not the items that you can't obtain.

Secretive

I like killing Warriors first......

If you suck, you're going to suck no matter what items your opponent has. 'Nuff said.
    end of topic ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster
    Personal Arena ratings will be implemented next patch and be the rating used to determine eligibility for Season 3 gear. This means that if your personal and team ratings are 1466, you can't just jump to a 2000 rated team for a week to scoop your loot up a week after you get your 30% involvement. You'll join the team and get the points if you participated, but your personal rating would still be well below the requirement, which means you'll still probably be ineligible for whatever you're trying to obtain.

There won't be any "bought" teams unless the teams are willing to deal with handicapping themselves and risk both their team and individual arena ratings by holding a weak link with deep pockets for more than 2 weeks.

What about if the reverse happens and 2k rated ppl who had obtained 5/5 Arena gear + weapon jump into 1.4 rated teams ...they wont care about their personal rating anymore since they already have all

Assuming you save 5k for S3 and spend it when you get the Rating Req. You can buy chest/helm/shoulders. Then you'd still have to wait 3 weeks for a weapon (getting about 1k a week), 2-3 weeks for the other 2 pieces. Getting 1k a week is roughly a rating of 2405-2's, 2118-3's, 1986-5's.

Then they'd have to make a new team with that "scrub" that wants gear. All of them start over at a 1500 personal rating. And dragging that one person to a 2k rating just for his loot will be a pain. For at least 2 months assuming he's already saved 5k. People who do what you say will either have to have been payed A LOT for their services because this way provides much much more of a pain.

This implementation fixes a lot more problems because right now the scrubs just lose 3 games and the good players win the other 7 and they get their points for the week. It's a lot harder to win with slacking people in your team to raise their personal ratings.

The game is centered around PvE, stop whining about PvP and imbalancing my PvE!
    9/11/08 - Priests will never forgive, and never forget.

15+ Year Old Account

What about if the reverse happens and 2k rated ppl who had obtained 5/5 Arena gear + weapon jump into 1.4 rated teams ...they wont care about their personal rating anymore since they already have all

Anyone who has built themselves up to a 2100+ rating and 5/5 is most likely gunning to qualify for the end-of-season rewards and won't bother to disassemble their team and reset their indivisual ratings for the sole purpose of powerlevelling some schmuck who can't be bothered to pull his own load.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile