Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Again PvE items getting close to being better than PvP for PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Phrawst
    How can you honestly say that fighting a computer scripted enemy that does the same thing every time is harder than fighting real live human beings.

Thats just STUPID.

You can't count the time you spend finding the people for your guild/raid or farming consumables. That has nothing to do with the in the moment challenge. PvP'ers have to farm the mats for their enchants, and waste time grinding honor just like you waste time farming mats for pots. However I don't count that grinding time as part of the "challenge" of PvP/arena.

Besides the fact that there are guides upon guides upon guides for every boss fight in the game online for people to look up, and kill shot videos.

Yes theres guides for pvp and arena as well. Videos too. Problem is that the team you face isn't going to do the same thing as the team in the guides/videos so that makes them alot less valuable.

The fact that the highest end raiding guilds have really great arena teams MAKES SENSE. They're great players so no doubt they excel at all aspects of the game. But the PvP -> PvE skill ratio falls off pretty quick. I've pvp'ed back in the day with people who were some of the best raiders in my guild and they FAILED miserably.

Dungeons NEVER change, it doesn't take too much time to figure out how to top the DPS charts or own effective healing.

So forget about the time farming pots, or recruiting new players and gearing them up. Or finding new teammates and spending an ENTIRE season teaching them to PvP and bankign their honor and arena points so they can be geared for the next season (Because if you're trying to break a new character into arena thats the price you pay, an entire season of sucking bawlz to bank points)

Forget about all of that, because thats just the grind you have to do to participate in the PvE/PvP content.

The "in the moment" challenge is what counts. And "We've done this boss fight 100 times I'm gonna go afk till phase 2 because I dont' really do anything in phase 1" is ALOT EASIER than 5v5 game starts, you have 10 seconds to get your team organized and execute.

Seriously saying a computer scripted event is harder than playing a human being has to be the dumbest argument ever, and too many butt hurt raiders say it because they want to look the "coolest" in their "gear" in the "virtual online world". If you're that worried about your status in an online video game you should probably quit playing and worry about your status IRL.
    Spoken like a true PVE virgin. Comparing a boss fight that could take a few weeks to beat because of how hard it is to an arena fight is just, and i will use your primitive speak, STUPID ( lol). It doesnt matter that arena teams are controlled by people, at the end of the day, you get 10 odd seconds to size up your team, get a tactic going and apply that tactic. Kill such and such first, cc this etc ''In the moment'' is nothing more than using your abilities to put this tactic into effect, it isn't bloody rocket science! After playing the game for 2 odd years, most hardcore pvpers will know their abilities inside out, it isnt that hard for them to use these abilities very quickly and efficiently , it just requires more thinking and better decision making in a short time.

You really fail with your ''they're npcs, these people lollol'' argument because it doesnt matter, squeezed into a 5 minute time span, you could be fighting a bloody dinosaur and it would pale in comparison to spending a few weeks trying to kill a boss. Notice i didnt mention anything about that boss been harder when it comes to skill, no, its harder when it comes to effort and theres the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by flammable
    PvP items are too good compared to PvE items, not the other way around. Very few people I imagine will still do Karazhan from next patch, because equal PvP items will be gotten from honor.

Lets take the "skill" arguement out of it. I don't particularly see how PvP or PvE involves much skill. Much of it comes from gear, experience and practice. In reality, that is how most people are 'good' at something, they have just had plenty of experience of it. Your not naturally gifted because you have a high arena team or are in a good guild, your simply spend a lot of time at it.

At the end of the day... PvP, you save up your points, you know you will get the item. With PvE, it takes much longer to get the items and you have to be lucky with the drop rates.

To get the best PvE gear, you have to spend hours each day. With PvP, you play your 10 games.

In my opinion, the arena points should be seriously nerfed. Perhaps by 75%. Only the very very best should be in full arena gear.
    100% Agreed

In my opinion Arena and PvP Items are too strong and too easy to acquire. It's really trivial getting full Arena Gear + Weapon with a semi good Arena Team. It even kills the fun in raiding for me due to the fact that I can't get better Items in PvE to beat the crap out of my Enemies like in WoW Classic.
    Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Predatore
    100% Agreed

In my opinion Arena and PvP Items are too strong and too easy to acquire. It's really trivial getting full Arena Gear + Weapon with a semi good Arena Team. It even kills the fun in raiding for me due to the fact that I can't get better Items in PvE to beat the crap out of my Enemies like in WoW Classic.
    Just my 2 cents
    As much as it screws me, I like the personal rating requirement put on S3 weapons and shoulders (lol). I'm not the greatest PVPer or am I great at the Arenas, but I like to do it for something different and to have fun. Is it fair that some guy can have his friends run up the score, he plays 30% and gets epics in three weeks? No, plus its not fun going against that guy either because its not a challenge.
    Its funny because arena weapons are pretty much the best weapons any normal raider will see, barring those guys in BT/Hyjal right now. I'm ok with that, I am looking forward to getting my S2 spellblade at a small discount.

Ive done the HWL Grind back when you needed to get 1million honor a week to get it , am currently on a 1900+ 5v5 team to get it and also did first 4 bosses in naxx all but Cthun in AQ40 and have cleared all BC's bosses in game and am gonna have to agree with almost every post i read on here which was just the first couple pages cuz im too lazy atm to read all 13 pages. We have seen 0 Dragonspine Trophies and 0 Eye of Magtheridon, we have also never seen the caster sword from Leotheras so even if it is because it should be because you may never even see the thing drop in your whole time playing the game.

Scripted Encounters involve random variables that require reactions.

People make mistakes that end in your favor.

Trying to compare what's hard in arenas versus what's hard in PvE is senseless. Each side has valid arguments.

Both PvE and PvP have challenging moments and easy moments.

It takes more time to do PvE than it does to do PvP. Therefore, PvE should net greater rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Phrawst

Dungeons NEVER change, it doesn't take too much time to figure out how to top the DPS charts or own effective healing.
    And people are stupid. This game gives you so wide range of actions you can do,right? Wait,wrong - because its not. Because you do not have to be noble laureates to know which class can perform what in response of which of your actions.
    Seriously saying a computer scripted event is harder than playing a human being has to be the dumbest argument ever, and too many butt hurt raiders say it because they want to look the "coolest" in their "gear" in the "virtual online world". If you're that worried about your status in an online video game you should probably quit playing and worry about your status IRL.
    As i said,people are more stupid then "Scripted Encounters" like you call it. They will do exact same things in the fight like they did 10 times before it,there is no randomness at all. Its just an order of execution,even worse then in PVE. At least there,you have to care about how good you actually perform.
    And by the way,why did those things like "fake heals" even appeared? Because,probably,people used to do one exact thing on you when you was casting spell,yea,that is totally not random,that is what PVE doesn't have.
    All those discussions about PVE against PVP - they just stink. Computer Programmed Opponents may not have so wide range of actions they can perform and they can not invent something new,but they at least are based on random things and not the things which in people's case will be called "habits".
    In dedicato imperatum ultra articulo mortis.

Qft

People will act same as scripted encounters, there is not so many ways how to play your character or what combination of classes you will have against your team. The only think that can suprise you is when mages will start melee you and warriors will bandage them in arena ;D

It seems pretty straightforward to me. PvE gear should be better for PvE, PvP for PvP. Sure you can use one for the other, but to truly excel you should have the correct gear for the aspect of the game you enjoy playing. Raiders in T6 shouldn't be able to beat PvPers in S2, they're value is only truly useful in a raid, just like a S2 equipped player shouldn't be anywhere as effective in a raid environment as a top geared PvE geared player.

Quote Originally Posted by flammable
    PvP items are too good compared to PvE items, not the other way around. Very few people I imagine will still do Karazhan from next patch, because equal PvP items will be gotten from honor.
    nah Bosses will also drop 2-3 badges each its not bad while a dps warrior (as MS warr will be able to tank with increased threat from MS) can enhance his prot gear is not bad also..so Kazharan will still be popular.

Well... a confession from a lonely druid/hunter:
    PVP and arena ended raids in my realm. Absolutely no one raids anymore. All the big guilds are full merciless and I am dying... Once S2 was out everyone simply rushed to it consumed by the ez epix while they were still breachin through SSC. At this point no one has ever gone past TK.
    And let me state something that I know for a fact. My realm is so straight up full of idiots that the first chance I have for a transfer is my ticket to heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by overneathe
    PVP and arena ended raids in my realm. Absolutely no one raids anymore. All the big guilds are full merciless and I am dying... Once S2 was out everyone simply rushed to it consumed by the ez epix while they were still breachin through SSC. At this point no one has ever gone past TK.
    And let me state something that I know for a fact. My realm is so straight up full of idiots that the first chance I have for a transfer is my ticket to heaven.
    If I were you I would just wait till S3 and see if attitute will change. If not I would try migrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    If I were you I would just wait till S3 and see if attitute will change. If not I would try migrate.
    Yes, attitude will change. I will have gathered RL money for transfer while everyone is sucking up arena points.

Like I said before same happens on my Realm. Gorgonnash is heavily focused on PvP and therefore most people wearing full S2. Why should those people raid anymore??? There is no better gear they can get from raiding.
    In my opinion "Arena killed the Raiding Star" ^^
    It's much to easy getting uber gear from PvP if you invest a small amount of time every week.

Hi from Gorgonnash... lol

I agree, but this isn't something we can really fix... I'm looking foward to having to spend 3.8k arena points do be able to DPS as much as I can in PvE...

Quote Originally Posted by Akhtal
    Hi from Gorgonnash... lol

I agree, but this isn't something we can really fix... I'm looking foward to having to spend 3.8k arena points do be able to DPS as much as I can in PvE...
    Oh... you will never get in PVE with arena gear. Trust me. You won't want to.

Oh... you will never get in PVE with arena gear. Trust me. You won't want to.
    Why not?If you warrior for example and you are 31/30 PvP gear gives you more crit chance thereby proccing Flurry much more which enhances dps

Deleted

except you dont have the hit rating or much of the other stats required for pvp. Half of your item budget is wasted on more stamina than you need and this stupid stat called resilience.

As a raid/guild leader the ONLY PvP items i will let people use in raids is weapons and Arena armour for bears (as resilience is actually usefull to them and moar stam on bears = win!

1-Pve items should be at least the same than pvp gear
    2-bosses are on a CD and only one person in the raid is getting the item and its random..way harder than waste your day farming honor
    3-Pve is more chanlenging and ppl who inspect and see a weap dropping from like some1 in BT im always like wow:O
    4-???
    5-profit
    o well theres more reason and i enjoy pvp too..stop qqing

Why not?If you warrior for example and you are 31/30 PvP gear gives you more crit chance thereby proccing Flurry much more which enhances dps
    and it will make it even easier to kill the pve warrior than it already is...
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

You misunderstood. There is no point in you doing raids. You have better gear then T6 in S3.
    Now if you want to raid for the soul purpose of getting TotD then I pity your lifesteal and idols.