Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Again PvE items getting close to being better than PvP for PvP

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    ur.. wuts hit raeting?

I'm at 85 hit rating right now (5.39%) and for all practical purposes I never miss. Band of the Exorcist gives me 10 rating, which I will easily make up for (after getting the new honor ring) with Surefooted.
    Full S3, including S3 2H weapon: 12+12+12 + 15 (weapon) + 16 (head enchant) = 67 hit rating (copy-pasta'd from wowhead comments); add surefooted, that's 77 hit rating. Seeing as for a PvP warrior going far above 79 (5% hit) is kind of pointless, I'll take the 77. If I notice the 2 hit rating I will be short of 79 to make me miss a lot, I'll just throw a +8 hit or a +4 hit/+4 agi gem in one of my yellow sockets and will be set.

Then again, I'm open for suggestions and if you think 79 hit is not enough, please do explain why - I'd be more than happy to see a way to improve my PvPness.

On a side note: I would really like to see some +expertise gems, seeing a parry on your MS is not pretty.

Also, do you know a good addon (preferably Ace-2, since Ace kicks ass) that would allow me to keep track of how many misses/parries/dodges out of all hits I get. You got me curious about numbers.
    There are some classes' talents I think that increase your chance to miss and therefore you may need higher +hit which you will have to get though PvE. Some top warriors have far above even 85hit rating.

By the way, did you get 2/2 in Weapon Mastery? Cause I even see casters dodging a lot without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    There are some classes' talents I think that increase your chance to miss and therefore you may need higher +hit which you will have to get though PvE. Some top warriors have far above even 85hit rating.

By the way, did you get 2/2 in Weapon Mastery? Cause I even see casters dodging a lot without it.
    Hrm, I'll take a look at it. Still looking for a good addon, would really like to see some statistical data from BGs.

I did get 2/2 weapon mastery as I wanted to get flurry, and weapon mastery is a great filler talent. Stacked with my new racial (human), I have a total of -1.25% parry / -3.25% dodge and I found things dodging a lot less. In group PvP, where stance dancing to overpower has a potential of wasting 50+ rage, this decrease of 4.5% in my target's effective avoidance is rather useful. Parries are still annoying though and I'd really like to see some expertise gems.

Hrm, I'll take a look at it. Still looking for a good addon, would really like to see some statistical data from BGs.

I did get 2/2 weapon mastery as I wanted to get flurry, and weapon mastery is a great filler talent. Stacked with my new racial (human), I have a total of -1.25% parry / -3.25% dodge and I found things dodging a lot less. In group PvP, where stance dancing to overpower has a potential of wasting 50+ rage, this decrease of 4.5% in my target's effective avoidance is rather useful. Parries are still annoying though and I'd really like to see some expertise gems.
    Why would your OP cost 50 rage? And OP cannot be dodged or Parried btw. More dodge = more OP = You increase your crit chance ;D

In case I have more than 10 rage, all extra rage will be wasted on the stance dance when trying to OP.
    OP is awesome when you are not getting damaged and are usually low on rage. Otherwise, the rage loss from changing stances is not worth a potential SS + WW combo or an extra heroic strike or instant attack.

In case I have more than 10 rage, all extra rage will be wasted on the stance dance when trying to OP.
    OP is awesome when you are not getting damaged and are usually low on rage. Otherwise, the rage loss from changing stances is not worth a potential SS + WW combo or an extra heroic strike or instant attack.
    SS+WW Combo? SS+WW dont stack I mean you dont get to hit 4 enemies + 2 more from SS

SS+WW Combo? SS+WW dont stack I mean you dont get to hit 4 enemies + 2 more from SS
    But they do, it "double-hits" (technically) 4 enemies.

CombatStats isn't bad, link: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/4409/

..sigh..Berserker Call..Tsunami Talisman..where will you find those trinkets in PvP?

..sigh..Berserker Call..Tsunami Talisman..where will you find those trinkets in PvP?
    Some good items come from PvE. Some come from PvP. Get over it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nookey
    yeah, Berserker's Call is hard to get, even for a pvper, RIGHT!
    Its the most imba PvP trinket out there. Do you really think its so easy given the % chance to drop + a queue of an entire legion waiting to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamberta
    Its the most imba PvP trinket out there. Do you really think its so easy given the % chance to drop + a queue of an entire legion waiting to get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    however this will force me into a +hit gem or perhaps if im lucky something like a tsunami talisman on down the line, since i have seen some special ability misses when hovering at 5.5%
    Well thats what am talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamberta
    i don't see it as being that hard to get, you can run ZA twice a week, just start power clearing it, even if you are a pvp'er, what is wrong in dedicating some time if you want to improve yourself :P

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

The Trinket is hard. But its for PvE'ers not PvP'ers just because it is a "good pvp trinket" doesn't mean that PVP'ers should be "entitled to it" if you want PvE loot go get your PvP Buddy's together and do it. I keep hearing how PvP is so much harder then a PvE "scripted event" then you should have no problem learning the events and getting them done it only takes 10 people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

oh wait, epics are hard to get, ISNT THAT WHATS ITS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE!?
    That made me laugh

oh wait, epics are hard to get, ISNT THAT WHATS ITS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE!?
    You dont get the point here.All epics are hard but in relative terms some are accessible and some are not. But the best PvP trinkets are not found in PvP at least for warriors who dont get focused targetted.For casters I agree probably what they need is resilience,dmg+hp

yes yes yes yes, epic are easy to drop

blizzard should change all boss drops to the green color, that fix all the problem

to me the best pvp trinket still comes from pve, so i'm not sure what i am going to do lol.
    I completelly understand what you mean Azain.

btw to those who make stupid comments please dont post anymore. If you wanna follow costructive comments such as those of Azain that really make you think about your class then go ahead otherwise we dont need you.

btw in relation to the post soo many PvE items have Armor ignoring effects embedded in them. Can you imagine if you get all of them+Executioner? Some BT weapons armor ignore is insane.THis brings us back to BRE weapon from Ragnaros. I had it before Ashkandi and I must say I saw some insane numbers when BRE procced. Ashkandi overall had better sustained dmg but BREs proc damage was insane.

So imagine if a warrior combines: All armor ignoring PvP Armor+CLoak etc, Armor ignoring Trinket from BT, Armor ignoring Sword from BT+ Executioner + ZA armor ignoring Armor on a case by case basis. You will be an armor ignoring machine with low resilience however, with such an insane damage, that resilience wont matter anymore cause your target will be dead. I saw A duel the other day with a warrior with full Vengeful against all the above items I mentioned. He had full armor ignoring items. The Vengeful warrior practically became like Leather. It was insane. Armor ignoring geared warrior was like at 35% when Vengefull warrior was dead (S3 shoulders + Weapon btw). They dueled 8 times and the score went 8-0. Was practically impossible for the Vng guy to take the other guy down.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    btw in relation to the post soo many PvE items have Armor ignoring effects embedded in them. Can you imagine if you get all of them+Executioner? Some BT weapons armor ignore is insane.THis brings us back to BRE weapon from Ragnaros. I had it before Ashkandi and I must say I saw some insane numbers when BRE procced. Ashkandi overall had better sustained dmg but BREs proc damage was insane.

So imagine if a warrior combines: All armor ignoring PvP Armor+CLoak etc, Armor ignoring Trinket from BT, Armor ignoring Sword from BT+ Executioner + ZA armor ignoring Armor on a case by case basis. You will be an armor ignoring machine with low resilience however, with such an insane damage, that resilience wont matter anymore cause your target will be dead. I saw A duel the other day with a warrior with full Vengeful against all the above items I mentioned. He had full armor ignoring items. The Vengeful warrior practically became like Leather. It was insane. Armor ignoring geared warrior was like at 35% when Vengefull warrior was dead (S3 shoulders + Weapon btw). They dueled 8 times and the score went 8-0. Was practically impossible for the Vng guy to take the other guy down.
    well i dont know if i would go full armor pen, however if cataclysm's edge were available to me i would use that over s3, not just because i would be 5/5 this week but because of the armor pen. same things with rings or trinkets or even belt/bracers w/e. having 330 or 350 resil as a warrior vs 400 is not going to make a huge difference, especially when you bring your static armor pen above 1k, and close to 2k with executioner.

2k nearly covers all cloth even with buffs, and cuts rogues and druids in half. i don't see it making a huge difference for warriors tho :/
    to me 1-2% damage is not the same as 5% crit damage and 2.5% crit rate. to me the veng warrior should win. do you have a link to those duels?

well i dont know if i would go full armor pen, however if cataclysm's edge were available to me i would use that over s3, not just because i would be 5/5 this week but because of the armor pen. same things with rings or trinkets or even belt/bracers w/e. having 330 or 350 resil as a warrior vs 400 is not going to make a huge difference, especially when you bring your static armor pen above 1k, and close to 2k with executioner.

2k nearly covers all cloth even with buffs, and cuts rogues and druids in half. i don't see it making a huge difference for warriors tho :/
    to me 1-2% damage is not the same as 5% crit damage and 2.5% crit rate. to me the veng warrior should win. do you have a link to those duels?
    I was thinking the same.Dont take me wront the PvE guy also had Armor ignoring PvP items and Vengeful items. No not possible atm but 8-0 is too much and signals me something and directs me to the main subject of this post.