Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    end of topic ;D
    can't do nothing but agree.

Re: Again PvE items getting close to being better than PvP for PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle
    can't do nothing but agree.
    Topic never ends ;D

What about the new PvE items such as the Apolyon Sword with 625 end damage and 148.7dps vs the S3 one with 580 end dmg and 134 dps? Ah also Apolyon has 3 red gem slots how about that. And I wont comment on the other stats it offers....Also I doubbt that given the progression from S2 weapons to S3, S4 weapons will be close to Apolyon....Needless to comment about the other insane drops with haste rating and great stats..

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    What about the new PvE items such as the Apolyon Sword with 625 end damage and 148.7dps vs the S3 one with 580 end dmg and 134 dps? Ah also Apolyon has 3 red gem slots how about that. And I wont comment on the other stats it offers....Also I doubbt that given the progression from S2 weapons to S3, S4 weapons will be close to Apolyon....Needless to comment about the other insane drops with haste rating and great stats..
    omg digging up old threads is the theme today. and me posting on them seems to also be one but w/e.

as for apolyon i see your talking sunwell, but until you see s4 weapons i wouldn't comment on it, since chances are if 1850 is still the rating then most people will have it first week of s4, giving pve guilds only 2-3 weeks to get apolyon to drop. i could see s4 sword coming in around 144 dps, roughly a 10 dps increase, and still giving apolyon overall damage/dps edge. 3 red gems gives at best 15 str and 15 crit, not a huge boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    omg digging up old threads is the theme today. and me posting on them seems to also be one but w/e.

as for apolyon i see your talking sunwell, but until you see s4 weapons i wouldn't comment on it, since chances are if 1850 is still the rating then most people will have it first week of s4, giving pve guilds only 2-3 weeks to get apolyon to drop. i could see s4 sword coming in around 144 dps, roughly a 10 dps increase, and still giving apolyon overall damage/dps edge. 3 red gems gives at best 15 str and 15 crit, not a huge boost.
    As far as I remember it has 75 Stamina, and with 15 STR gems AP goes close to 170 and crit goes 57. What has been the stamina, STR and AP progression from S2 weapon to S3 one? I think S4 ones wont be even close to Apolyon.

The only thing I have to say is - WTFLUX... that sword is disgusting for PvP warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    The only thing I have to say is - WTFLUX... that sword is disgusting for PvP warriors.
    Yes its OP

Guild which kill Kiljaedan will put much more bigger effort into that then you playing in 2300 rating so they deserve better weapons - dont they. Live with that

Yes its amazingly OP even for PvP it will merely destroy all teams. Thanks for posting this Felix. This reinforces my original post.

I dunno, but to get this sword, you need to kill the strongest Boss in wow... mhm for s4 you need to kill people... well ... and you will have s4 2 weeks after release of the new season ...

Well now tell me ... i think raiding you ass of 6 day's a wekk to kill Kiljaeden fast is a "little" bit harder than killing "pro" human players in a stupid arena match ...

Little comment onside, it doesnt matter i foyu waer a 150 or 500 Dps sword... a good team will kil your warry in 5 secs anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Jakobs
    I dunno, but to get this sword, you need to kill the strongest Boss in wow... mhm for s4 you need to kill people... well ... and you will have s4 2 weeks after release of the new season ...

Well now tell me ... i think raiding you ass of 6 day's a wekk to kill Kiljaeden fast is a "little" bit harder than killing "pro" human players in a stupid arena match ...

Little comment onside, it doesnt matter i foyu waer a 150 or 500 Dps sword... a good team will kil your warry in 5 secs anyway
    I generally agree but this weapon will not even be matched by S5 weapons. I am not even sure if S5 weapons will exist before xpansion..

Quote Originally Posted by Narzania
    I generally agree but this weapon will not even be matched by S5 weapons. I am not even sure if S5 weapons will exist before xpansion..
    s5 will not exist before expansion, it will be the first season of WotLK.
    without seeing s4 weapons, how can you comment on them? even if s4 sword is 144 dps and a mere 3 dps below apolyon is it really going to be that op?

you are also forgetting warriors have fallen behind in terms of resilience from season to season. wearing even 1-2 pieces of non-pvp gear could put you below 300, and trust me when we see a warrior wearing some pve pieces we blow him up, because putting on a sword n board makes you worthless in arenas, and its an easy way to win when your team is putting on far more pressure. if s4 has a decent resil boost then my point is moot, and as i just said we will have to wait and see the gear...

s5 will not exist before expansion, it will be the first season of WotLK.
    without seeing s4 weapons, how can you comment on them? even if s4 sword is 144 dps and a mere 3 dps below apolyon is it really going to be that op?

you are also forgetting warriors have fallen behind in terms of resilience from season to season. wearing even 1-2 pieces of non-pvp gear could put you below 300, and trust me when we see a warrior wearing some pve pieces we blow him up, because putting on a sword n board makes you worthless in arenas, and its an easy way to win when your team is putting on far more pressure. if s4 has a decent resil boost then my point is moot, and as i just said we will have to wait and see the gear...

Commenting on the progression from S2 to S3. Its not only dps that matters its also end dmg. Apolyon will have 625. S2-S3 weapons had 31 end dmg boost.By the same token, if you add 31 on 580 you will get 611. The dmg boost has to be at least 45 more end dmg before it becomes at par. Its a huge difference I must say and wont be matched by S4 weapons for sure. Given all the other stats boosted by 3 red gem slots, more dps etc. the Apolyon will still prevail by quite some bit no doubt. And even in terms of Stamina I doubt that Stanina will even increase by 13 to match Apolyon's considering the +7 stamina increase from s2-s3 weapons. Apolyo is expected to be by far the best weapon before expansion.

As far as resilience is concerned, I agree warriors fall behind but its not a gear problem.Its a problem of gems and trinket use. For instance you may also place +Stamina and Resilience gems and the 34 Resilience trinket. Nobody stops you from doing it. U can do it and be an uber survivability machine with full armor, insane HP and resilience but will less dmg. Its your choice. Spec also last stand and there you are.

As far as resilience is concerned, I agree warriors fall behind but its not a gear problem.Its a problem of gems and trinket use. For instance you may also place +Stamina and Resilience gems and the 34 Resilience trinket. Nobody stops you from doing it. U can do it and be an uber survivability machine with full armor, insane HP and resilience but will less dmg. Its your choice. Spec also last stand and there you are.
    first let me say i would have no problems if apolyon was better in terms of damage. also secondly, in socketing your gear with stam/res gems and using a res trinket is going to gimp your damage, and easily make up for what you would have lost by using apolyon.

spec last stand and you are bad, no offense but that is way too many points wasted in trying to survive. a warriors job is rarely to tank, we should be max damage and fall back on good resil/stam and a sword/board in close situations. but definitely not last stand.

first let me say i would have no problems if apolyon was better in terms of damage. also secondly, in socketing your gear with stam/res gems and using a res trinket is going to gimp your damage, and easily make up for what you would have lost by using apolyon.

spec last stand and you are bad, no offense but that is way too many points wasted in trying to survive. a warriors job is rarely to tank, we should be max damage and fall back on good resil/stam and a sword/board in close situations. but definitely not last stand.
    Well you can serve a role of doing MS and HS and let the others do the insane dmg.

Well you can serve a role of doing MS and HS and let the others do the insane dmg.
    maybe, maybe in 5v5. but in 2v2 or 3v3 that would never work. likewise i think if you were in 5v5 they are better choices of classes to nuke than a warrior, especially given you can see his spec right from the start.

Commenting on the progression from S2 to S3. Its not only dps that matters its also end dmg. Apolyon will have 625. S2-S3 weapons had 31 end dmg boost.By the same token, if you add 31 on 580 you will get 611. The dmg boost has to be at least 45 more end dmg before it becomes at par. Its a huge difference I must say and wont be matched by S4 weapons for sure. Given all the other stats boosted by 3 red gem slots, more dps etc. the Apolyon will still prevail by quite some bit no doubt. And even in terms of Stamina I doubt that Stanina will even increase by 13 to match Apolyon's considering the +7 stamina increase from s2-s3 weapons. Apolyo is expected to be by far the best weapon before expansion.

And what is your problem? That someone who put much more effort or got better guild or anything else and got this sword gonna own you in duel because he got better weapon then you can get? Is it unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Windcape
    ofcource, since effort shouldn't be rewarding in WoW
    effort should be one of many factors that result in rewards
    but certainly not the only one.

effort should be one of many factors that result in rewards
    but certainly not the only one.
    and skill :P

And willingness to afk in battlegrounds for 10 hours a night, or willingness to enter a level 70 battleground at level 65 and die repeatedly, that rewards epics as well.