Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Why is there no PVP Protection Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    i can see you're getting to the points that by protection you mean for pve raiding purposes- why would anyone go prot for pvp, i think it's obvious why there is no prot gear from arena, because arena is not for pve :P
    The request for prot pvp gear is to supply gear for pvp that can be used with other specs. f.e shamans, druids, paladins has pvp gear for each spec. why shouldnt warriors have that? and as being prot war in raids it would be nice to have some prot-pvp gear do do some occasional pvp (i dont mean 2000+ rating teams) without spending 100g to spec back and forth each day you want to pvp, raiding is expensive enough as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Whilst it is not possible to "block a critical attack" it is similarly not possible to score a critical hit on someone who has miss+dodge+parry+block > 100%.
    you can block critical hits....
    i often enough geht big flashing msbt texts saying "800 Mortal Strike (250 Blocked)"
    And the Combt log says "Blub's Mortal Strike Crits you for 800 Damage (250 blocked)"

When i'm at home, i gona make some screenshots for you.

This is BTW only possible in PVP from Yellowhits AND if a Player hits a mob with critical yellowhits.
    It is not possible for mobs (or at least i have never seen it) to crit trough a block. Maybe this would be possible, if you don't have enough defense to be crit immune.
    Please excuse my bad english, it is not my main language.

Regardless of that wall of text, prot will never be a viable pvp build, not over Arms or even Fury. There's just no comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikevercetti
    Regardless of that wall of text, prot will never be a viable pvp build, not over Arms or even Fury. There's just no comparison.
    thank you that you told it oh man great. puh, what time i could have wasted if i would have tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikevercetti
    its a completely different style of pvp, you have insane dmg reduction and blocking most attacks from melee dudes helps a lot, casters will be harder with the lowered dps, but shield up all the time and you can spell reflect every 10sec helps a lot against mages in particular. warlocks/priests can drain life/mind flay without risking to get spell reflected.

sure prot isnt viable in 5v5 setting in my opinion but having some fun and getting a fair/decent amount of arena points from 2v2 or 3v3 is what i would like to have.

also if there was prot pvp gear with high block value and crit it would be useful in 5mans, with raiding gear you have too much avoidance to get any rage and being able to hold aggro in 5mans these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    its a completely different style of pvp, you have insane dmg reduction and blocking most attacks from melee dudes helps a lot, casters will be harder with the lowered dps, but shield up all the time and you can spell reflect every 10sec helps a lot against mages in particular. warlocks/priests can drain life/mind flay without risking to get spell reflected.

sure prot isnt viable in 5v5 setting in my opinion but having some fun and getting a fair/decent amount of arena points from 2v2 or 3v3 is what i would like to have.

also if there was prot pvp gear with high block value and crit it would be useful in 5mans, with raiding gear you have too much avoidance to get any rage and being able to hold aggro in 5mans these days.
    so do you think you will have unlimited rage ? lol

if i see a noob prot warrior in arena as a mage i will just dont bother with him and his 125 melee dmg

i will go for the healer than wand him to death for more than he can do.

no place for prot warrior outside running flag in wsg

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    so do you think you will have unlimited rage ? lol

if i see a noob prot warrior in arena as a mage i will just dont bother with him and his 125 melee dmg

i will go for the healer than wand him to death for more than he can do.

no place for prot warrior outside running flag in wsg
    That would only will work if you are an icemage.

aaand...
    *calculate*
    my dps is actualy 400 without selfbuffs.

If you play in europe we could arrange a meeting at the testservers when they are up again.

That's btw an offer to everyone who is interested in how it actualy works and who whants to see by themselfes how viable it is.
    I also hope that premades are availible again and i can test it with a mix of BT and Arena Gear. I hope they got some nice blockvalue items as choices there.

Quote Originally Posted by leberle
    That would only will work if you are an icemage.

aaand...
    *calculate*
    my dps is actualy 400 without selfbuffs.

If you play in europe we could arrange a meeting at the testservers when they are up again.

That's btw an offer to everyone who is interested in how it actualy works and who whants to see by themselfes how viable it is.
    I also hope that premades are availible again and i can test it with a mix of BT and Arena Gear. I hope they got some nice blockvalue items as choices there.
    what ppl dont get is a protection warrior age generation is nearly NUL if he generate it only by the damage he does.

making him a laughable enemy in bg since you can just focus fire on the healer and no mortal strike for my healer is a joke to heal through

what ppl dont get is a protection warrior age generation is nearly NUL if he generate it only by the damage he does.

making him a laughable enemy in bg since you can just focus fire on the healer and no mortal strike for my healer is a joke to heal through
    On what healer? I would never make a 2vs2 team as prot warrior with a pure healer. That's a bad setup.

anyways, i am not going to explain everything again since you will always say it is not viable. My invitation to the testrealm is alway open (til lthe 19th, there my account runs out), so if you whant to see the difference or proove me, that i talk bullshit, you can come.

AND STILL THIS IS NO THREAD TO DISCUSS ABOUT VIABILITY OF PROT IN PVP, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE REWARDS THAT PEOPLE SHOULD GET FOR PVP FROM PVP FFS!!

ah, better.

nope, wouldnt team up with a healer as prot pvp war in a 2v2 senario. with prot pvp war + another dps you can dps the other healer where the warrior has shield bash with silence and stuns (concussion blow + intercept) which is nice for interrupting heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    nope, wouldnt team up with a healer as prot pvp war in a 2v2 senario. with prot pvp war + another dps you can dps the other healer where the warrior has shield bash with silence and stuns (concussion blow + intercept) which is nice for interrupting heals.
    as a prot warrior with another dps youll get killed last vs a 2 dps combo and first on a healer dps combo that got caster.

see prot is only good vs rogue and maybe bug a healer but seriously how can you bug a healer that use hot ? and even how can you bug a healer enought when you just have 1 dps doing the job first.. your easy to cc, no burst dps, Shield bash = pummel every warrior got that.

a 3 second stun that can really be what... only good for cancelling a cast but its not a counterspell or a felpup silence...

for bugging a healer seriously a felpup is better than you.

as a prot warrior with another dps youll get killed last vs a 2 dps combo and first on a healer dps combo that got caster.

see prot is only good vs rogue and maybe bug a healer but seriously how can you bug a healer that use hot ? and even how can you bug a healer enought when you just have 1 dps doing the job first.. your easy to cc, no burst dps, Shield bash = pummel every warrior got that.

a 3 second stun that can really be what... only good for cancelling a cast but its not a counterspell or a felpup silence...

for bugging a healer seriously a felpup is better than you.
    anyways, i am not going to explain everything again since you will always say it is not viable. My invitation to the testrealm is alway open (til lthe 19th, there my account runs out), so if you whant to see the difference or proove me, that i talk bullshit, you can come.

AND STILL THIS IS NO THREAD TO DISCUSS ABOUT VIABILITY OF PROT IN PVP, IT IS ALL ABOUT THE REWARDS THAT PEOPLE SHOULD GET FOR PVP FROM PVP FFS!!

ah, better.

Deleted

And the Combt log says "Blub's Mortal Strike Crits you for 800 Damage (250 blocked)"
    Please post screenshot. If so, you have successfully disproved most prot theorycraft in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Please post screenshot. If so, you have successfully disproved most prot theorycraft in the game.
    nope, that is long known. It happens verry often in PVP.

But nevertheless i gona post a screenshot tonight.

From your host:
    changes are coming to Warriors soon that should allow Arms/Fury warriors to be more viable tanks.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...224116&sid=1#2

It was also said by Blizz that you can tank heroics in season 2 gear. So PvP with prot spec and use season 2 gear to tank. The only other option is to actually raid for PvE gear, so that you can continue raiding into further PvE content.

pretty simple.... prot warriors absolutely suck like hell in arena, why debate about it ?!
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by spockette
    From your host:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...224116&sid=1#2

It was also said by Blizz that you can tank heroics in season 2 gear. So PvP with prot spec and use season 2 gear to tank. The only other option is to actually raid for PvE gear, so that you can continue raiding into further PvE content.
    I find that information strange:
    1. Specs, that are not meant for tanking are getting buffed and therefore more viable for tanking. Why is it than such a big problem to make a spec, that is not meant for DPS, buff into that direction too?
    2. If you already can tank heroics in season 2 gear, why is there such a big problem in making gear for prot warriors, that is also viable for pvping?

I mean... They buff Tanking for non prot specs and say, they can tank with gear that is also viable for their spec but don't give prot warrior gear that is viable for their spec in PVP because you could tank with it??? I don't get it...

Or you could just re-spec MS for arenas and stop pretending the Protection tree is for anything but PVE.

The short answer: Nothing in the prot tree, even with added Shield Block Value, would make prot Warriors anything more than just annoying in an arena setting. To spec into Shield Slam, you give up all the best Arms DPS talents, or Fury talents. You're forced to choose. Arms (MS) /Fury Warriors get the best of both worlds. Gigantic Shield Slam crits are nothing you can rely on, especially with players in 450-500 Resilience. Your white damage would suck horribly, and you couldn't rely on rage. Who is going to attack a Warrior with a shield out for an entire game? Most MS Warriors will start out vs. burn teams this way, but you see them switch to a 2H pretty fast.

"Uh ok. I guess this guy is a prot Warrior. (Laughter in Vent) Just ignore him and switch to the (Insert cloth class)."

Don't say Tank suxx in Arena when you haven't seen a real warrior Prot beat your face with S2/PvE + shield.

All guys who fight in arena against a Protect seems to be like a simple mob, just with an A.I. more important hahaha.

Personnally i'm prot and Arena doesn't affraid me, we win like other teams and we loose, so just one thing Bli² can do on Prot war pvp, just Upgrade our damages on PvP. 8) don't look our white damage just look our PVs and taste all of others tech stunt fear, mute...so you thing against player with 400-500 resi your pyro crit more ? no so tank in 3 or 5 team is often focused first because all can think is useless fight him, he die quickly, you're wrong again, useless you thing so DPS class behind tank know if prot stay up they can beat you again and again and if you want to say our damages suxx focus caster so don't forget the war hit you behind stunt fear...he can kill you too.

Test arena team with a real protect who knows how tank all your enemies, and you see is not useless as you want to think

We must fight them all says prot is useless in Arena, common we show you how we can fight with our shield ;D

..you're not understanding.

No amount of Shield Block Value on arena gear will make a highly rated 5v5 team see you as more than just annoying. If you were part of a 2000+ rated 5v5 team, you'd understand. High level play is about pressure. Who cares if you can Shield Bash with a silence debuff. People respect damage and healing. You wouldn't be able to sustain any damage, and you're nearly impossible to kill. So we would just kill you last and deal with your massive 20-25% crit rating, random/unreliable large Shield Slams, and horrible white damage. Imagine a feral Druid in Bear Form. That's a prot Warrior.

Would your damage output (SUSTAINED) be = to a combat Rogue, even if they added Shield Block Value to arena sets?
    Would your damage output (SUSTAINED) be = to an MS Warrior, even if they added Shield Block Value to arena sets?

The answer to both of those questions is no.