How do you deal with losses :S?

Could anyone please give me tips how not to throw your computer out the window after like 10 losses in arena in a row. Yes I know its just a stupid game but still it makes you go crazy sometimes :/.

Secretive

Re: How do you deal with losses :S?

Well, I'm not on the receiving end of losses too much any more, but I know EXACTLY how you feel, even more so now than before. Especially if you lose to a team that really isn't as "good" as your team is (e.g., warrior/druid losing to mage/rogue). Usually, I stand up and walk around the room a bit, take a drink of water, and just stretch.

Competitive Arena gaming is very, very akin to a "real life" sport. Mock it all you will, I find a 2300-rated Arena match to be very blood-pumping, when a small error means you lose more than just rating, you lose reputation. I play soccer competitively in college when I'm not Arena'ing and such, and I feel almost exactly the same when I lose a soccer match as I do when I lose a crucial Arena match.

Lower-end PvP'ers don't realize that there's a whole other world at the high-end of Arenas full of cross-faction and inter-faction mIRC and vent trash talking, etc.

But the key is to NEVER yell/belittle/berate your team mate. Even if he completely screwed up, like didn't shift out of a Polymorph because he temporarily forgot he was a Druid, or because he wasnt' in Zerker stance and couldn't Bloodrage out of a game-breaking Fear, you never lose your temper with that person.

Getting mad at your partner(s) in Arena only makes the games harder to play.

And that's my advice coming from 2 long seasons of, at times, 2400 rated 5v5 play. Take it for what you will. =)

Listen to incredibly loud metal in my headphones to wash away the pain works tremendously.

It gets harder the higher you go. Usually, the teams you play are of a lower rating, and therefore one loss against a worse team with a better combination sets you back 3-4 games. It can be really frustrating. Usually I deal with it by yelling healthily at my partners about what the hell we need to try to beat them, and how overpowered that matchup is in their favor.

blaming blizzard works for me^^

Secretive

... how overpowered that matchup is in their favor ...
    I don't have much room to talk in that aspect O.o

I will just bitch about warlocks in guild chat since that's basically the only class my team can lose to :P

dont loose? :P

Secretive

vveryone loses sometime, be it due to warlock paper scissors or a random DC, losses do occur, sucky as that is :P

lose with your dignity intact
    Free gold tomorrow!

If it was post 2.2 against 400+ ub shadow resist team i went crazy but now those just happen sometimes and i try to keep myself together even if we lose more than 8 rating