S3 team combos, personal rating reset and rating attainability

I was really wondering how things could work out and how attainable is to an above average skilled player in a team to attain the 1850 rating requirement- given S3 mechanics- to be eligible to purchase S3 Weapon.

For instance, I read that the personal rating requirement is 1850. You start S3 in a team expecting a high rating but performance is below expectations. What happens? You swap to a team with 1.9k rating, your personal rating resets to 1500 right (as you swap teams). At the 1.9k rating interval it must be by far much harder to ahieve a personal rating of 1.9k, or at least would take much longer with a win/lose ratio of 55% (for instance) than having started with the 1.9k rated team from the start (i.e. 1.5k). So I wonder how this could work and be feasible considering that some players may "trial and error" some team compositions considering the "Buffs" or "Nerfs" and/or new abilities that some classes will realise.

Re: S3 team combos, personal rating reset and rating attainability

Well, I've read in blue posts that they said that personal rating will increase using the same formula that team ratings increase. If that's the case, if you join a 1900 rated team, your personal rating resets to 1500. If you beat another 1900 rating team, I'd imagine that your personal rating would receive a bigger increase than your team rating would, due to the wider difference between the two. I've read that there's a rating increase cap out there and I think it was 32. If you lose to a team with a 1900 rating, I'd expect your personal rating to go down much less than your team rating does. I haven't tested this on the PTR yet, but I'm sure we'll be hearing more about how it works in the coming days.

15+ Year Old Account

i still dont see why your personal rating will reset if you switch teams, i mean you could just keep your personal ratign where its at without a decrease or increase as i know many people switch teams quite frequently, however i do see how someone could go to a lower rated team just for easier compitetion to get their personal rating up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcabby
    Well, I've read in blue posts that they said that personal rating will increase using the same formula that team ratings increase. If that's the case, if you join a 1900 rated team, your personal rating resets to 1500. If you beat another 1900 rating team, I'd imagine that your personal rating would receive a bigger increase than your team rating would, due to the wider difference between the two. I've read that there's a rating increase cap out there and I think it was 32. If you lose to a team with a 1900 rating, I'd expect your personal rating to go down much less than your team rating does. I haven't tested this on the PTR yet, but I'm sure we'll be hearing more about how it works in the coming days.
    You got exactly my point and thank you for your anwer I think it is a very important issue which should be explored.

i was hoping that i would have been able to use my epic mage to boost my blue warrior's 2v2 rating at season 3 - but looks like i can't now with this new personal rating
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    i was hoping that i would have been able to use my epic mage to boost my blue warrior's 2v2 rating at season 3 - but looks like i can't now with this new personal rating
    As I think it should be eh? The whole point of having the limits is to make people earn it. Sure, I'd love my druid alt to get a nice 140+ item level weapon and he really needs a shoulder upgrade from those 5 man blues, but I also suck at pvp on my druid, so I get what I deserve, eh?

This personal rating is making me have to take a less casual approach to pvp since I pretty much mainly pvp in a pve spec and really only hover in the 1700's. Since I'd like the crossbow for pvp as well as pve, I'm going to probably have to start spec'ing pvp and learn how to be more effective, which, i think, is a good thing.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

As I think it should be eh? The whole point of having the limits is to make people earn it. Sure, I'd love my druid alt to get a nice 140+ item level weapon and he really needs a shoulder upgrade from those 5 man blues, but I also suck at pvp on my druid, so I get what I deserve, eh?

This personal rating is making me have to take a less casual approach to pvp since I pretty much mainly pvp in a pve spec and really only hover in the 1700's. Since I'd like the crossbow for pvp as well as pve, I'm going to probably have to start spec'ing pvp and learn how to be more effective, which, i think, is a good thing.
    I PvP in a PvE Spec as well for a hunter that means i harm my team far more then i help it. But we have fun from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

You still can. If you invite the warrior to your main team and play 30%, although you might not want that since each time you play with the warrior (which has sub-par gear for arena it seems) you will probably lose the game, and also the rating.

You can't go into the warrior's team every once in a while to boost the rating, thus resetting your mages personal rating though.. which is what I think you meant.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Noc
    You still can. If you invite the warrior to your main team and play 30%, although you might not want that since each time you play with the warrior (which has sub-par gear for arena it seems) you will probably lose the game, and also the rating.

You can't go into the warrior's team every once in a while to boost the rating, thus resetting your mages personal rating though.. which is what I think you meant.
    Pretty sure this will not work, at least as far as personal rating goes. Personal rating is only raised/lowered based on games that that character played. Hence, if the warrior played 30% (and loses every game), and then the rest of the team played the other 70% and won every time, the wins would not increase the warriors personal rating, because he did not play in them.

If you were only talking about team rating, never mind

You'll still be able to boost your raiting and get more arena points. You just won't be able to buy shoulders or weapons with those points..

I believe this has to be the case. It makes the most sense and wouldn't harm a 1900 player switching to a new team nearly as much.. A person could get from 1500 to 1850 fairly easy. Can't belive I didn't think of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghash
    Pretty sure this will not work, at least as far as personal rating goes. Personal rating is only raised/lowered based on games that that character played. Hence, if the warrior played 30% (and loses every game), and then the rest of the team played the other 70% and won every time, the wins would not increase the warriors personal rating, because he did not play in them.

If you were only talking about team rating, never mind
    As far as I've heard you're still going to get your points from your team raiting. Your personal raiting will only matter when trying to buy the Shoulders and Weapons.

I think good 5v5 teams will still have a market to sell a spot or two on their team to get people's personal ratings up. I've seen videos of 3 guys in full merciless going in and beating other 5v5 teams in the 1500-1600 range. I'm sure 4 really good PVP'rs with one scrub could probably get the scrub's rating up pretty quickly.