Help with Mage UI

Hey guys, im new to this forrum, and it seems very interesting !
    Id like to know if there are any good addons for mages in arena.

Atm im using pretty much blizzards ui, and i only have proximo, but i watched a video yesterday with a mage, and the casting spells of the opposing healers came up on his screen, and he could use CS without targeting them !! what addon is that ?

Also, i used perl for getting the box with my hp in the midle to the bottom of my screen, so i know when to IB. Other than that i dont rly use many stuff, so if anyone has anything to propose, shoot !

Cya guys !

Re: Help with Mage UI

Quartz, Pitbull, and a macro.
    I reviewed both on pvpscene.com, which is down atm.

A link to the video might help with us identifying the addons being used.

But a popular addon is Natur Enemy Castbar. Shows the opponents casts, and the duration of debuffs etc.

To silence someone that you haven't targetted is a macro.

i use a focus macro and quartz

Hey guys, thx for the responces, here is the video

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=48138

You can see at 2:20 , he is targeting the warlock, yet he silences the druid

Is that a macro or and addon ? also you can see the druids casts on his screen, so when he casts cyclone/heal he uses CS easy.

Thx for the help !

Clockwork

It's basically done by what's called a "focus" macro. You set someone to your focus target (by typing /focus, this is usually a healer). Also note some unitframe addons will show your focus as a seperate unit frame, so you can see their hp etc.

Anyway, to get counterspell to cast on whoever your focus is set to, if my memory serves, is this:

/cast [target=focus] Counterspell

Hope that helped, but was a bit brief.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork
    It's basically done by what's called a "focus" macro. You set someone to your focus target (by typing /focus, this is usually a healer). Also note some unitframe addons will show your focus as a seperate unit frame, so you can see their hp etc.

Anyway, to get counterspell to cast on whoever your focus is set to, if my memory serves, is this:

/cast [target=focus] Counterspell

Hope that helped, but was a bit brief.
    thx for the help man. Any chance i can get an addon to show me the focus targets cast bar ?

ciao

Quote Originally Posted by demise
    thx for the help man. Any chance i can get an addon to show me the focus targets cast bar ?

ciao
    I answered that in the first reply.
    Quartz.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    I answered that in the first reply.
    Quartz.
    thx bro !!