Page 1 of 2
LastLast

/Sigh 128 mbs memory usage

Well my ui is nearly complete, the layout was inspired by caths, but is hogging all my memory. My fps drops to -10 every once in a while. and when im raiding my screen will freeze for 5+ every couple minutes.

with my untrained eyes i dont see anything real bad, other than ace2 sometimes jumps up to 10mbs. I just ran wow updater last night, and i dont run anything in the background.

Ive got a above avg computer, evga 7900gt,32.8 ghz Intel pet d 804 dul core, and 2 gigs of ram. Beside the inevitable "disable half your addons" and suggestions? help pls

Re: /Sigh 128 mbs memory usage

100 mb!! omg, you run too much addons man. try posting a list of addons if you want us to help you.

wowow, yea thats really high
    Free gold tomorrow!

Definitely post your addons if you can, but one thing I can suspect that is happening is that you have all of your libraries embedded.

Read this post and follow the instructions.
    http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=8542.0

If you have tons of bloat in an Ace addon you can see which one it is.

far enough:

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Are you really sure you need all those addons? :O

Nice UI though.

Edit; Hmm, dunno, you don't have THAT many tbh.

What are those numbers in the action bars?

Like for you fireball icon, it has 2664, ice lance has 334 etc. What are those numbers, or what do they represent?

Quote Originally Posted by dankz
    far enough:

first, drop recount. use violation or swstats. recount is a damn huge memory hog.
    Visualtheme is uneeded too. can look nice but seing the memory problem you have, you might just drop it.

start with this. im pretty sure removing recount will help a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    What are those numbers in the action bars?

Like for you fireball icon, it has 2664, ice lance has 334 etc. What are those numbers, or what do they represent?

DrDamage - Average dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfury
    first, drop recount. use violation or swstats. recount is a damn huge memory hog.
    Visualtheme is uneeded too. can look nice but seing the memory problem you have, you might just drop it.

start with this. im pretty sure removing recount will help a LOT.
    yep, i already disabled it 2 days ago, just didnt take it out yet.

recount is the best (dps/dmg/heal/hot/dot/active/fps/latency/deaths/bandwich.. etc)meter sofar.. it's a very powerfull addon, but unfortunatly, power takes power.
    so my advice, only activate it when you want to measure stuff.. for some other addons, like..

Cartographer & Gatherer? can't cartographer take over gatherers work?
    Stubby & NECB? NECB can do the same I think :P
    BigWigs & Deadlyboss mod?! lol

and all those small stuff like SCT (can be replaced by the ingame default one imo)
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Xinzo
    recount is the best (dps/dmg/heal/hot/dot/active/fps/latency/deaths/bandwich.. etc)meter sofar.. it's a very powerfull addon, but unfortunatly, power takes power.
    so my advice, only activate it when you want to measure stuff.. for some other addons, like..

Cartographer & Gatherer? can't cartographer take over gatherers work?
    Stubby & NECB? NECB can do the same I think :P
    BigWigs & Deadlyboss mod?! lol

and all those small stuff like SCT (can be replaced by the ingame default one imo)

Cartographer & Gatherer? can't cartographer take over gatherers work? no cartographer is a map addon map that does stuff like atlas, and gatherer marks herb and mine locations. both of which i only use on my flower picking alt

Stubby & NECB? NECB can do the same I think :P No, stubby is a dependency and tool of auctioneer, NECB are castbars and timers
    BigWigs & Deadlyboss mod?! lol, yeah this is silly, but talk to my guild leader, he insist we have both. I mainly use bigwigs, and keep dbm turn off for most fight. but agian they dont load until you nouseover that boss. so i don think these are the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Ohi
    Definitely post your addons if you can, but one thing I can suspect that is happening is that you have all of your libraries embedded.

Read this post and follow the instructions.
    http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=8542.0

If you have tons of bloat in an Ace addon you can see which one it is.
    Thank you for the info, i did it, and well see how these go at teh raid tonihght

Ive got a above avg computer, evga 7900gt,32.8 ghz Intel
    I don't see your problem, maybe you should try it with 20 GB Ram.

Get OmniCC for cooldowns. Onebag for your bags. BigWigs for boss mods. FuBars take up a LOT of memory. Think about removing some. EzDismount you need for...? AltClick to add item will be obsolete in 2.3. Mik's Scrolling Battle Text for SCT. Remove all enemy castbars, debuffs etc. and get their Pitbull equivalent. Outfitter for ClosetGnome. MobInfo takes up a LOT of memory. I suggest you only leave MobHealth. Gatherer and Cartographer_GathererPack u use for..? You should really visit wowace.com and just grab a couple things.

Cartographer & Gatherer? can't cartographer take over gatherers work? no cartographer is a map addon map that does stuff like atlas, and gatherer marks herb and mine locations. both of which i only use on my flower picking alt
    There is a Cartographer database with herbs from Wowhead. Get it and drop Gatherer.

http://files.wowace.com/Cartographer..._Herbalism.zip

* Cartographer can apparently show loot aswell with some addon and thus remove atlasloot, saving a few megs.

* EzDismount isnt needed anymore, the functionality is built in now.

* Align is only needed when you make the ui, not when its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenhord
    * Cartographer can apparently show loot aswell with some addon and thus remove atlasloot, saving a few megs.
    Hmm, elaborate please.

I have both Cartographer and Atlasloot, and I'd be very happy to get rid of Atlasloot if I could.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Hmm, elaborate please.

I have both Cartographer and Atlasloot, and I'd be very happy to get rid of Atlasloot if I could.
    Erm.... what's there to elaborate? Get the addon, load the game, open the map, choose an instance, click the boss.

I'd rather remove the InstanceLoot from Cartographer and use the standalone of AtlasLoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuz
    I'd rather remove the InstanceLoot from Cartographer and use the standalone of AtlasLoot.
    I second that.