Poll: 4 parts set bonus useless ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Mage Regalia Season 3

=)

Re: Mage Regalia Season 3

from an arena point of view- i use polymorph all the time and blink is something i rarely use because it's too mana consuming, especially if you are to use it every 13 seconds, -2 sec blink is only better in 1v1 against some classes. but overall tbh they are both really shit set bonuses compared to what other classes have
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

I like the new bonus more. Especially together with the new bonus on gloves CCing will be nicer...

But Frosty is right, both are shit in comparison.

Lets just face it.. Blizzard hate mages.. :P
    I dont know if im the only one.. But I think the new set looks like !@%& !!!! oO
    - I ate a mojo once... Tasted of chicken

15+ Year Old Account

haha the new set indeed does look pretty crappy imo, i mean whats up with mages having red and blue arena sets, i mean jesus...but yeh poly is definatly more viable for hardcore arena mages...

Nice topic on the set bonus for US at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...66567916&sid=1

I don't like .15 off, it is pretty useless. Looking for something to help with out mana problems or something to help us in 2s. After 2.3 we will be at last place.

What I miss is the +5 yard range on the gloves for fire blast. That is a huge advantage in battlegrounds.

50% to ignore interruption on polymorph is excellent. But yeah, the -0.15 secs off poly is pretty lame.

They should do something like the old level 60 PvP set had as a 4 set bonus.

- Your mana shields absorbs an extra XXX damage.

Along with that, improve it making that extra absorption not cost mana when getting attacked.

Something along those lines are better imo.

i wouldnt go as far to say blizz hate mages... i find that frost mages are perfectly balanced in pvp, but they are limited to what rating they can go past in 2v2 and 3v3, to about 2.2k - you would never see a mage in 2v2 + 3v3 past 2.2k because of the pole hugging and mana problems, but there are other classes you would rarely see past 2.2k too, like shamans and paladins and other certain specs of classes
    But overall i am pleased with the amount of burst damage a frost mage can do, and survivability + crowd control are also a positive factor
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    50% to ignore interruption on polymorph is excellent. But yeah, the -0.15 secs off poly is pretty lame.

They should do something like the old level 60 PvP set had as a 4 set bonus.

- Your mana shields absorbs an extra XXX damage.

Along with that, improve it making that extra absorption not cost mana when getting attacked.

Something along those lines are better imo.
    Who in their right mind would use Mana Shield in Arena? Can you say OOM!?

Anyway, the new change is still shit but much better than the two seconds off Blink cooldown. I'm to the point where I really don't care anymore though. I don't think Blizzard is out to get Mages, I just don't think they understand the class and how you must play the class.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    i wouldnt go as far to say blizz hate mages... i find that frost mages are perfectly balanced in pvp, but they are limited to what rating they can go past in 2v2 and 3v3, to about 2.2k - you would never see a mage in 2v2 + 3v3 past 2.2k because of the pole hugging and mana problems, but there are other classes you would rarely see past 2.2k too, like shamans and paladins and other certain specs of classes
    But overall i am pleased with the amount of burst damage a frost mage can do, and survivability + crowd control are also a positive factor
    http://vhairi.blogspot.com/
    Imagine where mages are going to be on that 2v2 graph in 2.3. Now that hunters are getting buffed...lol.

Kinda wish it was -.20 seconds off sheep like the warlocks fear.

Either way I'll used this, I never got the full benefit of the blink bonus.

I like the glove bonus overall too especially when a hunter or warlock pet is on me, but will admit that losing range on fire blast is going to hurt me a bit in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorp
    Well I use mana shield if ice barrier is on cooldown. Better off losing mana than losing health.

And if they made the bonus only for ice barrier, that wouldn't be fair to those who want to play as something other than frost spec in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSimtang
    Well I use mana shield if ice barrier is on cooldown. Better off losing mana than losing health.

And if they made the bonus only for ice barrier, that wouldn't be fair to those who want to play as something other than frost spec in arena.
    Not if you are playing with a healer.

If ice barrier had a bonus oh well. Maybe a set with a frost bonus, and a set with a more general bonus? I mean, frost vs fire, how many people are fire in top end arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorp
    OOM > OOH :P
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Not if you are playing with a healer.

If ice barrier had a bonus oh well. Maybe a set with a frost bonus, and a set with a more general bonus? I mean, frost vs fire, how many people are fire in top end arenas.
    Well I play 2v2 mostly and don't have a healer with me.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    from an arena point of view- i use polymorph all the time and blink is something i rarely use because it's too mana consuming, especially if you are to use it every 13 seconds, -2 sec blink is only better in 1v1 against some classes. but overall tbh they are both really shit set bonuses compared to what other classes have
    The boomkin set bonus is just as shit...

The 2 others, now that's actually nice...