stay BS: deepthunder or go enchant for +20 healing rings for pvp!

hey guys. ok i am thowing out some ideas out for 2v2 arena 2.3 patch.

i originally wanted to go enhancement with dragonmaw and runic hammer.

fortunately i have found better success with resto spec atm. now with the new

patch 2.3 with shamans able to use 2 handers, i crafted a thunder mace. now this

question is for pvp arena. lets say my partner was killed and the opposing teams

partner is killed. so it 1 v 1. wat would be better for me dps wise. 2 handed

deepthunder or arena resto shield + resto mace and hope that i can shock them to

death.

If i use the shield + 1 hander then ill just drop Blacksmithing and get enchanting for

+20 healing to my rings.

any input is greatly appreciated.

Re: stay BS: deepthunder or go enchant for +20 healing rings for pvp!

Personally I'd stay with the shield and resto mace since you'll gain a decent amount of spell damage from it when the patch comes to (as you put it) "hopefully shock them to death".

Re: stay BS: deepthunder or go enchant for +20 healing rings for pvp!

A resto mace and resto shield won't make you a good healer. You'd gain maybe 300-500 +healing, depending on how good your resto gear is. That's not enough to make a really big difference in your heals. You'll already be getting a decent amount of spell damage and healing from your AP anyway (I forget the name of the new talent that will allow this).

Unless you're frost shock kiting a warrior you'll just want to stick with either deep thunder or a good melee DPS 1h with a shield. Against any other class, between healing and shocking, you'd go OOM before you had a chance to take him down.