Thread: Progression?

Progression?

I'm here to find out if this is logical to anyone else. My guild is currently working on Leo, have him at 35% atm. We have VR down in TK, and with a few days of attempts each, we got Alar to 30% p2 and solarian to 40%. Not too bad for just showin up to them I think. However certain officers have said we're only going to run SSC till Vashj dies in the name of progression. To me, this seems bass ackwards by skipping the easy loot and headin straight into the headache which is Vashj. Any ideas if this is a sound idea?

Re: Progression?

A lot of guilds run SSC and TK all the way to the endbosses and farm loot 'till they can actually stand a chance. But trying to take Vashj isn't really that much of a waste.

I choose the first one though.

We have had all the 5 bosses in SSC on farm for the past 1-2 months as well as VR. The past month though, we did the same thing your talking about. Officers said no TK till SSC cleared. Chance the VR maybe in the week, or an Al'ar kill here or there, since he was on farm first. But, after 4 weeks, we finally downed vashj. Its more of the officers trying to get a single hard fight into your head instead of 2-3 newer ones. and temping you to get it done so your cpould move on.
    Now the second week we get our 2nd vashj kill, and toinight, were blowing into TK to kill all cept keal (maybe a peek)
    So doint thnk of it as them trying to cockblock the loot, but more to have you concentrate on a signle fight to get it out of the way

Deleted

Your best bet is to identify a "progression route" of bosses. Yes, you want to be working on one new boss at a time, rather than multiple ones, but it doesn't mean that the "next boss" has to be the same instance. After all, it takes about 5 mins to switch instance, if you're prepared.

In my experience, Voidreaver, Al'ar and Solarian are significantly easier than some SSC bosses, so you might want to include them on your list ahead of Vashj.

I agree that trying to down multiple bosses at once is a bit ... awkward. Work on one at a time.

In my guild, we've done considerably good the last couple of months, and it is now time for Vashj

We went - VR --> Lurker --> Hydross --> Moro --> Kara --> Leo and a ninja-pull on the Lady with this resulting in getting to phase 2 Today we downed Al'ar and from tomorrow in the next week-two-three we'll be working on Vashj exclusively just to get the fight straight. For me it's better to get the hard fights that you need to do no matter what out of the way, so to keep progressing
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

thx for the replies, I skipped the wow boards to dodge the lol @ your terribad armory and the like. So far I really like these boards when I need a Q answered. I just think gearing up from the "easy" bosses would give us a little less to worry about when we really get our $h!t together for a boss that makes us earn the loot.

In my past guilds, we usually went for 5/6 SSC and 1/4 TK before working on vashj.
    It's helpful to have a nice 1-2 weeks, perhaps 3 of farming the first 5 SSC bosses as well as a couple in TK. Solarian and VR are pretty much blowoffs, Al'ar does need a couple days work though. I suggest getting everyone geared, killing vashj while clearing a bit of TK weekly, and move on through TK. From my experience, once you have Vashj down you can blow through SSC in two days, and 3/4 TK in one. (If you're working on Kael, of course.)

Hope I helped.
    Iyos (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Iyos) - 70 NE Druid (Feral)

Imo, VR, Al'ar and Solarian is easier than any of the SSC bosses. Their loot is soso, but after the patch where they drop 3 pieces each now I think it's worth to consider farming them before Vashj.
    Vashj is a crappy boss, with some real luckelements (She is harder than Kael and some MH/BT bosses when you have them on farm). Get your vials and get out of that instance