Azgalor, resist?

I got a question about Azgalor strategies. If there is someone who can considered if shadow resist is needed for healers on this boss and how hard is this encounter. What are the main problems there, and what can help us there.. thx.

Re: Azgalor, resist?

SR gear is overrated, but Shadow Protection buff is nice.
    Have hots on mt when silence is inc.
    Have soulstone rotation on Doomed targets.
    Ranged > Melee here.
    Gimper 70 Warlock Stormscale-EU 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
    Terina 70 Druid Stormscale-EU Watch out Cyclone

thx a lot
    Downed in 4 try. So heading for Archimond tonight...
    Some tips there?

P.S: is hyjal nerfed a bit after patch 2.3 or we got just a better luck?

You'll get better rep... :]

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Shadow Gear is not overrated.

Anyways by this point you should have your SR200 set. All of our Healers run with SR200, our melee Run with FR Gear made this fight vary trivial at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

nuke him from maxed range. put melee on doomguards
    no sr, no enrage timer...
    gg

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

SR and FR gear is very effective in 2-3 fights in Hyjal (2,3,4), and should definately be used. It makes the fights a LOT easier.

I always use full SR gear in the 2nd and 3rd fight, its makes a world of difference!
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Just have your healers use the BT attunment neck + 1/2 crafted parts.

does anyone know if you can out range the RoF? was told it was 35 yards but no strat i have read says anything about a range just says get out of it if hit.

Have everyone stay at max range. Once we started doing that, things became much easier. Apparently the RoF does have a max range, so most of your casters can out range it (mind flay of course is the exception). This fight became a joke once we started with this strat:

Melee on the doomguards. Should only need 1 tank if your melee work fast enough on them.
    Casters at max range. Assign a healer for your shadow priests, to top them off in case they get a RoF. That healer can also MT heal, since healing the s-priests should not be much of a challenge.
    A shaman and pally should be able to keep the melee and D.G. tanks up, but a 3rd healer makes that easy. All the other healers can MT heal, and just put all HoT's on before a silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozikk
    Have everyone stay at max range. Once we started doing that, things became much easier. Apparently the RoF does have a max range, so most of your casters can out range it (mind flay of course is the exception). This fight became a joke once we started with this strat:

Melee on the doomguards. Should only need 1 tank if your melee work fast enough on them.
    Casters at max range. Assign a healer for your shadow priests, to top them off in case they get a RoF. That healer can also MT heal, since healing the s-priests should not be much of a challenge.
    A shaman and pally should be able to keep the melee and D.G. tanks up, but a 3rd healer makes that easy. All the other healers can MT heal, and just put all HoT's on before a silence.
    about the melee on doomguards. its not needed at all, only thing you need to make sure off is - save the "adds" near Thrall. if you are able to keep those 6 guards up during the waves... the doomguards get zerged by Thrall and his friends. wich means more dps for boss - only need to have some nice healing, fast reactions of melees so they wont die after all :P

On my FK we actually only had melee with some FR.. since they died of rain of fire but its not needed.
    I prefer to use SR neck/cloak/belt its not needed if you got 4/5 priests and druids in total with you (im a holy priest)