Heroic Tanking chest [Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian]

Do u think the [item=33522]
    is worth picking up for a warrior? I've not had the chest from nightbane drop and we never have the right classes on to get the T4 one. We've started ZA so was looking to upgrade my chest which is S2 arena chest hardly ideal but has nice stam and armour on it. Is it worth replacing with Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian?

Re: Heroic Tanking chest [Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian]

I think it is bad idea to spent 75 badges for paladin gear. I dont know what you have atm... but keep trying Nightbane for Panzathar. Mine dropped from 11th kill. Better buy neck and bracers with expertise, I found that a really worth stat.

tbh s2 chest is nice for tanking if u have enough defense etc elsewhere, it adds nicely to threat gen with the crit + hit . not to mention awsome stam and armor

Deleted

A warrior tank chest drops from zuljin i believe, so just wait for that, the badges one is insane (2% dodge and LOADS of stam) but the spell damage is a waste for you, so go for a warrior chest if you can

I've been raiding kara since the start of the new expansion...that chest has only ever dropped once in the guild. That chest and the pocket watch are the bain of my raidin life.As for defence have 510 so maybe should look at upgrading something else then

Probably not the best idea to get that chest. There must be something more worthwhile and easier to get. Any decent non-armorsmith crafted pieces?

get zul jins chest and go for 8 defense 8 dodge rating and 12 stam sockets. its nearly exactly the same stats as t5 / azgalor chest

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

I recommend that you keep trying for Nightbane's. Its an amazing piece once chanted and socketed and even though the Stoic/badge chest has a couple of stats that I admit are tempting (mmm STA and dodge rating) the chest from Nightbane is better overall for us warrior types.

It does seem to be a low% drop though, took me 14 kills on Nightbane to see it.. but when it drops, guess who flipped off her chair whooping and holloring?

*points to self*

[item=28597] is worst.

Get that paladin chest if you can get the badges and no other stuff upgrades you, like bracer or neck.

Dodge is nice for bosses. Nightbane's chest is better for trash, to quickly build threat. I would pick it up if you have the badges.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kozikk
    Dodge is nice for bosses. Nightbane's chest is better for trash, to quickly build threat. I would pick it up if you have the badges.
    Not always. Too much avoidance and you risk being rage starved.. especially when fighting things who parry/dodge/block or otherwise avoid a lot of your attacks (like bosses and some high level trash). You'll find that you aren't getting much rage from damage done, nor from being hit, if your avoidance is too high. So you find yourself sweating bullets, wondering when dps is going to pull, and have Nightbane or Prince/whoever chewing through the group.

I was, and still am, one of the biggest proponents of Dodge rating.. I have a set I can equip via Itemrack that puts me over 31%. I found that useful in fights with tons of burst damage, like phase 2 of Prince, but in other fights I often had less rage than desired. Lately though I have switched to more of a high STA/Block rating build and find myself almost perpetually at full rage because I am constantly soaking (and blocking) damage. I found this has increased my survivability in many situations.

Avoidance tanking is generally less useful in 25 man content anyhow. If you are a tank in Gruuls or SSC you are going to get bombarded with heals nonstop (assuming nothing kills them) so its better to have tons of STA in place to eat the damage and tons of block helps keep Crushing Blows off the table than to *hope* you dodge or parry a 9-10k damage hit.

Don't misunderstand me.. Dodge is EXTREMELY nice to have in high amounts. But the deeper you go into endgame, the more situational it becomes. When I get everything I want from badges that is 100% upgrades for me (only 1 or 2 things left now I think) I will probably get the Stoic Guardian chest for my dodge set. It has high armor, STA, dodge rating and sockets.. the only thing that makes it a 'pally' chest really is the +healing. With my current playstyle though, I would still wear the Pan'zar chest from Nightbane in most fights/situations.

Good luck with it in any case. Any tank would be lucky to have either really!