Improved Mortal Strike- Clarification needed

Mortal Strike rank 6 deals weapon damage +300.

If you take improved Mortal Strike you increase ONLY the 300 damage i.e 300+5%= 315 or the entire weapon damage i.e. if you make base damage of 800 + 300 from MS =1100 and adding 5% from Improved MS= Total Weapon damage with Improved MS 1155 (1100+5%)?

Could someone clarify this?

Thank you.

Re: Improved Mortal Strike- Clarification needed

It's 105% of the unimproved MS damage. It does apply both to the bonus damage AND weapon damage part.

This is not something I heard somewhere or I think sounds sensible but I tested it myself. (In WoW 2.2 though)

Quote Originally Posted by lithander
    It's 105% of the unimproved MS damage. It does NOT only apply to the bonus damage but to also the weapon damage part.

This is not something I heard somewhere or I think sounds sensible but I tested it myself. (In WoW 2.2 though)
    Then its worth taking it for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Then its worth taking it for sure
    If you want to deal high sustained damage in PvP with a 2 hander this is the way to go imo. Also pickup Endless Rage because the 2 MS / 1 WW cycle consumes more rage.

The Improved Slam path is still valid but more suited for a PvE then a PvP environment and it needs some pretty kick ass gear and raidbuffs to be effective.

If you want to deal high sustained damage in PvP with a 2 hander this is the way to go imo. Also pickup Endless Rage because the 2 MS / 1 WW cycle consumes more rage.

The Improved Slam path is still valid but more suited for a PvE then a PvP environment and it needs some pretty kick ass gear and raidbuffs to be effective.
    To the expense of Enrage I mean as you need 3 in TM.You are not enraged that much under an arena situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    To the expense of Enrage I mean as you need 3 in TM.You are not enraged that much under an arena situation.
    I would agree... most of the time when I'm getting crits I'm the focus target and then I usually go turtle mode with a shield out. Depends on the format you play I guess.

As for TM I've always felt it's a must-have talent and it's value only improved since last patch. I find myself in the need to shift into def stance for Intervene, Shield Reflection or Disarm quite often and all of these are instantly available with TM. Another situation where I love having TM is when you get to leave combat in zerker stance and get to (improved) charge.

I would agree... most of the time when I'm getting crits I'm the focus target and then I usually go turtle mode with a shield out. Depends on the format you play I guess.

As for TM I've always felt it's a must-have talent and it's value only improved since last patch. I find myself in the need to shift into def stance for Intervene, Shield Reflection or Disarm quite often and all of these are instantly available with TM. Another situation where I love having TM is when you get to leave combat in zerker stance and get to (improved) charge.
    44/14/3 would be anice build with 5/5 2H, 2/2 BF, 3/3 IH etc

Or you go 45/5/11 to pickup TM, Last Stand and Improved Bloodrage from the Prot tree. (And 10% more armor or some such) I really love Last Stand!

Well, the talent choice got a lot more interesting last patch!^^

Or you go 45/5/11 to pickup TM, Last Stand and Improved Bloodrage from the Prot tree. (And 10% more armor or some such) I really love Last Stand!

Well, the talent choice got a lot more interesting last patch!^^
    It is but I would NEVER remove PH as it is THE PvP Talent.

Giving up Enrage is plain stupid. Chances of you getting crit are extremely high and 25% +damage is not something to pass up on. If you really want imp MS you could always go 41/20/0.

Quote Originally Posted by omglazor
    Giving up Enrage is plain stupid. Chances of you getting crit are extremely high and 25% +damage is not something to pass up on. If you really want imp MS you could always go 41/20/0.
    In BGs and solo yes Enrage procs a lot but not in arena. Well if u wanna get at least some enrage (2 points) you may remove 3 from IH