Enhancement Shaman / Warrior 2v2

What do you guys think of this as a heavy burn team? With the idea of popping BL & any other long cooldowns and insta-gibbing the opposition healer or for other burn teams, the heavier damage dealer? I haven't had any experience with this setup in Arena, but have been thinking about it recently, and am trying to figure out why I see so few teams consisting of this combination.

There is the potential for 40% more DPS to be squeezed out of both in Melee range, with BL being active and the 10% AP bonus every time the Shaman Crits, and there isn't really a shortage of interrupts with pummel / fear / shock. The Warrior has the functionality of keeping people in combat with Intercept and hamstrings to keep them close, as does the Shaman with FS & Earthbind.

Along with WF totem etc, I can imagine this being quite a tough team to come up against if they get a good start off (Shaman Crit, pop BL & Warrior hits a WF, or something similar.)

The only issues that I can think of is the fragility of the Shaman, a clever team would beat the living daylights out of a Enhancement shaman very quickly, so perhaps a Shaman with minimal points in Resto, say up to NS? And of course, there is no curse or magic dispel, but the shaman can drop totems to clear up Poisons etc. So more then likely, this team is going to have trouble with teams that consist of Lock/** because the DoT's will just eat through both teammates before you can down the Lock or his partner.

What other problems might there be that I haven't thought of yet? (I know there are other problems with this setup, I just can't be bothered thinking of them all by myself.)

So far I have:
    - Shaman Fragility
    - No dispels (save for Poison / Disease)
    - Vulnerable to dispels of BL & Shamanistic Rage (spl?)
    - No CC (Thanks Merin)

Thanks for any input.

Desklamp

Re: Enhancement Shaman / Warrior 2v2

No CC and easily CC'd.

Snap, add that to the list :S.

Desklamp

That's going to be your main drawback. Without the ability to CC properly you're going to be hampered against teams with exceptional cc (frost mages especially). And with the warriors main interrupt being melee range only, it's going to be hard to lock down a healer long enough to kill his partner.

With good teamwork you could get 1600-1700 but I wouldn't see you going any higher.

Yeah, I've been talking to my mate about it all, and we've come to the conclusion that a Burn team would only be possible with a Caster combo, something like SPriest/ SL/SL Lock, as they have healing ability and compliment one another's damage type so well.

Desklamp

Quote Originally Posted by Desklamp
    What do you guys think of this as a heavy burn team? With the idea of popping BL & any other long cooldowns and insta-gibbing the opposition healer or for other burn teams, the heavier damage dealer? I haven't had any experience with this setup in Arena, but have been thinking about it recently, and am trying to figure out why I see so few teams consisting of this combination.

There is the potential for 40% more DPS to be squeezed out of both in Melee range, with BL being active and the 10% AP bonus every time the Shaman Crits, and there isn't really a shortage of interrupts with pummel / fear / shock. The Warrior has the functionality of keeping people in combat with Intercept and hamstrings to keep them close, as does the Shaman with FS & Earthbind.

Along with WF totem etc, I can imagine this being quite a tough team to come up against if they get a good start off (Shaman Crit, pop BL & Warrior hits a WF, or something similar.)

The only issues that I can think of is the fragility of the Shaman, a clever team would beat the living daylights out of a Enhancement shaman very quickly, so perhaps a Shaman with minimal points in Resto, say up to NS? And of course, there is no curse or magic dispel, but the shaman can drop totems to clear up Poisons etc. So more then likely, this team is going to have trouble with teams that consist of Lock/** because the DoT's will just eat through both teammates before you can down the Lock or his partner.

What other problems might there be that I haven't thought of yet? (I know there are other problems with this setup, I just can't be bothered thinking of them all by myself.)

So far I have:
    - Shaman Fragility
    - No dispels (save for Poison / Disease)
    - Vulnerable to dispels of BL & Shamanistic Rage (spl?)
    - No CC (Thanks Merin)

Thanks for any input.

Desklamp

- Slim to no healing
    - Run into any healing team and your dead [no cc]
    - The fact that you both can be easily contained against a mage or a druid team
    - You can destroy stuff but you cannot out dps the heals from a paladin / druid / priest / shaman..
    - Insta - death ...

Quote Originally Posted by PyroxXx1040
    - [...] you cannot out dps the heals from a paladin / druid / priest / shaman..
    Easily can with pummel, earth shock, fear and lucky mace stuns. Atleast the priests and shamans.

But yeah, like said before I think this team is very vurnable to mages,druids,warlocks. And always the same problem with burst team is that if your starting burst fails and they outlast it, you are dead.

Warlock and paladin gogo. The best combo I have ever seen..

I think we'll end up with a team something like that yeah, Pally & Caster Damage or something. We'll see, I'll talk to my mate to see what he wants to do about it and then get stuck into levelling.

Desklamp

played properly and geared incredibly well it could work, however smart teams would find a way to counter it (cc).

the amount of dps a shaman puts out with stormherald is pretty amazing, giving wf to both classes and the fear/ES to interrupt casting would be nice. ele/resto shaman and warrior is a very viable 2v2 team currently, as it solves the issues that most pally/warrior combos have (druids and priests), ie nerf purge.

played deceptively, as in the shaman starts with shield and 1h'er, you could possibly get a jump on the other team, but even that will get old quickly. if a shaman is with a warrior, its going to be resto or ele. resto was most popular in s2, however with the ele changes most shamans are electing to do that in s3.

Seems like anything with a Rogue or Mage would cause serious, serious problems for your team.

A better option for your partner would be Rogue if you ask me.

~Duelist Blitzlunar
    ~Duelist Blitzlunar of Nazjatar. Proud QQ'er of the Almost-Gladiator Club (75 Rating or less)

warrior + enhancement shaman has no future, what are you supposed to do against frost nova's, sheep, and no cc means that any team with a paladin will own you, nothing to dispel cc except trinket and tremor totem means that mages will own you, rogue + healer could own you, warlock teams could own you if someone destroys tremor totem, but if not, then they will just "beat" you, in my opinion it won't work xD
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

I agree with Frosty on this one.

~Duelist Blitzlunar
    ~Duelist Blitzlunar of Nazjatar. Proud QQ'er of the Almost-Gladiator Club (75 Rating or less)

Quote Originally Posted by Xrahi
    Warlock and paladin gogo. The best combo I have ever seen..
    Paladins are joke in 2vs2.... Never lost to one unless it has t6 with insane mp5 with sl/sl lock which is mostly a mana drain fight for us. Warlock, priest

Paladins definitely had their hey-day in Season 1, but in Season 2 and definitely Season 3, they're all but gone.

Paladin/Warlock still is somewhat viable... But nothing compared to Druid/Warlock. I don't really consider Priest/Warlock to be much better than Paladin/Warlock, though. My Rogue and I never lost to Priest/Warlock in our 3 week rush to Duelist (narrowly missing Gladiator, sucked) but Paladin/Warlock was a little better at out-last. Druid/Warlock was just nasty.

~Duelist Blitzlunar