Need help beating warrior/druid 2v2!!

Hello,

My name is Starsprophet (rouge/Earthen Ring). My partner for 2v2 is a resto druid. We were able to do ok last season reaching around 1900 rating by the end of the last season (only played for about a month before that), and couldn't get higher due to a lack of better gear on both of our parts. So far this season we have done fairly well bouncing between 1680-1700 rating thus far. As most of you know it is fairly competitive right at the begging of the season and we have been facing and beating gladiator teams on our way up to 1700. The one team we really have trouble beating with our rogue/druid combo is warrior/druid. I have tried a few strategies to beat this combo and i am looking for new ideas. I have tried killing the warrior but it is nearly impossible to do based on abolish poison from the druid. I have tried forcing the druid to repeatedly shape shift to burn mana but this hasn't worked well either. I find it nearly imposible to kill the druid because of hamstring/imp hamstring/shape shift removal of my poisons. The only thing that i am thinking could work is killing the druid, but i have to get the opener to throw the druid and the warrior off of their game. This would give me the ability to stun the druid and get off some damage as well as allow the druid to cc the warrior and attempt to keep him off of me, but this method is fairly hard to pull of based on map variation and other factors.

Finally, does anyone think my aforementioned idea would work? And if it won't, does anyone know any tricks to beating this team that i haven't figured out?

Thanks a lot,

Stars

Re: Need help beating warrior/druid 2v2!!

Warrior/Dru is a really tricky combo to combat. Generally, it's a case of outlasting the Healers mana pool, you have to beat down what ever you can, to get the healer burning through his mana, then, make sure that you're keeping him in combat so that he can't sit down to drink etc. You also have to consider when the enemy Druid is going to pop his Innervate, because you have to be ready to burn as much as you can to keep him using his mana, so that he doesn't end up with more then he started with.

But yeah, Rogue/Dru is capable of getting this team, provided that you're using all the available tools, that is, LoS the warrior away from the druid, Cycloning at the appropriate times, keeping both enemies in combat etc.

Desklamp

I was playing a Moonkin rogue combo last season, we were facing warrior Druid quite often as a combo.

Key to winning this is in my eyes to force the druid to shapeshift and then sleep him on all costs!!!!

If this works (consider him using insignia!) instantly switch and go all nuts on the warrior. If you are lucky u might be able to resleep the drood once and afterwards cyclone / blind him to gain the additional time to kill the freaking warrior!

Even if ur mate is a healing druid he ought to be able to do decent spelldmg on warrior.

At all times root either druid to constantly make him shapeshift and to help ur friendly rogue to catch up on him or root the slaughterhouse machine named warrior to diminsh their dmgpotential!

Worked fine with us, but we had a good amount of spelldmgburst I must admit

Use wound poison on both weapons. Druid wont be able to cure enough fast.

Make your druid to use cyclone on the other druid to force him to use trinket.

Blind druid when you think it would fit, then burst down the warrior (would be easy if you team with a moonkin).

Then your druid need to cyclone the other druid again when blind go off.

Warrior should be dead.
    I am indestructible.

Epic Noob's Vehicle

There's a couple things you can do. If it is a Rogue/RestoDruid trying to beat a MSWarrior/RestoDruid, then try this: Obviously if your rogue goes after the warrior or their druid, and the warrior goes after the rogue, evasion is only going to keep him alive for a bit. You either need to get the Warrior to come after the druid, so you can kite/CC away from the rogue working on the other druid. Rogue will have to be on the ball to catch the druid's travel form snare removals. You'll need to poison, stun, or blind right after a shift to keep him from getting away. When the nmy druid is low from the rogue, the other druid can charge over and stun to help finish him off.

If they are smart, their warrior will stay on your rogue. It's harder to beat them this way, but still doable. I'd suggest immediate blind on the nmy druid, then double cylcone the nmy druid giving you an extra 9 secs of cc. As soon as the 2nd cyclone on the druid is done, double cylcone the warrior. Switch doing this back and forth a couple times, while having your rogue dps the which ever target is non cylconed. When doing this, make sure you are rdy to interrupt the druid's cc on you and are out of range of the warriors charge.

Either strat takes alot of timing and coordination on both your parts.

EDIT: Forgot to say, use your roots alot on the warrior. With no dispeller, it's one of their greatest weaknesses.

ok, thanks a lot guys for the help. The idea of sleeping the druid will SS is quite interesting to me. The whole blind/cyclone combo doesn't work as well anymore because they are on the same DR cycle, but getting a sleep off could be huge. I could easily burst down the warrior in the time of a sleep - blind - cyclone cycle and ill try using double wound as well if i decide to attack the warrior.

Once again thanks for all the help,

Stars

Yeah this is a very tough fight, I run a rogue/resto druid team, when faced with a healer/MS warrior combo, we normally always start on the healer. That way I can do as many interupts as possible on druid and our resto druid will focus on CC the warrior first and assist me when he can.

Also not sure if you guys use Vent, but it's helps if your healer calls out commands like what direction to work towards or if you need to switch targets since he is ranged and you may not always know where the Warrior is located. Because honestly one mistake by either team is what normally will decide this type of fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildhorn
    Use wound poison on both weapons. Druid wont be able to cure enough fast.

Make your druid to use cyclone on the other druid to force him to use trinket.

Blind druid when you think it would fit, then burst down the warrior (would be easy if you team with a moonkin).

Then your druid need to cyclone the other druid again when blind go off.

Warrior should be dead.
    Problem with that is that cyclone and blind are on the same DR now.

I find the best thing to do against Warrior/Druid is to QQ a puddle and hope the Warrior slips in it.
    ~Duelist Blitzlunar of Nazjatar. Proud QQ'er of the Almost-Gladiator Club (75 Rating or less)

Quote Originally Posted by Starsprophet
    Hello,

My name is Starsprophet (rouge/Earthen Ring). My partner for 2v2 is a resto druid. We were able to do ok last season reaching around 1900 rating by the end of the last season (only played for about a month before that), and couldn't get higher due to a lack of better gear on both of our parts. So far this season we have done fairly well bouncing between 1680-1700 rating thus far. As most of you know it is fairly competitive right at the begging of the season and we have been facing and beating gladiator teams on our way up to 1700. The one team we really have trouble beating with our rogue/druid combo is warrior/druid. I have tried a few strategies to beat this combo and i am looking for new ideas. I have tried killing the warrior but it is nearly impossible to do based on abolish poison from the druid. I have tried forcing the druid to repeatedly shape shift to burn mana but this hasn't worked well either. I find it nearly imposible to kill the druid because of hamstring/imp hamstring/shape shift removal of my poisons. The only thing that i am thinking could work is killing the druid, but i have to get the opener to throw the druid and the warrior off of their game. This would give me the ability to stun the druid and get off some damage as well as allow the druid to cc the warrior and attempt to keep him off of me, but this method is fairly hard to pull of based on map variation and other factors.

Finally, does anyone think my aforementioned idea would work? And if it won't, does anyone know any tricks to beating this team that i haven't figured out?

Thanks a lot,

Stars
    Hello Starsprophet. I think you shouldn'T play 2v2 with a druid if you're a rogue. You should find a discipline priest or a frost mage to own arenas like warriors with druids do.

any team with a rogue in it on my warrior (who is teamed with a druid) except with a mage, is very easy - the only thing you stand a chance of doing is jusy trying your best to get my druid whilst your druid root/cyclones me ^^ but still - with a warrior on your back with disarm + hamstring there's not much you can do but you would only stand a chance of killing a druid like mine who never uses bear form and is in full PvE gear with no points in the feral tree
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias