LF 5v5 strategy advice

So, our team played for the first time this season and we did relatively well, though I thought we would have done much better (got 1645). I think our setup is solid, but I don't think our strategy is the best.

Right now we are running a rogue, 2 UA locks, spriest, and a resto sham/pally as a healer. Our current strategy is to charge in, aoe fear, dot up the rogues target, and burn it down. After it's dead, the rogue gets on one target which we all dot up. After dotting up that target, we usually dot up 1-2 more of their players. On a side note, the locks both have individual cc targets. One lock always gets a pally, while the other usually gets a mage. Is this the most effective?

What about charging in and having the rogue get on one target, while the rest of us dot up 2-3 targets. Then, if the initial target isn't dead, the locks/spriest switch to that target and use all instants to drop it.

We're having the most problems with 2345 teams and dropping warriors who throw on shield+board. Is this setup simply too weak?

Thanks in advance.

Re: LF 5v5 strategy advice

I don't think its a bad setup at all, I would consider a MS war better than the rogue, but its all relative.

MS and intimidating shout instead of the rogue ? makes 3 aoe fears.
    The fearing makes confusion for other teams which is a good tactic, but IMO I would hold back instead of rushing in (as I understood it?)

Hold back, pick a target, make rogue try to stunlock the healer while u fear away and taking down the target.
    Line of sight is perfect for this team as well. Dottin up, jump down (BEM arena pr example) and the target will prolly follow you down. makes it impossible for the healer to heal, or in case he follows, u can take down another target.

Kinda wanna try the same setup now!
    dunno if this helps, but yeh-

Deleted

Will work easily up to 2000 or so until teams L2P.

Firstly, thank you for the replies.

Our reason for rushing in is to catch them off guard. If we wait, they get time to pick a target, set up focus macros, assign cc targets, etc. However, when we rush and mass fear it creates that mass confusion and unorganized cc that is vital to our setup.

Are you suggesting we don't have the rogue on our main target? This kind of worries me because wound/crippling are pretty essential.

The reason we use a rogue over a warrior is 1) stealth in the begging 2) mass stuns 3) blind 4) our rogue does insane damage 5) CloS/Evasion

Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Vision
    Are you suggesting we don't have the rogue on our main target? This kind of worries me because wound/crippling are pretty essential.
    Hamstering and MS over poisons tbh. Due to they are not dispellable.

Quote Originally Posted by Vision
    The reason we use a rogue over a warrior is 1) stealth in the begging 2) mass stuns 3) blind 4) our rogue does insane damage 5) CloS/Evasion
    I agree on the stun part. But a warr whit the mace also stuff quite alot ( to mutch imo ).
    But idd rather go for a warr on this set. maily due to they can take alot more dmg ( and pop shield + 1H if needed ) and Aoe fear if the love.
    -Crusander-

Quote Originally Posted by shamadelic
    I don't think its a bad setup at all, I would consider a MS war better than the rogue, but its all relative.

MS and intimidating shout instead of the rogue ? makes 3 aoe fears.
    The fearing makes confusion for other teams which is a good tactic, but IMO I would hold back instead of rushing in (as I understood it?)

Hold back, pick a target, make rogue try to stunlock the healer while u fear away and taking down the target.
    Line of sight is perfect for this team as well. Dottin up, jump down (BEM arena pr example) and the target will prolly follow you down. makes it impossible for the healer to heal, or in case he follows, u can take down another target.

Kinda wanna try the same setup now!
    dunno if this helps, but yeh-
    their tactic is to kill some1 fast.

Rogue is far superior aginst warrior. He doesn't need heals at the begining, he doesn't need support to do dmg, he can stun the target and burn all his CD's doing massive dmg, but target will die 90 % of the times

Quote Originally Posted by Shadina
    Hamstering and MS over poisons tbh. Due to they are not dispellable.

I agree on the stun part. But a warr whit the mace also stuff quite alot ( to mutch imo ).
    But idd rather go for a warr on this set. maily due to they can take alot more dmg ( and pop shield + 1H if needed ) and Aoe fear if the love.
    Warrior can get in frost nova, or instantly nuked, or can be sheeped, and his dmg is like 2x lower then the rogue dmg burning all CD's. Olso how healers will start to dispell rogue's poisons when there is over 2000 dps on the target, and he needs healing?

When we face such setup on 2400 rating, it's a roll dice for us, we are trying to CC rogue as much as possible, but it's kind impossible due to a lot of escape moves and preparation.

Olso Cripling poison -> harmstring in this case.

You sound a lot like a drain team (s priest + 2 ua locks? drain) especially since you have that Shammy healing. IMO you should get the priest to go Disc and have him spam mana burn while your locks spam Drain Mana on the DPSers and have your Rogue stunlock the Warrior just long enough to get the casters OOM. Then when they have nothing but a Warrior hitting you... it's already gg because you're already starting to burn the healers while they are trying to heal through your DOTs.

Well, our goal is to play as a mass-dot, mass-fear, insane confusion team. I suppose we could try a drain team, though our priest is almost always targeted first.

I think what we are going to do now is DoT up our main target, dot up a secondary target, and then switch back to the main target. That coupled with CC on at least one healer should put enough pressure on healing. What do you guys think?