Thread: Solarian

Solarian

Hi all,

So last week we went first time into TK.
    Cleared trash, said hi alar.
    Then we cleared trash again before void reaver.
    First try 36%
    second try 13%
    third try I looted my T5 schouders :P

In that same week we killed lurker below first time. So 2 kills in 1 week :P

But we want to continue.
    We had some difficulties with hydross with low DPS on focus fire on the adds. So trying AoE tomorrow.
    But tonight it is TK night again.
    I don't think we have difficulties with Voidreaver. So up to solarian.
    Fights looks damn easy.
    But for the adds that spamn, Does the paladin or Druid need arc res gear?

And if the answer is No.
    Where the hell do we need arc resistance gear?

Re: Solarian

For hydros:
    Use Aoe and grab 5 tanks if you can.. each tank will tank his mob.. and than it gets very easy. Mob tanks actually dont need any resist.. if they are able to build high thread start AOE just after first mark and mobs should be down before 3rd mark.. misdirecting could help as well

For Solarian:
    You dont need Arcane resist there.. just stay on one spot.. and marked ppl should run out..
    To deal with mobs - just use AOE taunt rotation.. Its very easy boss.. a lot easier than alar.

Deleted

Both targetted fire and AoE are valid strategies for Hydross adds. Use whichever your guild is better at.

Solarian, as said by Trpaslo, you no longer need any arcane res for this fight at all. It's simply a case of everyone being aware that they need to run out of the raid if they get the debuff. Use a boss mod, such as Bigwigs, and it even sticks a skull icon over their head and tells everyone who it is, so they can be yelled at!

One big suggestion I am going to make though, is to only work on downing one new boss at a time. You'll get much better progression that way and keep motivation higher.

Prot pallies are wtfpwnage on solarian, especially if you're low on dps one night. But you should be fine on solarian as long as people are awake and watch for the debuff. One missed bomb tho, and its over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eetabeetay
    Prot pallies are wtfpwnage on solarian, especially if you're low on dps one night. But you should be fine on solarian as long as people are awake and watch for the debuff. One missed bomb tho, and its over.
    Yeah we had a prot pally last night for our first kill ^_^

All run towards him, and then everyone aoes the hell out of those mobs. It took us a while to get used to the bomb thing because people's DBM/Bigwigs weren't working properly, but once we had that down pat it was all smooth sailing.

I would like to add only for the Solarian encounter....leave the prot Paladin to gain some aggro on adds like 2 secs then go insane AOE on them and for the debuff get SolarianAlarm from curse it is a good addon wich turns your entire screen purple when you have the debuff:P

So we did 2 tries on him with 2 warrior tanks and 2 druid tanks. We had only 2 mages and 1 warlock. So AoE was too low.
    But that can all be fixed.

Only problemm I noticed is how must it get aggro from solarian?
    Im MT but if she doesn't hit me I don't get rage and I can't build up aggro.
    Is standing next to her enough? Cause she hits me like 1-2 times between her arcane missiles.

Deleted

She hits like a wet cloth, so just get a dps warrior or a druid to "tank" her, rather than a prot warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    She hits like a wet cloth, so just get a dps warrior or a druid to "tank" her, rather than a prot warrior.
    lmao. That reminds me of the Headless Horseman. dps tanks win that fight.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst
    Was that changed then? I mean I haven't done the encounter for several months now, but when we did it she had a very high tendency to stop casting spells and hit our melee players. Usually DPS warriors and rogues for around 8-9k Crushing blows. Hardly a wet cloth for those people.

Solarian hits for fluffly pink towel damage. If she even hits at all you got a Fury warrior or Enh Sham in your raid going all out, and they can take her dmg easy.

Why skip alar? Imo it's not more difficult than solarian. You need 4 tanks that have decent reaction times but that is about it.

She melees for about 6k on cloth.. it hurts. One night she had bugged out and wasnt casting any missles at all.. it was like they were instantly interrupted. Anyways we still got her.. she is really easy

isnt she easier if she bugs and doesnt cast at all just tank it ?

Pure dps check, get her to 30% and your pretty much done couse then its just tank and spank
    Paladin tanks is awsome for the adds, and holy paladins should spam /target Solarion /assist /cast flash of light.
    Have the rest of the raid standing on the same spot so the "bomb" has it easier not to kill anyone when running away
    She can be reset if you run out, everyone outside the middle circle can be ressed
    Let the paladin tank gather the adds on the rest of the raid for aoe and kill the priest while interupting the heals.

We just did her again last nite and just get a pally tank to aoe them then the mages can just aoe them down (we had 6 mages). The fight isnt that hard but its is a little easier with arcane mages because the arcane explosion hits for more and has no cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Unpredictable
    We just did her again last nite and just get a pally tank to aoe them then the mages can just aoe them down (we had 6 mages). The fight isnt that hard but its is a little easier with arcane mages because the arcane explosion hits for more and has no cd.
    what do you mean arcane explosion has no cd?

We downed this easy boss yesterday the first time..

Needed 3 tries, cause some ppl were too dumb to run away from the raid as they got the "bomb-debuff". The adds are pretty simple, just bring 2 Warlocks and a few mages, seed of corruption + mage AoE = win. Don't forget to let your Warris do some AoE-taunt-rotation and if necessary BoP the casters who get aggro.

Second phase is a joke after all.

From a healer's perspective:

Have 2-3 people focused on Solarian for the arcane missles. It's a random target that changes often, so what we do is setup a target-focus macro and heal Solarian's target. It looks like this:

/target High Astromancer Solarian
    /focus

Depending on your unit frames you should have a focus frame with a focus target. Have the assigned healers on her target, and be sure to refocus after the adds are down and she repops.