3v3 setup advice

Hey just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on our 3v3 set up, any changes for the better will be appreciated.
    Currently our basic set up is me (deep frost mage), a disc/holy(down to power infusion) priest, and an SL/SL lock, the basic tactic atm is that i CC to protect the priest, the lock and priest mana burn the healer (or random mana user if its one of those crazy 3 dps set ups :s) whilst the lock keeps the spare dotted and feared untill the focused target is dead.
    Will this tactic work? and is it worth any of us respecing? (eg me changing to 17/0/44 instead of 0/7/54 for imp CS, or the lock change to do a little more damage?).
    Any help gets some love <3
    /Dran

Re: 3v3 setup advice

i'd say you can run two specs. go for full damage, frost and affliction. disc priests have very good survivability, and with CoEx or frost, its not hard to CC melee on the priest. with this spec your priest survives, and you blow something up. if they focus the pries our lock is throwing out UA on every target while you pump out shatter combos. if they focus the lock its a bit tougher but your priest is free to heal.

2nd option is the outlast. run the SL/SL spec, spellsteal those critical buffs like innervate or heroism and just wear them down. however with a frost mage this will be tougher, since all your drain comes from the lock, unless your priest can mana burn when they focus you. granted you are the mage so replacing you would be hard, but an mm hunter would work great with lock/priest. i would say go with burst dps, you have a ton of CC to handle 1 healer easily, possibly a 2nd.

also i would suggest pain suppression over SoR, i'm assuming he went SoR in favor of only going to power infusion as you said. if it works like you said and you attempt to CC while focus'ing then i would say have the lock go UA.

might also be possible to split dps, lock CC's and drains while you shatter combo whatever is weak. frost mages can still 1v1 a ton of classes without a problem in arenas.

Thanks alot for your advice, we'll give the UA tactic a go

if you are not the lock, get a rogue instead rogue mage priest >> mage lock priest, i played a mage/lock/healer(tried all but priest) combo(me being the mage) because i couldnt find a priest at all, we got to 2147 with the paladin, 2050 with the shaman and no more than 2050 too with the druid, we had big problems against druids and drain teams mainly because of my mana so i couldnt let out any more burst damage, but with rogue on the team, its much easier to catch up with the druid with cirppling poison and his sprint ability to keep up with him, also he against other teams a rogue makes it impossible for mages/warlocks/priests to cast, making them much more disabled than a warlock could ^^
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    if you are not the lock, get a rogue instead rogue mage prieat >> mage lock priest, i played a mage/lock/healer(tried all but priest) combo(me being the mage) because i couldnt find a priest at all, we got to 2147 with the paladin, 2050 with the shaman and no more than 2050 too with the druid, we had big problems against druids and drain teams mainly because of my mana so i couldnt let out any more burst damage, but with rogue on the team, its much easier to catch up with the druid with cirppling poison and his sprint ability to keep up with him, also he against other teams a rogue makes it impossible for mages/warlocks/priests to cast, making them much more disabled than a warlock could ^^
    agreed on rogue/priest/mage, right now it is simply rolling 3v3. however i assumed the lock was a friend or someone you would keep on your team. however to change it up yes rogue is your best option. also frosty i think of all the healers priest is the best with that combo, possibly pally, so they can put up some good numbers with what they have.

I'm the mage but as you stated, were rl m8s so the lock is some1 id like to atleast give a shot, if we cant budge over the 2000 mark im sure he would understand allowing a 4th (we have another rl m8 rogue playing) into the team if it means high rating for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Dranex
    I'm the mage but as you stated, were rl m8s so the lock is some1 id like to atleast give a shot, if we cant budge over the 2000 mark im sure he would understand allowing a 4th (we have another rl m8 rogue playing) into the team if it means high rating for everyone
    given that i would do exactly as frosty says, roll with the rogue. possibly get the lock 30% or like you said, go as high as you can before switching rogue or at least trying it out. RMP owns this patch, but im still waiting for a response to my thread about ret pally and such in 3v3

frosty wru!

i really havent heard anything about ret pally, i cant help there, ive only heard all of the crap said about them, i just cant see a ret pally going too well though...
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias