Restodruid combos WTF?

Hello I am playing 3v3 with the setup rogue, mage and dis/holy priest and I have a really big problem, resto druid combos.

I mean for example we meet this combo: elemental shaman sl/sl lock and resto druid, we couldnt bring either the lock or shaman down, how are we suppose to beat these combos :S? I mean if we go for druid he will just run away there is noway we can reach him ;S really need tips how to beat these kinds of combos or how to kill resto druids fast. Im 0/31/30 (rogue) mace so I would appreciate some tips.

Re: Restodruid combos WTF?

Well.. Druids truly are a pain in the arse in arenas but they are doable! Well my team has two methods..one of them is ultimate CC the druid..dont kill him..just keep him OUT of the game.. you got fear, sheep (I know he will shapeshift..but it buys time), Counterspell, blind, stuns - it is essential to burn one of the other teammates down while he is CC..if not you're probably dead meat.
    The other one is using cripling poison, CoC, to keep the Druid slowed down and thereby hinders his pillar-running. It's tough I know.. those are just my two cents

Get a paladin >.>.

Quote Originally Posted by Flowerpot
    Get a paladin >.>.
    http://www.orphanguild.com/ - SWTOR Guild US West Coast PvP

mana burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Passelito
    Hello I am playing 3v3 with the setup rogue, mage and dis/holy priest and I have a really big problem, resto druid combos.

I mean for example we meet this combo: elemental shaman sl/sl lock and resto druid, we couldnt bring either the lock or shaman down, how are we suppose to beat these combos :S? I mean if we go for druid he will just run away there is noway we can reach him ;S really need tips how to beat these kinds of combos or how to kill resto druids fast. Im 0/31/30 (rogue) mace so I would appreciate some tips.
    You lost that game because the Lock can shutdown your Mage, and your rogue is forced onto the Shaman to keep him from running free.

If you help your mage, an elemental shaman will kill you. If you don't, your mage is next to useless.

It's a bad matchup. It happens.

Deadly throw is a good tool most rogues havnt learned to use yet, you just need 1 combo point on the target for the 50% movement speed to work, im sure you can get your blades on him that way.

I would say with rogue and mage on the lock he should die pretty fast. All it takes is one good CS to stop the druid from healing them since counterspell causes 8 seconds before another nature spell could be used.

This does cause the problem of the shaman running loose but the mage can sheep the shaman.

I would say though that the best tactic is ultimate CC of the Druid and off the lock while CSing the shaman's big spells.

Although my tactic on this is different because I am one of the few arcane mages in the arena and I just cast slow on the shaman making him virtually useless on cast time.

i have played RMP combo too, and i didnt really find druids to be too much of a pain- you gotta go after the druid, sheep the shaman when DR's stack sheep warlock, sprint to druid, you must come to an agree'd time when to leash all of the burst damage on vent or something, so say on voice chat when you are about to stun, then leash shatter combo, all dps cd's, soon icy veins (woohoo!) and then a 4 sec silence from a counterspell should follow the stun, if the druid doesnt die within that 9 seconds - i dont know if fear is too much of a problem for you, all of my team was undead, but if you have him stunned for 6 sec then silenced for 4 sec and fail to kill him without being cc'd too badly- you're doing something wrong
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

as a rogue the druid should never get away. between poisons and sprint and vanish and CoS you should never be CC'd by root or CoEx or frost shock alone. stay on the druid, force him out of forms, then stun him and nuke him. also, you are a rogue and mage, CC something! if the lock is sl/sl kill the pet early, then kill the 2nd one. druids are great with hots and sustainability, but terrible at burst healing outside of NS, which most druids will not waste on a lock pet. kill both pets and SL goes out the window, as does the pet silence or intercept. have your priest mana burn in the lock while maintaining shield renew and pom. if the shaman spends his time purging he is doing no dps.

most important is to CC with poly/CS/psns/blind and then focus the druid until he dies. sadly against that combo you will not outlast, as once your mage or priest are drained you are pretty much done. also purge will make it tough for priest and mage. definitely kite and burst, with some CC when its needed.

Thanks for the tips, so I guess our best chance is to cc the shaman and go for druid with a good timing with cooldowns and counterspell.

One last question is it better to go straight for druid or kill the warlocks pet twice before going on druid?

I don't agree with that.

Your best chance of winning would be to flip the script. Your mage can't get shut down by the warlock if your rogue sticks him like glue. No, hes not going to kill him. But its going to be offensive pressure, and keep the lock off your mage.

This leaves your mage free to CC, when the other team has no way to get out of it other then a trinket because a druid can't dispel.

You can't leave an elemental shaman running around, so personally I would make sure the rogue opens and sticks the warlock. Have the priest dispel fears, and the mage poly the shaman, then go to work with manaburns and win the mana battle. If the Warlock gets low, nova and shatter. They can't break that either.

i would agree with you celeras only if the warlock was UA spec because they can be more of a pain than an sl/sl lock- but if its an sl/sl lock there damage is very poor and are pretty hard to kill, so the only time i would touch the warlock is with sheep after DR's have stacked too high on the shaman

One last question is it better to go straight for druid or kill the warlocks pet twice before going on druid?
    no it shouldnt be a long fight- mage + rogue are supposed to be a burst-damage combo, it would be a bad idea to spend all that time killing 2xfelhunters
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

I play Hunter/Lock/Priest(me), and I will say this: We win against teams that do not control our Warlock, and we lose against teams that do. Almost every team lets Kerent run free to do as he pleases. Fears, DoT, Mana Drain, you name it. The few teams that really pound on us (And RMP seems to do a great, great job at it) are the ones that try to pressure Kerent a lot. The Hunter can take care of himself for the most part against RMP. He is great at Wing Clip and uses Entrapment, so rarely can RMP burst him. But the trick is, they work my Warlock who has no real escape route, so I am forced to close within Dispell range, and then RMP has the chance to Blind---Poly--Counterspell chain me while the final blows are dealt to my Warlock.

RMP is a dastardly and easy to play combination assuming the people on your team are not stupid.
    ~Duelist Blitzlunar of Nazjatar. Proud QQ'er of the Almost-Gladiator Club (75 Rating or less)

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    I don't agree with that.

Your best chance of winning would be to flip the script. Your mage can't get shut down by the warlock if your rogue sticks him like glue. No, hes not going to kill him. But its going to be offensive pressure, and keep the lock off your mage.

This leaves your mage free to CC, when the other team has no way to get out of it other then a trinket because a druid can't dispel.

You can't leave an elemental shaman running around, so personally I would make sure the rogue opens and sticks the warlock. Have the priest dispel fears, and the mage poly the shaman, then go to work with manaburns and win the mana battle. If the Warlock gets low, nova and shatter. They can't break that either.
    /agree

Rogue locks down the warlock. Mage CCs the shaman. Priest mana burns whoever is available to burn. With a rogue on the warlock he can't really drain life to get mana back, so it isn't even bad to mana burn the warlock.

Play out-last against all mana teams.

RMP is to 3v3 as Warrior/Druid is to 2v2.

Disgustingly deadly.
    ~Duelist Blitzlunar of Nazjatar. Proud QQ'er of the Almost-Gladiator Club (75 Rating or less)