Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Warrior: Blood Craze usefulness

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    again theorycraft that doesnt work in the game. What if you dont get the charge. What if the warlock send is pet on your healer right at the start.. and isnt in a mocking blow, aoe tuant range..

thsoe happen so often that its worthless in my opinion.

the mage will never be clsoe to his elemental sicne elemental most of the time will stay where they appear and the mage wont. a good mage will summon it right during the shatter combo not early before or after.

on 3vs3 i dont find it useful sicne ppl want 1 melee. and 1 caster most of the time since you got to deal with BoP and other stuff.

a pet isnt a mobs soon as the taunt finish its no longer on you can you drop one with a inital charge (rage went for mocking blow) and then zerker stance (10 rage or more left depend your spec). while you need to pop a 20 rage talent and hit/ms the pet to get the warlock too... i dont know but its something i wont waste point for.
    I do think that just 1 point is worth it and SS has gotten a buff we know about it as we are able to use it in Berk Stance as well but on the other hand the nerf was that it only lasts for 10 secs, but being a 3/5 FLurry build as Azain is (since you get more hits withing those 10 secs as Flurry), 1 point is nothing if you can spent it in such a talent as SS where, certainly you have the chance to pop it, and I must say that at least once in each fight I do have the chance to pop it (we are talking about 2v2 and 3v3 as in 5v5 I have chance to pop it more than once).

And I can give you an example. Yesterday against warrior and Druid at one point I wanted to impose pressure on Druid and intercepted him and IH popped and Druid was imobilised, at same time Flurry popped and Druid appeared to be in danger losing HP fast where warrior had to help by intercepting me so in that case they both were in close range where I had chance to pop SS on. And believe me its these moments where its of Dramatic help and creates healing pressure on healer in a 2v2 fight. Therefore, I agree that many classes will ATTEMPT to avoid SS threat, I must say that it still is inevitable that they will be under a SS situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambobarbq
    again theorycraft that doesnt work in the game. What if you dont get the charge. What if the warlock send is pet on your healer right at the start.. and isnt in a mocking blow, aoe tuant range..

thsoe happen so often that its worthless in my opinion.

the mage will never be clsoe to his elemental sicne elemental most of the time will stay where they appear and the mage wont. a good mage will summon it right during the shatter combo not early before or after.

on 3vs3 i dont find it useful sicne ppl want 1 melee. and 1 caster most of the time since you got to deal with BoP and other stuff.

a pet isnt a mobs soon as the taunt finish its no longer on you can you drop one with a inital charge (rage went for mocking blow) and then zerker stance (10 rage or more left depend your spec). while you need to pop a 20 rage talent and hit/ms the pet to get the warlock too... i dont know but its something i wont waste point for.
    how can you continue to say its pure theorycraft? i used it in a fair amount of games last night. first off why does a lock pet ever have free range to your healer at the start? why are you not killing pets? also mocking blow is 6 seconds as is ae taunt, meaning even if you charge the pet instead of the lock you can keep him on you for 12 seconds while dragging him away from your healer and killing him via SS, or just dropping him, or just charging him applying a hamstring and moving on.

if you cant find 20 rage to pop SS 1-2 times a battle then you are having some serious rage generation issues. short of attacking a paladin or well geared shaman you should always have plenty of rage.

also what did you mean about 3v3, having to deal with bop at stuff? obviously you wouldn't pop SS when a target is BoP'd. and more important if you can force a pally to waste his bop because he cant keep up healing on two targets you are far ahead of the game.

as for frost mages yes the "good" ones do it right at a combo, some save it more for CC others as defense, best use is of course the shatter combo. but as i understand, someone please confirm, there is a 1 sec gcd on the elemental when he is summoned, meaning even the best frost mage will have to start a frostbolt, summon the ele instantly and then get the freeze off before the frostbolt lands, all while spamming ice lance. yes its not hard given how much they work towards it, but it does take some skill and even the slightest thing can knock it off track. i ran with ret pally and warlock as the third to me/resto druid and several times the mage is completely locked down by myself the warlock pet and warlock, or the elemental gets feared or intercepted. there is no reason to not focus a frost mage in 2v2 and 3v3, sometimes 5v5 to avoid him from doing the massive amount of damage he would put out if left untouched.

as i asked in the previous reply...show me yours and i'll show you mine.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Hollow&n=Azain

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    as i asked in the previous reply...show me yours and i'll show you mine.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Hollow&n=Azain
    Ppl are still waiting show your link ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    Ppl are still waiting show your link ;D
    i should have put a note, ignore the teams for now we've been switching it up a lot with boosting and testing out combos. i think if you still hover over the 3v3 it shows what is was on tuesday, but even that is a boosting team now that we all have shoulders lol.

so i did some messing around last night in BG's and arenas, and have decided on the following tweaks to the standard spec:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xbIbogbzbZVVzuMxRc
    i went 2/3 imp hamstring to test it out, and when it does proc its quite nice in keeping my target from getting away when i get CC'd, such as frost nova or scatter shot. 2/3 seemed enough since i do tend to spam it fairly often.
    He he 2/3 IH is nice and added mace spec on top with SH he he it becomes even sweeter you see how sweet HS feels? The same feeling you would get from Mace spec particularly with SH.

btw why not AM? I found it very useful in Arenas. I have even been in 25-30 minute arena 2v2 fights against Warr+Druid and this would translate to an extra 600 rage for all this period (20 rage per minute). Isnt it nice?

He he 2/3 IH is nice and added mace spec on top with SH he he it becomes even sweeter you see how sweet HS feels? The same feeling you would get from Mace spec particularly with SH.

btw why not AM? I found it very useful in Arenas. I have even been in 25-30 minute arena 2v2 fights against Warr+Druid and this would translate to an extra 600 rage for all this period (20 rage per minute). Isnt it nice?
    i was always a fan of it and used it until getting into it with a warrior buddy of mine, and we hashed it all out one night. some theorycraft, some numbers of course. and this was when i didnt use imp hs, so i had 5/5 2h spec, for extra 3% damage.

assuming you drop that 1 pt from 2h spec, which you would, i don't know how useful it becomes. 20 rage per minute is great, no doubt, but when will i use it? i am able to ms/ww everytime they are up, and do a considerable amount of spamstring in between. so is this 20 rage an extra heroic strike instead of a white hit, possibly, but the rage swing on that is huge because im using 15 instead of gaining 15-20.

also here have been times where i wanted to intercept or pummel, and im stuck at 9 rage, and im like #$%EGR$^U %UHR%$Y ahhhhhhh something hit me one. in those cases yes it would be amazing, possibly even life saving or game changing. but even in that situation, does that 1 rage come in .5 seconds later, or the full 3. if you look at 600 rage as 20 MS's, yes its a ton of damage compared to 1% overall. if you look at 600 rage as some of it is wasted, some of it is rolled up into executes, some is used as heroic strike damage over white damage, then 1% of a 30 minute fight becomes a whole different thing.

as with most non-static warrior skills, i think this scales with gear. at the high end i would like 1% of my overall damage more so than 1 rage every 3 seconds, which i may or may not be able to put to good use.

i was always a fan of it and used it until getting into it with a warrior buddy of mine, and we hashed it all out one night. some theorycraft, some numbers of course. and this was when i didnt use imp hs, so i had 5/5 2h spec, for extra 3% damage.

assuming you drop that 1 pt from 2h spec, which you would, i don't know how useful it becomes. 20 rage per minute is great, no doubt, but when will i use it? i am able to ms/ww everytime they are up, and do a considerable amount of spamstring in between. so is this 20 rage an extra heroic strike instead of a white hit, possibly, but the rage swing on that is huge because im using 15 instead of gaining 15-20.

also here have been times where i wanted to intercept or pummel, and im stuck at 9 rage, and im like #$%EGR$^U %UHR%$Y ahhhhhhh something hit me one. in those cases yes it would be amazing, possibly even life saving or game changing. but even in that situation, does that 1 rage come in .5 seconds later, or the full 3. if you look at 600 rage as 20 MS's, yes its a ton of damage compared to 1% overall. if you look at 600 rage as some of it is wasted, some of it is rolled up into executes, some is used as heroic strike damage over white damage, then 1% of a 30 minute fight becomes a whole different thing.

as with most non-static warrior skills, i think this scales with gear. at the high end i would like 1% of my overall damage more so than 1 rage every 3 seconds, which i may or may not be able to put to good use.
    You cant imagine how indispensable AM is especially if you want to nuke down A priest sucking all of your rage up with the only abilities generating you some rage (excluding autos ofc) are UW+AM. I really do love AM and make a big difference.

Also when u do execute and sucks up all your rage you do need to reach this 10 rage asap to re-apply it. AM, combined with UW you can imagine how sweet they are. Also, when you change stance, you cant imagine how good it is to generate more rage as soon as possible to use your desired abilities.

You cant imagine how indispensable AM is especially if you want to nuke down A priest sucking all of your rage up with the only abilities generating you some rage (excluding autos ofc) are UW+AM. I really do love AM and make a big difference.

Also when u do execute and sucks up all your rage you do need to reach this 10 rage asap to re-apply it. AM, combined with UW you can imagine how sweet they are. Also, when you change stance, you cant imagine how good it is to generate more rage as soon as possible to use your desired abilities.
    see but you are referring to it as if it is some instant rage. in terms of execute spam, UW and AM should mean nothing, if you cant generate 10 rage (assumes imp exec) with a 2h'er on any class then you are in trouble. a white hit will give you 15 rage, uw 1, am 1.

and as for switching stances, most abilities cost rage in increments of 5. so if you switch and only have 10, it will be at the least 12.1 seconds before you generate another 5 through AM. i'm not saying on the times you are close to using an ability it way help you, but every 3 seconds just isn't enough. in pve sure, you will always use the rage properly and ensure you use instants everytime your cd is up. and 300 rage on a 15 min boss fight is a lot of slams if you are imp slam, but for pvp its too inconsistent that i could never justify it personally, at least not after talking it over with my buddy :/