Help with warlock arenateams

Hi guys, i rolled lock and started pvping at 70 jsut recently.

What is a good team setup for a warlock in 3v3? 2 locks + 1 healer? thats the onlyone i can think of, suggestions please.

And for 2v2 maby a resto druid is good? would be nice with suggestions here aswell

Calamar

Re: Help with warlock arenateams

In 3v3 we run Warlock-Rogue (me)-Resto Druid, yes I know; rather easy setup! But it does work very well.

As for 2v2, I'd say try and get a priest to come along (disc/holy), also what spec are you?

as the above poster says lock/rogue/resto druid works fine, but what i think is more effective is hunter/warlock/priest - one of the best drain/outlast combo's, that's the current 3v3 i run on my warlock, especially now with the aimed shot buff since 2.3

2 locks + 1 healer
    from my experience this combo is pretty poor, its only good against few combo's, but if there are melee dps (espeially rogues) on the other teams you will really struggle :/
    Zukias (Main) (70 mage - Al'Akir) http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&n=Zukias

Quote Originally Posted by frosty
    as the above poster says lock/rogue/resto druid works fine, but what i think is more effective is hunter/warlock/priest - one of the best drain/outlast combo's, that's the current 3v3 i run on my warlock, especially now with the aimed shot buff since 2.3
    from my experience this combo is pretty poor, its only good against few combo's, but if there are melee dps (espeially rogues) on the other teams you will really struggle :/
    agreed on hunter/lock/priest, three classes with great abilities for those clutch moments where you need to boost your survivability. also 3 drains means you can send a healer, or depending on the situation a caster dps completely OOM in 10-12 seconds. at that point the game is ez mode and you win.

we got a pretty successfull (at least in our opinion) team with pally, spriest and SL/SL lock (me). We managed to get 1900 last season and plan on 2000 this season.
    This space is available for rent!

Quote Originally Posted by gringo
    we got a pretty successfull (at least in our opinion) team with pally, spriest and SL/SL lock (me). We managed to get 1900 last season and plan on 2000 this season.
    that combo can work, but generally shadow priests require a UA lock. any pally/disc priest/XX combo will give you a ton of trouble, given all your CC (silence and fear) and more than 50% of your damage comes from magic which can be dispelled. assuming you, the lock, has decent gear is are stacking 2 sets for resil bonus you can go UA and survive, especially with a pally healing you, as he can bubble or the priest or your pet can dispel those same magic effects on him.

being UA will almost always make you the tank, but if you can indeed survive for a good 20-30 seconds after engaging, your shadow priest is going to have free range to blow things up and force the opposite healer to spam heals and not drain or CC or cleanse as they normally might.

i am curious tho, what are you personal experiences in those types of matches? from our perspective, we run with ret pally resto druid, shadow priest has always been easy mode with cleanse, and we generally lockdown the sl/sl lock to avoid fears on the pally.

if you're UA, in 2v2, a Rogue or SPriest will work well for you.

If you're SL/SL, team with a Druid or Priest in 2v2. Druid is better than a Priest, hands down (And I hate to say it, since I play a Priest obviously).

If you're UA in 3v3, Rogue/Druid/you will be strong, but not as strong as you/spriest/druid or you/spriest/paladin. UA+Spriest = undispellable fears and immense DoT. Nasty...

If you're SL/SL in 3v3, Lock/Druid/you will be immensely strong as will hunter/druid/you.
    ~Duelist Blitzlunar of Nazjatar. Proud QQ'er of the Almost-Gladiator Club (75 Rating or less)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzlunar
    if you're UA, in 2v2, a Rogue or SPriest will work well for you.

If you're SL/SL, team with a Druid or Priest in 2v2. Druid is better than a Priest, hands down (And I hate to say it, since I play a Priest obviously).

If you're UA in 3v3, Rogue/Druid/you will be strong, but not as strong as you/spriest/druid or you/spriest/paladin. UA+Spriest = undispellable fears and immense DoT. Nasty...

If you're SL/SL in 3v3, Lock/Druid/you will be immensely strong as will hunter/druid/you.
    couldn't agree more, only thing is like i said if you are UA you are pretty much asking to be the tank in any 2v2 or 3v3 match against a skilled team, especially if locking you down means no UA, and hence tons of lost damage and CC from dispels.
    bop / drain life is still so op imo.

UA locks seem at home most in 2v2 with a second DPS class, although on my alt Rogue that runs with a Lock, we're way, way better when she specs SL/SL.

This is because I can pull off the Blind ---> Sap Sap combination on a healer after the initial burst of 2x Adrenaline Rush on the DPS target is up. It works flawlessly.

When she's UA, whatever the DPS is tends to take her down (especially Warriors and Rogues) while I am busy CCing the healer. (After her CCs are on DR, of course).

Sadly, SL/SL is still the king of Arena IMO. Yes, you can cite examples like Ergheiz's partner Inevidable, that runs a UA/Demo hybrid (44/17/0 I think), but I feel much more comfortable when my Lock is SL/SL.
    ~Duelist Blitzlunar of Nazjatar. Proud QQ'er of the Almost-Gladiator Club (75 Rating or less)

UA locks seem at home most in 2v2 with a second DPS class, although on my alt Rogue that runs with a Lock, we're way, way better when she specs SL/SL.

This is because I can pull off the Blind ---> Sap Sap combination on a healer after the initial burst of 2x Adrenaline Rush on the DPS target is up. It works flawlessly.

When she's UA, whatever the DPS is tends to take her down (especially Warriors and Rogues) while I am busy CCing the healer. (After her CCs are on DR, of course).

Sadly, SL/SL is still the king of Arena IMO. Yes, you can cite examples like Ergheiz's partner Inevidable, that runs a UA/Demo hybrid (44/17/0 I think), but I feel much more comfortable when my Lock is SL/SL.
    yea depends on what you encounter and what you run. ua is op anytime you present a 2nd class which you would normally focus first. ele shamans and shadow priests come into mind. as do feral druids or enhance shams.

rogues are definitely op at locking healers, double sap, cs, gouge, blind, vanish sap...rinse and repeat. to CC a healer for 1 min even after they trinket is amazing, cuz when it comes into combat you still have kidney shit, gouge and kick, with the op mace stuns. then its a matter of a warlock taking another class 1v1...duh same idea is how rmp works in 3v3, rogue on the healer and then mage can dps priest can mana burn and support in 2v2 style.

Biggest problem to the Rogue Sap train is a smart Paladin that knows how and when to properly use BoS, BoP, and DS. That being said, my Lock partner is usually very quick at Devouring Blessing of Sac and Freedom.

Sap training is highly effective but it takes quite a bit of practice, at least from my experience, because I've had Warriors Intercept me out of stealth and ruin the whole thing. But Arena is all a combination of skill, gear, and yes... Luck.

Biggest problem to the Rogue Sap train is a smart Paladin that knows how and when to properly use BoS, BoP, and DS. That being said, my Lock partner is usually very quick at Devouring Blessing of Sac and Freedom.

Sap training is highly effective but it takes quite a bit of practice, at least from my experience, because I've had Warriors Intercept me out of stealth and ruin the whole thing. But Arena is all a combination of skill, gear, and yes... Luck.

im not saying it happens every game where there is a rogue paired with another dps. im making the point that anytime 1 class using 1 set playstyle can directly win the game its a bit op. the other thing is of course the dispel lag. a pally will cleanse me when i am in combat, but if the rogue saps within say .5 - .7 seconds, the pally will still be sapped, then brought into combat, but not out of sap, and then back out of combat before the next sap is ready.

truth is rogues are the best class at locking anything down 1v1, always have been always will be, and it makes me jealous i stopped playing my rogue in favor of a war when i see that happen :P

You know, it's kinda funny, because I always wish that I stopped playing my Rogue and picked up my Warrior in Season 2.

Grass is always greener on the other side.

You know, it's kinda funny, because I always wish that I stopped playing my Rogue and picked up my Warrior in Season 2.

Grass is always greener on the other side.
    indeed, although works that way tho
    and apparently the op of this thread wished he rolled a lock, but then so do i.