Aff lock + BM hunter

Aff lock + BM hunter in a 2v2, is it a good combination? Just a lil curios.

Re: Aff lock + BM hunter

yes, i was quite high during s1 with that combo, the lock was seducing 1 and fearing the other.

15+ Year Old Account

i say: yes, i play in a team like that ^^
    me: BM hunter
    girlfried: Affli lock

ok, there are some groups we cant kill, but its funny, the affli lock makes the soft damage every time, and the BM gives the burst dmg ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.

it's ok if you are aiming at playing in 1200-1500 rating bracket.

GL'n'HF

Quote Originally Posted by Renu
    Aff lock + BM hunter in a 2v2, is it a good combination? Just a lil curios.
    against good healer/dps combos you will lose. they will simply lock down your affliction lock and ignore the BM hunter, depending on the class the hunter will get CC'd and outside of the burst damage when beast within / rapid fire is up (which most healers can account for) the hunter will not do enough damage to kill anything. you would be better going sl/sl and playing drain, where you can oom any caster dps in seconds, or possibly CC the dps while you oom the healer.

problem with ua in 2v2/3v3 is that you will always be the focus, and unless you are very well geared you will drop faster than the BM hunter can drop your enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    against good healer/dps combos you will lose. they will simply lock down your affliction lock and ignore the BM hunter, depending on the class the hunter will get CC'd and outside of the burst damage when beast within / rapid fire is up (which most healers can account for) the hunter will not do enough damage to kill anything. you would be better going sl/sl and playing drain, where you can oom any caster dps in seconds, or possibly CC the dps while you oom the healer.

problem with ua in 2v2/3v3 is that you will always be the focus, and unless you are very well geared you will drop faster than the BM hunter can drop your enemy.
    I see, and I agree with you, thanks for the info man. ;D

Add a healer (priest or druid preferably) and you'll have a decently balanced 3v3 team. (though I'd respec SL/SL and Marks)

Hunters are not good in 2 dps 2v2 teams. It is too easy to line of sight their damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordin
    Add a healer (priest or druid preferably) and you'll have a decently balanced 3v3 team. (though I'd respec SL/SL and Marks)

Hunters are not good in 2 dps 2v2 teams. It is too easy to line of sight their damage.
    depends on the arena, in blade's edge hunters generally have issues but nagrand or ruins aren't so hard to keep up. also LoS'ing the hunter means you aren't attacking the lock, since they would always stay within LoS of each other. ignoring the lock to try and los the hunter means you already lost, since they will have landed something on one or both of your players, and UA locks are gg in terms of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    depends on the arena, in blade's edge hunters generally have issues but nagrand or ruins aren't so hard to keep up. also LoS'ing the hunter means you aren't attacking the lock, since they would always stay within LoS of each other. ignoring the lock to try and los the hunter means you already lost, since they will have landed something on one or both of your players, and UA locks are gg in terms of damage.
    LoS the players and kill their pets, then go after them while they are gimp. If they pull their pets back, then drink till either they come in or they send their pets back in.

You only have to LoS the hunter during Bestial Wrath.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyone
    it's ok if you are aiming at playing in 1200-1500 rating bracket.

GL'n'HF
    LoL

My Team got a rating of 1870 at end of S2, ans we started very late...

if u dont know what is possible with this combo dont write Something
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I defend Sylvanas because I believe humanity is a waste, in game and IRL. A human life is NOT more important than that of a cat or dog or bird. It just isn't.