Rogue/Mage VS Rogue/Priest. How do you kill it?

Hello guys, I play a Rogue/Mage team, low geared though high rated.
    Many teams don't prove much of a challenge even though it's decked out in S2+S3 and we're S1 geared ourselves, but one or two team really puts us to the test!
    Rogue Priest is just impossible for us to beat, we've been against that setup both overgeared and undergeared and it doesn't change a thing.
    How do you beat that setup? We've tried various things ourselves:
    1) Nuke the rogue and UBER-CC the priest, problem there is that the rogue has so much against the mage's burst dmg.
    2) Let the mage kite the mage kite the rogue while our rogue jumps from target to target to stress their healer to make him burn his mana faster.
    3) Nuke the priest with shatter comboes and a full stunlock (this doesn't give us time for CC-ing the rogue!)
    4) Avoid combat for 15 minutes to persuade them to leave....

I'd LOVE some feedback on this and perhabs other ideas of how to beat them!

Thanks in advance <3

Re: Rogue/Mage VS Rogue/Priest. How do you kill it?

I use Wounding on main-hand and Crippling on off-hand.
    I'm shadowstep with improved kick+sprint and the mage is frost with improve CS.
    We use these builds for ultimate CC and silence comboes.

at first you should tell us what spec the priests have you play against.
    but though, i wonder why this combo is a problem for you.
    i play a medium equipped and medium rated (only 202 resilience as we started 4 weeks before the end of season 2. last seasons highest rating was 2050) disci-priest on a priest/rogue team. and there are only a few teams we really fear and one of them is a icemage/rogue-team. usually my rogue-mate won't get his hands on one of them before they both reach me. cced/silenced until the end i can only watch my health go down from full to zero without really having a chance to escape or to cast.
    as i already said... the teams we play aren't uberhigh-rated and i cannot really talk about the chances a 450resilience/14k life priest has... but i dont think it would change much.

i would say your best bet is to focus the priest, assuming most/all 2v2 priests are disc to have pain suppression, its still far better than focusing the rogue. the rogue has evasion and CoS, and unless you plan on stunlocking him through a few shatter combos (which shouldn't happen because of CoS/vanish/trinket/dispel/etc...) you won't drop the rogue in the CS + blind time.

i'd say your best bet is jump the priest, and as a mage try to avoid the rogue, move around frequently, unless you are dropping a shatter combo. also you could try and jump the rogue, perhaps drop some quick dps and see if the pries wastes pain suppression early. overall i'd say your best chance is to jump the priest early and CC the rogue.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account

I am a 433 Resi disc priest and i run with a 400 resi CB/Prep rogue and when we see a 2v2 with a mage in it our eyes light up :P usually the rogue can down the mage before i get 50% from the enemy rogue obv the mage ice blocks i dispell ect but my rogue tends to down the mage very fast. We beat druid+warlock but the only thing that can trouble us are melee + healer... i.e warrior+druid, rogue/priest...

Quote Originally Posted by crz
    at first you should tell us what spec the priests have you play against.
    but though, i wonder why this combo is a problem for you.
    i play a medium equipped and medium rated (only 202 resilience as we started 4 weeks before the end of season 2. last seasons highest rating was 2050) disci-priest on a priest/rogue team. and there are only a few teams we really fear and one of them is a icemage/rogue-team. usually my rogue-mate won't get his hands on one of them before they both reach me. cced/silenced until the end i can only watch my health go down from full to zero without really having a chance to escape or to cast.
    as i already said... the teams we play aren't uberhigh-rated and i cannot really talk about the chances a 450resilience/14k life priest has... but i dont think it would change much.
    Yeah oops forgot that part! Well healer priests are actually our only trouble, worst of all the Discipline ones!

And as for focusing the priest down I've thought it through and it should be easy as hell, it might just be our lack of arena skills that are the problem!
    I really hope we're not alone in this, but when it comes to outdoor PvP and BG PvP we pwn just around everything, but as soon as it comes to arena we're both clueless lol

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshakey
    I am a 433 Resi disc priest and i run with a 400 resi CB/Prep rogue and when we see a 2v2 with a mage in it our eyes light up :P usually the rogue can down the mage before i get 50% from the enemy rogue obv the mage ice blocks i dispell ect but my rogue tends to down the mage very fast. We beat druid+warlock but the only thing that can trouble us are melee + healer... i.e warrior+druid, rogue/priest...
    That is our problem, if the rogue gets one little lucky strike with his dices we're toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiyo
    That is our problem, if the rogue get's one little lucky strike with his dices we're toast.
    well a good part of it is also coordination. when your mage iceblocks then your rogue has to know to CC the priest to avoid a mass dispel. whether that CC is stun/gouge/blind or w/e, you have to give your mage a chance. also depends on what race you are. humans with perception should have no trouble finding the enemy rogue. and a draenei mage can always try to pop that hot before going into iceblock.

be sure to use mana shield in conjunction with ice barrier against rogues. with the new mana gems coming out you shouldnt have mana issues, and its better to go oom and live longer than to die with 85% mana.

edit: grammar, i should really read all my early morning posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    well a good part of it is also coordination. when your mage iceblocks then your rogue has to know to CC the priest to avoid a mass dispel. whether that CC is stun/gouge/blind or w/e, you have to give your mage a chance. also depends on what race you are. humans with perception should have no trouble finding the enemy rogue. and a draenei mage can always try to pop that hot before going into iceblock.

be sure to use mana shield in conjunction with ice barrier against rogues. with the new mana gems coming out you shouldnt have mana issues, and its better to go oom and live longer than you die with 85% mana.
    I just think we need the practise against that team really now that I've read some replies and though it over. Thanks for the help guys!

The way I do it (I play same mage/rogue setup for 2v2), is unfortunately, a lot of pressure for the mage to perform:

Start of the fight, rogue will dps the mage, just ice block. You want the mage to take the least amount of damage early in the fight. Get your rogue to dps the priest asap.

Both rogue and mage dps on priest. Mage also spam spellsteal (yes I know it's a huge mana waste).

Priest will pop pain supression, mage spellsteals.

Mage is also keeping cc's on rogue (sheep, rank 1 frost bolts), and your rogue harassing the priest should prevent them from dispelling sheeps.

Best case scenario is if the the rogue makes the mistake of attacking the mage. Ice block and when the rogue runs back to attack help his priest partner (who can't dispel ice block because of your rogue smashing him), mage gets out of IB get out and start sheep harassing/rank 1 frost bolt again.

That's the only way we've managed to down rogue/priest combo's and we do pretty well if everything works out.