Dual Wielder's Weapon Enchants

Yes I pvp fury...

As far as Executioner and Mongoose... does it matter which weapons they are on as far as off hand and main hand...

I'm a fury warrior and I got the mongoose on my main hand, and I was thinking about getting executioner for my offhand but a buddy of mine says it should be the other way around... but I don't see anything that would suggest that it really matters.

I've also read that Executioner is a strict pve enchant because the armor difference isnt that great against other plate wearers and clothies dont have any armor to worry about anyway... Which suggests I may as well go dual mongoose.

Sorry if my post isnt making a ton of since. I need sleep and I feel like passing out. :P
    Wheatthicks - Level 71 Prot Paladin - Laughing Skull US
    Wheatthins - Level 70 Holy Priest - Laughing Skull US

Re: Dual Wielder's Weapon Enchants

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatthins
    Yes I pvp fury...

As far as Executioner and Mongoose... does it matter which weapons they are on as far as off hand and main hand...

I'm a fury warrior and I got the mongoose on my main hand, and I was thinking about getting executioner for my offhand but a buddy of mine says it should be the other way around... but I don't see anything that would suggest that it really matters.

I've also read that Executioner is a strict pve enchant because the armor difference isnt that great against other plate wearers and clothies dont have any armor to worry about anyway... Which suggests I may as well go dual mongoose.

Sorry if my post isnt making a ton of since. I need sleep and I feel like passing out. :P
    Your friend really misses 1 very important point- Go 2H MS in Arenas..unless ofc you do it for fun in which case I am ot sure which enchant is more appropriate for the main hand and off hand.

Well, I pvp to get better pve gear... lemme explain.

My main is a lvl 70 holy priest, and my guild has enough warriors. To gear my warrior I decided to pvp. I was arms for 2 years... I wanted a change. I don't really give a crap about arenas until I get all of my pvp gear. Until then I'm screwing around to build points, but I'm not stressing.

Yes I pvp fury...

your post does make sense, but let me shed some light
    when you dw you will always favor one enchant, which is on your MH, mongoose and executioner tend to proc the same, so you would want executioner MH and mongoose OH, unless you favor mongoose as your primary enchant (which you shouldn't)

as for pvp'ing as dw fury i hope its 5v5 where you have a rogue or hunter or ms war at least :P

also just some rough trends to remember:
    mongoose > executioner on mail/plate/anything with a shield
    executioner ~= mongoose on leather, depends on how often you can get a druid of out forms, or actually hit a rogue.
    executioner > mongoose on cloth. as for not having any armor anyway, well thats just not true.

all mages use ice/frost armor, or at least should. warlocks have fel armor or demon armor or w/e and priests have inner fire. also season 3 gear actually has decent armor as far as cloth is concerned. mages/locks will have 1k+ and priests can be up into the 2500 range with inner fire.

assuming you can get some of those buffs purged/dispelled then executioner in combo with s3/vind gear will bring them down to zero. it also helps to counter things like devotion aura against clothies. generally warrior vs warrior is a toss-up anyway, executioner or mongoose on different hands is not going to swing the battle.

incase this post was too long and you forgot what i originally said lol, exec mh, mongoose oh.

Quote Originally Posted by Azain
    also just some rough trends to remember:
    executioner ~= mongoose on leather, depends on how often you can get a druid of out forms, or actually hit a rogue.
    executioner > mongoose on cloth. as for not having any armor anyway, well thats just not true....
    I tend to agree in general about the above trend however it refers to offensive ability. Dont Forget that Moongose also has defensive ability which is obtained through a 120 agility i.e. Dodge and Armor. If the above hold true when comparing the 2 enchants offensivelly, if we consider their defensive abilities executioner doesnt provide any. Therefore adjusted for defensive abilities we can have:

mongoose > (slightly better) executioner on leather
    executioner > mongoose on cloth

Aww man. So I need to redo my main hand enchant and making it executioner and my off hand to mongoose >< Stupid stupid stupid.

Oh and btw, I'm doing 3v3's right now but folks, I'm not taking it serious right now :P I'm enjoying fury because it feels so fast paced and I'm doing pretty good as far as dps goes in 5 mans.

Oh and btw, I'm doing 3v3's right now but folks, I'm not taking it serious right now :P I'm enjoying fury because it feels so fast paced and I'm doing pretty good as far as dps goes in 5 mans.
    if your not taking it seriously then you shouldn't be overly concerned with adjusting your enchants to maximize your dps.

as narzania said and i agree, mongoose has a defensive aspect to its proc, granted that assumes that a melee is attacking you while its up, but mongoose mh is fine if you are just stocking points.

if your not taking it seriously then you shouldn't be overly concerned with adjusting your enchants to maximize your dps.

as narzania said and i agree, mongoose has a defensive aspect to its proc, granted that assumes that a melee is attacking you while its up, but mongoose mh is fine if you are just stocking points.
    Agree

(sigh) I know that it doesn't matter if I'm not taking it seriously, but that is just till I get better gear... Right now my toon has some pretty decent gear, but I'm cannon fodder in arena.

I'm not just screwing around, so I want to make my toon the best it can be... but I'm not going to be so serious that I'm gonna spec mortal strike and gimp the fun factor.

I need to just lvl my rogue... my new fury warrior :P

(sigh) I know that it doesn't matter if I'm not taking it seriously, but that is just till I get better gear... Right now my toon has some pretty decent gear, but I'm cannon fodder in arena.

I'm not just screwing around, so I want to make my toon the best it can be... but I'm not going to be so serious that I'm gonna spec mortal strike and gimp the fun factor.

I need to just lvl my rogue... my new fury warrior :P
    yup understood, in that case i would say exec mh, goose oh and wait until you get new weapons if that is what you are stocking points for.

I don't know what I'm really saving up for. I was thinking the season 3 helm since I have the engineering goggles... and that helm is sexy ><... Or I could spend it on the season 2 weps. Not sure... getting a 2h for mortal strike spec would be the sex.

Season 3 armor vs Season 2 weps... /shrug

I don't know what I'm really saving up for. I was thinking the season 3 helm since I have the engineering goggles... and that helm is sexy ><... Or I could spend it on the season 2 weps. Not sure... getting a 2h for mortal strike spec would be the sex.

Season 3 armor vs Season 2 weps... /shrug
    s3 weap imo, unless 1850 is out of reach. that weapons are you using now for dw, what 2h'ers would you have access to?

You want executioner MH, it will proc more often because of instant attacks like Bloodthirst and Execute.

s3 weap imo, unless 1850 is out of reach. that weapons are you using now for dw, what 2h'ers would you have access to?
    Well, ya... 1850 is out of reach until I can find a good pally and until I can get a worthy two hander. I could get the season 1, or I could finish lvling my b.s. prof. and make my mace. Or I could just spend some of those points on a s2 2h and be set for a long time!

In the armor vs. weps issue, it really depends on what is the worst piece in the respective gear slot.
    i.e. green weps and blue/epic armor, or blue weps and green armor.
    Weapons are probably going to give you the highest increase in damage, but armor gives survivability. I would def say armor>weps if you have some decent weapons. And if you want both, then go do BGs to get some S1 weps. They really aren't that bad.
    I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out.