Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by sacrife
    I will as soon as someone recommend me to a decent tga to blp converter. The one I use is not good enough and the tradeskills frame look washed out (low bit or something) Preferably one who can convert rectangular images aswell
    There ain't any, but I was coding one a while ago. I can look into finishing it. But only for BLP2.0 (World of Warcraft).

Also Photoshop can handle DirectX textures with a plugin installed, but WoW uses a custom format, so it's nessary to extract a texture from it.

But for most addon authors, you really just want the largest mipmap extracted in PNG.

I'd also really like it if you uploaded the textures, thanks.

Also what did you use for your button outlines, to show epic etc. Hope that also changes the bag outlines, they are horrible.

I'm currently using ArkInventory which is ok, but annoying whenever I move/transfer stuff around because my neatly stacked items suddenly get all mixed up. I know how to sort them by category, but I also want to arrange the items so that all potions are together, all flasks are together, etc. Is there a way to do this, or is there an alternative to ArkInventory that can do this?

Engbags will autosort your bags and also looks alot better.

What inspector/Character frames tool is that?

Thanks

http://hdimage.org/viewer.php?file=i...3109230112.jpg

How do you combine the chat / combat bars with the action bar and the damage meters in one background o.O And where do you get those textures for pitbull and quartz :P

wtb response

hey , i am curently looking for a warlock UI , 1280 x 1024

my lock it`s affliction , and will still be affli for patch if u wonder what kind of lock i am ; :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfrost
    http://hdimage.org/viewer.php?file=i...3109230112.jpg

How do you combine the chat / combat bars with the action bar and the damage meters in one background o.O And where do you get those textures for pitbull and quartz :P

wtb response
    I'm not a 100% sure what you meant because your description is pretty odd.

But if by "combine" you mean adding a template border to the addons, you do that through kgPanels.

And for textures, you get them from SharedMedia and LibSharedMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker
    I'm not a 100% sure what you meant because your description is pretty odd.

But if by "combine" you mean adding a template border to the addons, you do that through kgPanels.

And for textures, you get them from SharedMedia and LibSharedMedia
    Look at the action bar -> there is one bbacground with a border, look at grid and dm -> same background

That's what I said. It's still kgPanels that does that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker
    That's what I said. It's still kgPanels that does that for you.
    Well can you tell me how? ;p What's the point of reading pointless stuff on FAQ and wiki when someone can tell me the thing i need

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfrost
    Well can you tell me how? ;p What's the point of reading pointless stuff on FAQ and wiki when someone can tell me the thing i need
    it's a little more complex than just telling you how to do it. there are a lot of different options within kgpanels. your best bet is to open up /kgpanels config and start playing with the settings yourself -- if you get confused, read the faq & wiki. trying to explain how to set it up the way you want would most likely take numerous posts or really long ones. best way to learn is just to fiddle with it. create a layout, activate it, create a panel within it, activate it.. and start playing with that panel, go from there.

Scaared

Ok, so recently I've been going through many users' UI's and quite a bit of them have the bottom part like this :

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1...2809163602.jpg

How can I put that black background at the bottom? I have tried using kgPanels, but I use a mac and I don't have paths and such :S

Quote Originally Posted by Scaared
    Ok, so recently I've been going through many users' UI's and quite a bit of them have the bottom part like this :

How can I put that black background at the bottom? I have tried using kgPanels, but I use a mac and I don't have paths and such :S
    SunnArt is one way..

Scaared

Quote Originally Posted by Trypticon
    SunnArt is one way..
    Yes...... but how can I put in my own art?

Quote Originally Posted by siclepop
    it's a little more complex than just telling you how to do it. there are a lot of different options within kgpanels. your best bet is to open up /kgpanels config and start playing with the settings yourself -- if you get confused, read the faq & wiki. trying to explain how to set it up the way you want would most likely take numerous posts or really long ones. best way to learn is just to fiddle with it. create a layout, activate it, create a panel within it, activate it.. and start playing with that panel, go from there.
    Yea already did Ty anyways that made my UI look so much more organized :P

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scaared

You do have paths - you just don't know how to use them.
    Make a folder inside your Interfaces folder. Name it "textures". Put your custom artwork in that folder. Say the name of it is BottomArt.tga.
    The path you'd use is: \\Interface\\textures\\BottomArt.tga

I was wondering if there is a way to change the shape of the status bars in Pitbull. I've pretty much got the whole custom textures thing down, but want to change the shape of the status bars as well. I've grown tired of the common rectangle/square look and wanted to see if it's possible to use something that I designed instead. I flipped through the Pitbull LUA and couldn't find anything about the status bars themselves just textures for the status bars.

I'm terrible at coding, but if I can get someone to point me in the right direction I might be able to figure it out.

Thank you in advance.

**Falcon**

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Sadly, I believe PB itself is limited to a square - however, by turning the background off and using textures that aren't squared off, you can probably convince it to look like something else entirely. In Pitbull 3, you'll be limited to a series of stacked shapes because you're limited to a single texture. In Pitbull 4, you can make it look like anything, through clever placement of bars and the ability to use a different texture on every bar.

Look at how the Diablo3Orbs add-on were made if you want to see how make "other shaped" unit frames.

But the general trick is you just render a pre-rendered texture for a specific bit. And Textures are always square.