I'm making a simple WA that plays different sounds based on a random number when my shadow priest gains the Insanity buff, but I'm having a weird issue.

The following is a Custom action On Show.

local math = math.random(6)

print(math)

if math = 1 then

PlaySoundKitID(11514)

end

if math = 2 then

PlaySoundKitID(15756)

end
    The Print() is only there for debugging purposes at the moment but I am recieving the following error when this runs.

[string "return function() local math = math.random(6)..."5]:5:'then' expected near '='
    It looks like WA is expecting a then after the if statement, which I have. If I switch the = to > or < it works just fine.

syntax on code is weird. Most code doesn't use = but an equivalent of it like == or !=. I can't pull up the exact syntax on it atm, but that should point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    syntax on code is weird. Most code doesn't use = but an equivalent of it like == or !=. I can't pull up the exact syntax on it atm, but that should point you in the right direction.
    == worked fine, thanks!

my experience in programming is basically just VB/VBA/VBS + SQL so I'm used to =.

Ah, I usually use python, but I've tinkered around with a few different languages as well (java, C (all of them), jquery, ruby, etc..)

Also not sure if it's possible but wouldn't it be easier and faster on the coding side to just iterate with a for loop using a variable?

Hi,

Gorefiend UI question. I used to have a neat "table" of the Digested and Corrupted raiders on my UI, but now, after an incident were I changed my name back and forth (messing up WTF folder), I no longer have this "table" up.

Anyone know which addon or UI setting this is?

Last edited by Aminah; 2016-03-14 at 05:46 PM.

That looks like Exorsus Raid Tools. Been awhile since I've paid attention to that particular part of the fight though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if the blizzard "show numbers for cooldowns" setting can be tweaked? It uses a small white number which blends in with everything in the surroundings so i have to use an addon for showing those numbers. Problem is that addon clashes with WA numbers and it shows 2 numbers stacked on top of each other making it look unpleasant and difficult to read in a pinch.

Do you have a picture of what you're talking about? I'm not sure where you would be seeing 2 numbers on your action bars, that's definitely not a weak auras thing.

My guess is that both the blizzard default cooldown, and perhaps an addon such as OmniCC are both active at the same time.
    Disable one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

With Legion we will be seeing two specs now with a significant amount of pets (demo and beast mastery). Is there any way an addon could accurately show damage from multiple pets? Such as how much damage my Hunter pet did, vs Dire Beasts, vs the artifact pet. I use recount currently, and it always shows a single pet's damage, which can sometimes be some random small pet (like with snake traps, it would show the damage of a snake instead of your actual hunter pet). I feel like I don't want to play these two new specs because I wouldn't be able to properly analyze my damage output from all the different pet sources.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

In the data tab of Recount's config window, uncheck "Merge Pets w/ Owners". This will list any friendly NPC a player has into its own line.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    In the data tab of Recount's config window, uncheck "Merge Pets w/ Owners". This will list any friendly NPC a player has into its own line.
    Yeah, but I would like it if it could show me my full damage, and if I hit my name to get more info on my damage breakdown, it shows all my pet sources as well. Would be much easier then having to constantly merge and unmerge to see my full damage vs just the damage of certain pets. Not to mention the difficulty in finding each pet in the sea of other pets in a raid environment.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Any addon to track invasions if you did them on X char, like how savedinstance addon works? that addon dosent track invasion, only boss.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Savedinstances tells you what bags you have looted (gold, platinum defender etc.) in the weekly quest section when mouseovering it.
    Last edited by mmocde8f405a5d; 2016-03-19 at 06:30 AM.

thanks! that abit messy :P good hidden.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Yeah, but I would like it if it could show me my full damage, and if I hit my name to get more info on my damage breakdown, it shows all my pet sources as well. Would be much easier then having to constantly merge and unmerge to see my full damage vs just the damage of certain pets. Not to mention the difficulty in finding each pet in the sea of other pets in a raid environment.
    Thats possible with "Details!".

Oh nice, I actually saw that addon recently and was interested. Guess I will try it!

Where can I find the latest SP timers? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Where can I find the latest SP timers? Thanks in advance.
    http://www.aleaaddons.ru/?m=1

Took me 3 seconds in google
    Last edited by Platinengel; 2016-03-22 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinengel View Post
    http://www.aleaaddons.ru/?m=1

Took me 3 seconds in google
    Strange, cause I was searching all morning