1. #15501
    High Overlord Aridn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    That's odd, it may need to be delayed for login:

    Code:
    local f=CreateFrame("frame")
    f:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_LOGIN")
    f:SetScript("OnEvent",function()
        local button=CreateFrame("button","MyCustomKeybind")
        SetBindingClick("J",button:GetName())
        button:SetScript("OnClick",function()
            -- put code here
        end)
    end)

    You also need to check the keybind menu for the key you chosen and unbind it, there might be some conflict there. When in the keybind menu, just click any unbound spot, bind your key, then unbind it.
    This works perfectly! Thank you so much for your help!
    @Aridnz[/CENTER]

  2. #15502

    Turned off TargetFrame... Combo Point Tracker still shows

    I play WoW Classic, Downloaded the NeatPlates Addon so decided turn off the default Blizzard nameplates... however the Combo Point Gem things still show up and its bugging me, how do i get rid of these too?

  3. #15503
    I just want to be able to check my alts' calendar events without relogging every time. Does anyone know of a working, updated addon that can accomplish this?

  4. #15504
    I'm looking for a command to hide class (your own class) specific buffs and debuffs above the nameplates. See picture.

    Been checking https://wow.gamepedia.com/Console_variables ctrl-F "Nameplates" but I don't find anything.
    "nameplateShowDebuffsOnFriendly" is a command, but it's for friendly nameplates and all debuffs(?). I still want to see the icons for important CC (stuns etc), like default. I mean it must be possible to disable this wwmonk specific icons, since they are only visible there for myself (no one else sees my eye of the tiger and spinning crane buff there).

    "nameplateResourceOnTarget - Nameplate class resource overlay mode. 0=self, 1=target" sounds a bit right what I'm looking for, but it's not for the enemy plameplates - it's for the self player bar (in center of screen) that you enable in interface.


  5. #15505
    Generic question: it was quite some time ago that i did my own UI, and now i have my itch again after having meddled with code at the BfA release. I know for sure there is a way to use statusbars to "mask" textures and basically have a sort of "artwork that fills up", could be used also with text and i clearly remeber talking with zork about this, and even doing code/tests i even posted in the "post your UI" thread.

    Basically, i have lost all my code, only thing i've left is the old addons on WoWInterface i am using as a baseline to reconstruct stuff, though it's gonna be a lot of work (especially since it wasn't modular at all).

    So, anyone that knows how to do so and is willing to give me some pointers? I assume that once i see teh pseudo code i'll remember stuff.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  6. #15506
    StatusBar example:
    Code:
    local CreateStatusBar = function (parent,width,height,point,frame,to,x,y,nobackdrop, isVertical)
        local f = CreateFrame("StatusBar",nil,parent)
        local w = pixelperfect(width)
        local h = pixelperfect(height)
        f:SetWidth(w);
        f:SetHeight(h);
    
        if isVertical then
            f:SetOrientation("VERTICAL")
        end
    
        f:SetStatusBarTexture[[Interface\BUTTONS\WHITE8X8]]
        f:SetStatusBarColor(1,1,1)
    
        local bg = f:CreateTexture(nil,"ARTWORK",nil,-2)
        bg:SetTexture[[Interface\BUTTONS\WHITE8X8]]
        bg:SetAllPoints(f)
        bg:SetVertexColor(0.3, 0.3, 0.3)
        f.bg = bg
    
        f:SetPoint(point,frame,to,x,y)
        f.parent = parent
    
        return f
    end
    There are also actual texture masks
    Code:
    local mask = self:CreateMaskTexture(nil, "BACKGROUND", nil, 0)
        mask:SetTexture("Interface\\Addons\\tmask", "CLAMPTOWHITE", "CLAMPTOWHITE")
        mask:SetAllPoints(self)
        mainTexture:AddMaskTexture(mask)
    Last edited by d87; 2020-09-21 at 04:23 PM.

  7. #15507
    Thanks, will try it and see the outcome.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  8. #15508
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some help setting up my WA for Disc Priest since I don't have any experience in coding my custom triggers etc. So the effect Im looking for is a simple Cooldown which appears once the spell has like 10s left on its CD. Tried to google it but I couldn't find a good solution (and I don't want to set up multiple auras to achieve this effect cuz I know its possible to get just with one aura and some coding). Any help would be greatly appreciated

  9. #15509
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazarr View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some help setting up my WA for Disc Priest since I don't have any experience in coding my custom triggers etc. So the effect Im looking for is a simple Cooldown which appears once the spell has like 10s left on its CD. Tried to google it but I couldn't find a good solution (and I don't want to set up multiple auras to achieve this effect cuz I know its possible to get just with one aura and some coding). Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Just create from Template, select your Cooldown, shown when its up. Now, in the aura's condition tab, new condition (there will be only 1 trigger), select "is visible", condition = cooldown =< 10 secs

  10. #15510
    Quote Originally Posted by wetul View Post
    Just create from Template, select your Cooldown, shown when its up. Now, in the aura's condition tab, new condition (there will be only 1 trigger), select "is visible", condition = cooldown =< 10 secs
    I can't find the "is visible" condition no matter which Cooldown option I choose. When I'm looking at some auras I imported with a similar feature I always see some custom triggers but I can't really understand any of it
    Last edited by Kazarr; 2020-10-05 at 01:25 PM.

  11. #15511
    Hi All,
    is there an addon that will tell me when I hover over an item whether it is known as a transmog item for the relevant alts?
    For example, say my mage is a leatherworker, i'd like to be able to hover over the items it can make and see whether they are known already by my rogue/hunter/ etc.

    Thanks, Chebu

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi All,
    Chat/Event related question.
    Is there an addon that listens to world chat messages and if they correspond to a world event will pop up an alert box?
    For example, if you are in Azsuna (Legion) and the following system message appears in the world chat - "you hear a faint caw in the distance and then silence..." It means that the five crystals were collected and you've lost your chance of getting the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph this time around.
    So I need an addon that when "you hear a faint caw in the distance and then silence..." appears on the chat line, a message box with "Long-Forgotten Hippogryph was found" pops up, so I don't have to continue wasting my time.
    These can either be prepopulated in the addon, or I can do my own

    Thanks,
    Chebu

  12. #15512
    Hello, I would like my recipes list (cooking and tayloring) to stay collapsed when i close and reopen skill window.
    As of now, I'm cooking in pandaria and everytime I open the cooking list, BFA/Legion/Wod are expanded.
    Is there an addon (on simply a blizzard option) to keep list collapsed during a session ?

  13. #15513
    It seems that DBM is giving some sort of messages in chat even if i disable every possible chat message thing. Is there a way in LUA or w/e way i can completly block the chat messages from DBM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

  14. #15514
    Anyone know an addon that will let me choose mounts by zone type (flying mounts in flying zones, only ground mounts in ground zones)? Using the default Summon Random Favorite Mount button, it'll sometimes give me flying mounts in no-flying zones, like battlegrounds, and I don't want that.

  15. #15515
    Ok, currently in process of rewriting/updating my ui for SL, since prepatch is now out. Fortunately my old addons were for the most part managing standard frames so it hasn't been painful, at least until now.

    I'm rewriting the actionbar addon (lots of stuff i can optimize from function to reskinning buttons). Everything works so far, but i have troubles in managing the paging of the main action bar. Basically, when i use stealth/dance the main bar doesn't swap to the correct actionbar page so i see the "wrong buttons".

    I remember something about needing to registering the state of the bar/buttons. Though i'd like some help to not go randomly trying stuff out. The function basically reparents/reskins the standard buttons to a frame i created and repositioned, nothing more. Can provide code if needed.

    Thanks for anyone willing to help.

    EDIT: i managed to solve it in a very simple way - just reparenting/repositioning the MainMenuBarArtFrame to my own one basically moves the buttons without losing any kind of functionality. You only have to manually hide the textures.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-10-22 at 02:06 PM.
    No one wants to choose. Everyone wants everything.

  16. #15516
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Chula Vista CA
    Posts
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Talfy123 View Post
    I'm looking for a command to hide class (your own class) specific buffs and debuffs above the nameplates. See picture.

    Been checking https://wow.gamepedia.com/Console_variables ctrl-F "Nameplates" but I don't find anything.
    "nameplateShowDebuffsOnFriendly" is a command, but it's for friendly nameplates and all debuffs(?). I still want to see the icons for important CC (stuns etc), like default. I mean it must be possible to disable this wwmonk specific icons, since they are only visible there for myself (no one else sees my eye of the tiger and spinning crane buff there).

    "nameplateResourceOnTarget - Nameplate class resource overlay mode. 0=self, 1=target" sounds a bit right what I'm looking for, but it's not for the enemy plameplates - it's for the self player bar (in center of screen) that you enable in interface.

    ben looking for this aswell please quote me when someone helps thanks!

  17. #15517
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,832
    I used to run an addon that would set max distance of nameplates to 40 yards, instead of 60. The addon really just ran /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 40) on all characters. Apparently this command was disabled/protected a while back.

    Is there any other way to replicate this? I found it very convenient to only show nameplates on targets that were in range of my spells.

  18. #15518
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I used to run an addon that would set max distance of nameplates to 40 yards, instead of 60. The addon really just ran /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 40) on all characters. Apparently this command was disabled/protected a while back.

    Is there any other way to replicate this? I found it very convenient to only show nameplates on targets that were in range of my spells.
    Negative. Classic nameplate distance is hardcoded to 20 yards, retail is 60 yards. The command itself is fine, the internal code simply ignores it.


    addons
    weakauras
    Lua Wall of Shame
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

  19. #15519
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,832
    That's a shame. Thank you for the info.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •