Once upon a time, I had an addon that, when viewing the character panel, colored the border of my equipment according to the item's rarity (and did the same for the inspect panel). However, I've completely forgotten the name. Anyone remember it?

I'm using Stuf to handle my unit frames addon. I have a specific character name text cutoff (186 width, which comes out to about 12 characters using the size of my current font). Whenever a name is longer than those specific characters, the text moves to a new line underneath which cuts off what is under it. How can I make it use dots to finish the name, meaning when the name is longer than 12 characters it finishes it off with ... (Raider's Traini..., for example)

Anyone have any other suggestions? Here's a pic since my explanation is kind of complicated and probably poorly worded.

Need help of the following Code:

The following code is what i use to indicate buffs, same effect as Power Aura. However i find it isn't like WOW built-in feature that shows only left effect when buff stacks 1 time and shows both left & right effects when buff stacks more than 1 time. Is there any way to make it work like built-in feature, and even add timer to indicate buff's left time? Thanks a lot

PSF=CreateFrame("FRAME")
    PSF:RegisterEvent("UNIT_AURA");
    PSF:SetScript('OnEvent',function()

o=0
    for i=1,40 do
    _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,id=UnitAura("Player",i)
    if id==117828 then SpellActivationOverlay_ShowOverlay

(SpellActivationOverlayFrame,117828,"TEXTURES\\SPELLACTIVATIONOVERLAYS\\molten_core.

BLP","LEFT",1,255,255,255,false,false)
    o=1
    end
    end
    if o==0 then SpellActivationOverlay_HideOverlays(SpellActivationOverlayFrame,117828)
    end
    end)
    Last edited by mchwxj; 2012-12-06 at 02:36 PM.

What addons will I need...

Evening guys.

Im interested in designing my own interface and what to be able to customize the following as simply as possible....

Name Plates (the default ones at top left) including the skin
    Bar positions (including different skins)
    Move the map
    Some kind of map addon that shows zone levels (like titan used to)

Could anyone suggest reliable addons that would allow me to do the following as Ive done this in the past with lesser known ones and theyve been discontinued!

Thanks a ton,

Slips
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-07 at 05:27 AM.

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legionfalls View Post
    I'm using Stuf to handle my unit frames addon. I have a specific character name text cutoff (186 width, which comes out to about 12 characters using the size of my current font). Whenever a name is longer than those specific characters, the text moves to a new line underneath which cuts off what is under it. How can I make it use dots to finish the name, meaning when the name is longer than 12 characters it finishes it off with ... (Raider's Traini..., for example)

Anyone have any other suggestions? Here's a pic since my explanation is kind of complicated and probably poorly worded.
    Reduce the height of the text field.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slipper View Post
    Evening guys.

Im interested in designing my own interface and what to be able to customize the following as simply as possible....

Move the map

Could anyone suggest reliable addons that would allow me to do the following as Ive done this in the past with lesser known ones and theyve been discontinued!

Thanks a ton,

Slips

** Just seen sticky at front - could a lovely mod move this for me - Sorry! **
    For name plates, I'd suggest Tidy Plates - you can use one of the premade skins for it, or make your own skins (done in lua, outside of wow).
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-07 at 05:27 AM.

Deleted
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it do that by default now?

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it do that by default now?
    Indeed it does, and since 5.1 pet levels for petbattles

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:20 AM ----------

Evening guys.

Move the map

Thanks a ton,

Slips
    If by Bar positions you mean the ActionBars then Dominos or Bartender are the two most popular ones. Masque to skin their icons. As for moving the map, two options.
    1: get the addon MoveAnything, you'll be able to move the default map with that and literally everything else if need be.
    2: get the addon SexyMap(or any other map addon, but this is the more commonly used one i believe). This can skin the map in various ways and even make it square, plus it's movable as well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 06:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    For name plates, I'd suggest Tidy Plates - you can use one of the premade skins for it, or make your own skins (done in lua, outside of wow).
    I think he actually means the unit frames. "the default ones at top left"

Stuf unit frames or Shadowed unit frames are the two most used ones. I personally prefer Stuf unit frames as I find it has WAY more customizing.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-12-07 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Indeed it does, and since 5.1 pet levels for petbattles

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:20 AM ----------

If by Bar positions you mean the ActionBars then Dominos or Bartender are the two most popular ones. Masque to skin their icons. As for moving the map, two options.
    1: get the addon MoveAnything, you'll be able to move the default map with that and literally everything else if need be.
    2: get the addon SexyMap(or any other map addon, but this is the more commonly used one i believe). This can skin the map in various ways and even make it square, plus it's movable as well.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 06:04 AM ----------

I think he actually means the unit frames. "the default ones at top left"

Stuf unit frames or Shadowed unit frames are the two most used ones. I personally prefer Stuf unit frames as I find it has WAY more customizing.
    Perfect thanks - and yes meant Unit Frames couldn't remember the name!

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

Deleted
    Dont know if this is the right forum section to ask but I was looking on my wow printscreen map and found this old picture for TBC, do anyone know what addons I use there?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...808211422.jpg/

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by olessie View Post
    Dont know if this is the right forum section to ask but I was looking on my wow printscreen map and found this old picture for TBC, do anyone know what addons I use there?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...808211422.jpg/

Cheers.
    Looks to me like xperl (unit frames [hp/mp/portraits]), recount (dps), bartender (hotkeys/game menu/etc), satrina buff frames (buff timers), deadly boss mods (boss alerts), and some sort of generic minimap addon.

Deleted
    Hey guys I have a quick question: I recently got into high rated rbgs, and as a priest it is crucial to mass dispell certain debuffs (ring of frost freeze, poly, etc). But in such a big group, it's kinda hard to see and I need to notice those debuffs on the raid frames. But the icons are too small, is there any way to increase the size of the icons? I didn't want to get an addon for it since my wow already has some "slowing" problems.

I used to have a line displaying my cooldowns (with icons moving from right to left as time passed) as shown in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYkPI3V1t2s
    Does anyone happen to know what it is called? any help would be greatly appreciated! <333

Quote Originally Posted by Ithic View Post
    I used to have a line displaying my cooldowns (with icons moving from right to left as time passed) as shown in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYkPI3V1t2s
    Does anyone happen to know what it is called? any help would be greatly appreciated! <333
    There's three addons that all do this.
    1.ForteXorcist
    2.Sexycooldown
    3.Coolline

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    There's three addons that all do this.
    1.ForteXorcist
    2.Sexycooldown
    3.Coolline
    Thanks. You nailed it <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    Hey guys I have a quick question: I recently got into high rated rbgs, and as a priest it is crucial to mass dispell certain debuffs (ring of frost freeze, poly, etc). But in such a big group, it's kinda hard to see and I need to notice those debuffs on the raid frames. But the icons are too small, is there any way to increase the size of the icons? I didn't want to get an addon for it since my wow already has some "slowing" problems.
    Try this one.

Deleted
    I have some scripts for messing with the new Lose of Control added in 5.1. And rather than having to type/macro that everytime i log into the game, i was wondering if anyone would be a kind soul, and turn it into LUA code, so i could stuff it in an addon instead.

Code:
    Moveable:
    /run LossOfControlFrame:ClearAllPoints() LossOfControlFrame:SetPoint("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER",0,-200)

Hide red borders:
    /run select(2,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0) select(3,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0)

Hide background/shadow:
    /run select(1,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0)
    Last edited by mmoc0c19432c2d; 2012-12-09 at 07:17 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/BiUCD.jpg

Need the box shadows for action bars gone. Not sure if this was an addon or an in game thing, but it's been bugging the heck outta me the last few months.
    Last edited by epicchaos; 2012-12-09 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    I have some scripts for messing with the new Lose of Control added in 5.1. And rather than having to type/macro that everytime i log into the game, i was wondering if anyone would be a kind soul, and turn it into LUA code, so i could stuff it in an addon instead.
    Guide: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...lve-easy-steps
    Code:
    --Moveable:
    LossOfControlFrame:ClearAllPoints() LossOfControlFrame:SetPoint("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER",0,-200)

--Hide red borders:
    select(2,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0) select(3,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0)

--Hide background/shadow:
    select(1,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0)

---------- Post added 2012-12-09 at 09:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by epicchaos View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/BiUCD.jpg

Need the box shadows for action bars gone. Not sure if this was an addon or an in game thing, but it's been bugging the heck outta me the last few months.
    Are you using Masque/ButtonFacade? What happens if you type "/framestack" in chat and mouse over those borders?
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2012-12-09 at 08:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Code:
    --Moveable:
    LossOfControlFrame:ClearAllPoints() LossOfControlFrame:SetPoint("CENTER",UIParent,"CENTER",0,-200)

--Hide red borders:
    select(2,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0) select(3,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0)

--Hide background/shadow:
    select(1,LossOfControlFrame:GetRegions()):SetAlpha(0)
    Well that was rather easy, thank You good sir/madam!