I know this may not be the right place, but is there a way to track lootable objects on the map? I understand that gathermate/gatherer is similar to this but not exactly what I was looking for. It's would be kind of like Npc scan but with objects on the map, such for finding the lost and found items on the ground or even certain herbs/ore. A major example would be the way Npc scan works as it plays a sound when it has found a rare, though is there a way to make an addon track objects as stated above to do the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malicus View Post
    I know this may not be the right place, but is there a way to track lootable objects on the map? I understand that gathermate/gatherer is similar to this but not exactly what I was looking for. It's would be kind of like Npc scan but with objects on the map, such for finding the lost and found items on the ground or even certain herbs/ore. A major example would be the way Npc scan works as it plays a sound when it has found a rare, though is there a way to make an addon track objects as stated above to do the same?
    I believe this is not possible, or it might be, but it is against the ToS.

Hey guys,

I've set up a KgPanel button to show/hide a bartender frame. It works perfectly fine for one bar, but what I want it to do is hide/show both bar1 and bar2. I can't seem to get it to do both. Here's my current script for hide/show:

-- OnClick

if pressed then
    if BT4Bar1:IsVisible() then
    Bartender4.Bar.barregistry["1"]:SetVisibilityOption("always" ,true)
    else Bartender4.Bar.barregistry["1"]:SetVisibilityOption("always" ,false)
    end
    end

Anyone know how to get it to do both bar 1 and bar 2 in one button? Thanks for any help!!

Deleted
    Alright so after searching like a mad man, I decided to ask for help. I really want this black unitframe thingy on all my frames. How do I get it?

Picture:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chult View Post
    Hey guys,

I've set up a KgPanel button to show/hide a bartender frame. It works perfectly fine for one bar, but what I want it to do is hide/show both bar1 and bar2. I can't seem to get it to do both. Here's my current script for hide/show:

<snip>

Anyone know how to get it to do both bar 1 and bar 2 in one button? Thanks for any help!!
    Code:
    if pressed then
        else
            Bartender4.Bar.barregistry["1"]:SetVisibilityOption("always" ,false)
        end
        if BT4Bar2:IsVisible() then
            Bartender4.Bar.barregistry["2"]:SetVisibilityOption("always" ,true)
        else
            Bartender4.Bar.barregistry["2"]:SetVisibilityOption("always" ,false)
        end
    end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    if pressed then
        else
            Bartender4.Bar.barregistry["1"]:SetVisibilityOption("always" ,false)
        end
        if BT4Bar2:IsVisible() then
            Bartender4.Bar.barregistry["2"]:SetVisibilityOption("always" ,true)
        else
            Bartender4.Bar.barregistry["2"]:SetVisibilityOption("always" ,false)
        end
    end
    I tried copy n paste it and it didnt work. How do I do it?

Edit: Does this only work with Bartender? Im using the blizzard one
    Last edited by mmoc8ad94095c0; 2012-12-10 at 07:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annelot View Post
    Does this only work with Bartender? Im using the blizzard one
    If you look at the quote in my post, I was responding to the guy above you.

Deleted
    If you look at the quote in my post, I was responding to the guy above you.
    Oh lol sorry! Kinda tired :-P

I tried copy n paste it and it didnt work. How do I do it?

Edit: Does this only work with Bartender? Im using the blizzard one

Awesome, worked like a charm. Ty again Treeston, you're a huge help!!!

Deleted
    LF an addon that helps calculate the most profitable route through the "ore shuffle", I used one in Cataclysm which worked from the AH data but have reinstalled and forgotten the name

Looking for some help.

I want to replace the defaulth wow blizzard for my own portrait, and my targets portrait with something more fancy and pretty. Will I need to install something complete UI package to get this? I heard about something called Pitbull.

I noticied ElvUI had some nice skins, but I do kinda feel a hole UI is not what I need.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Looking for some help.

I want to replace the defaulth wow blizzard for my own portrait, and my targets portrait with something more fancy and pretty. Will I need to install something complete UI package to get this? I heard about something called Pitbull.

I noticied ElvUI had some nice skins, but I do kinda feel a hole UI is not what I need.
    PitBull, Shadowed Unit Frames, X-Perl, oUF, Stuf, UnitFramesImproved and many more. Basically any addon with "unit frames" in its name is what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicus View Post
    It won't play a sound alert because that's not possible, but HandyNotes with the Lost and Found module adds icons to the world and minimaps for you along the lines of Gatherer and, to a more garish extent, NPCScan Overlay.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Deleted
    Alright so after searching like a mad man, I decided to ask for help. I really want this black unitframe thingy on all my frames. How do I get it?

Picture:
    Still need some help :<

Still need some help :<
    It looks kind of like the unit frames in SolvexxUI.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:02 AM ----------

I'm also in a bit of need myself. I messed around a bit in Skada's files to add a border to every bar. I succeed with doing so, but I'm having troubles with the background. I want a black background at 10% opacity, but with the code I added to get the bars, every time the bars are created (by starting a new combat segment or just going back and forth in the menu) the opacity increases by 10% (see image). Does anyone have experience with lua editing in Skada and know where to move or how to change my code so that stays at 10% opacity?

I added this code after the bar initialization in BarDisplay.lua
    Code:
    line259-- Initialization of bars.
    bar = mod:CreateBar(win, barid, barlabel, data.value, win.metadata.maxvalue or 1, data.icon, false)
    bar.id = data.id
    --inserting border stuff
    local frame = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, bar)
    frame:ClearAllPoints()
    frame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", bar, "TOPLEFT", -1, 1)
    frame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", bar, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 1, -1)
    frame:SetBackdrop({
    	edgeFile = [=[Interface\ChatFrame\ChatFrameBackground]=], edgeSize = 1,
    	bgFile = [=[Interface\ChatFrame\ChatFrameBackground]=],
    	insets = {left = 1, right = 1, top = 1, bottom = 1}})
    frame:SetFrameLevel(bar:GetFrameLevel())
    frame:SetBackdropColor(0, 0, 0, .1)
    frame:SetBackdropBorderColor(0, 0, 0)
    -- inserting border stuff end
    Edit: I can avoid the eventual black background by just having 0% opacity background, but I'd prefer the 10% opacity if possible.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2012-12-11 at 06:05 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you so much Sakpoth!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I'm also in a bit of need myself. I messed around a bit in Skada's files to add a border to every bar. I succeed with doing so, but I'm having troubles with the background. I want a black background at 10% opacity, but with the code I added to get the bars, every time the bars are created (by starting a new combat segment or just going back and forth in the menu) the opacity increases by 10% (see image). Does anyone have experience with lua editing in Skada and know where to move or how to change my code so that stays at 10% opacity?

I added this code after the bar initialization in BarDisplay.lua
    Code:
    <snip>
    Edit: I can avoid the eventual black background by just having 0% opacity background, but I'd prefer the 10% opacity if possible.
    I'd say you create the frame every time.
    Code:
    --inserting border stuff
    if not bar.bg then
        local frame = CreateFrame("Frame", nil, bar)
        frame:ClearAllPoints()
        frame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", bar, "TOPLEFT", -1, 1)
        frame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", bar, "BOTTOMRIGHT", 1, -1)
        frame:SetBackdrop({
        	edgeFile = [=[Interface\ChatFrame\ChatFrameBackground]=], edgeSize = 1,
        	bgFile = [=[Interface\ChatFrame\ChatFrameBackground]=],
        	insets = {left = 1, right = 1, top = 1, bottom = 1}})
        frame:SetFrameLevel(bar:GetFrameLevel())
        frame:SetBackdropColor(0, 0, 0, .1)
        frame:SetBackdropBorderColor(0, 0, 0)
        bar.bg = frame
    end
    -- inserting border stuff end

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for an addon for when I play my Shadow Priest and have to keep two+ mobs multidotted the entire fight. I want an addon that will tell me when DoTs will fall off a certain target, and bonus points if it creates a seperate portrait or notification for every mob that I put a DoT on.

I'd say you create the frame every time.
    <snip>
    Thanks, that solved it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aceda View Post
    I'm looking for an addon for when I play my Shadow Priest and have to keep two+ mobs multidotted the entire fight. I want an addon that will tell me when DoTs will fall off a certain target, and bonus points if it creates a seperate portrait or notification for every mob that I put a DoT on.
    ForteXorcist creates timer bars for every target you dot up, I believe you can also do this with Raven and WeakAuras.

FX comes with every features activated out of the box and you will most likely end up with disabling 90% of it, while with Raven and WeakAuras you'll have to manually add the features you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    PitBull, Shadowed Unit Frames, X-Perl, oUF, Stuf, UnitFramesImproved and many more. Basically any addon with "unit frames" in its name is what you're looking for.
    Thanks alot, gonna try out Shadowed Unit Frames. Likely gonna sub for a month soon, and to do something out of the ordinary one of my plans is to set my UI better up. So far so good
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO