Deleted
    I found out those icons are just a font.
    But now Id like to get me some lua code to print a text string according to what party member is healer, tank or dps.

Any lua guru around? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    I found out those icons are just a font.
    But now Id like to get me some lua code to print a text string according to what party member is healer, tank or dps.

Any lua guru around? :-)
    A: You asked the same question in three different threads all in the same day. Stick to this one since its the appropriate one.

B: They are not fonts, they are icons stored in UI-LFG-ICON-ROLES.blp. I've changed mine and use Stuf unit frames. Edit the blp file. Place it in Stuf's media folder and then edit part of one line in icons.lua to point it to "interface\AddOns\Stuf\media\UI-LFG-ICON-ROLES. tga" instead of "interface\LFGFrame\UI-LFG-ICON-ROLES".

The first answer you got from tordenflesk with the link gave you all the info you need.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-12-16 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Ok, sorry for the doubleposting.

I did a search for the original UI-LFG-ICON-ROLES.blp file but nothing came up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

AFAIK it's treated as existing in the interface folder but within an MPQ. When you place one in the interface folder it will replace it in game.

There are ways to extract the files, but its much easier to just download the "missing textures" packs for an addon called Aurora, it contains the appropriate .blp file. http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info19980.html Get something to convert the blp to png, edit it how you like in photoshop or whatever you use. Save it as a .tga.

I downloaded the oUF and looked around in its files. Turns out for that specific addon those "icons" are in fact a font. (so my bad there) Labeled "symbols.ttf". I could not find a single line of code at all that uses it for the role icons, it just had the usual "interface\LFGFrame\UI-LFG-ICON-ROLES" Pointing it to use default blizz icons. So no clue what so ever how it uses a .ttf font file that has well over 10 different symbols in it. How would it even know what symbol to use.

Honestly probably better off just using those oUF frames if you really want the different icons. It's really a lot of work and hassle changing these type of things.
    Last edited by bOOURNS; 2012-12-16 at 12:20 PM.

They are fonts like i mentioned before, and made with a tag in oUF, not sure how stuf works with custom lua.. so if you want that exact look. the font would save you some time.

oUF.Tags.Methods['LFD'] = function(u)
    local role = UnitGroupRolesAssigned(u)
    if role == 'HEALER' then
    return '|cff8AFF30H|r'
    elseif role == 'TANK' then
    return '|cff5F9BFFT|r'
    elseif role == 'DAMAGER' then
    return '|cffFF6161D|r'
    end
    end
    oUF.Tags.Events['LFD'] = 'PLAYER_ROLES_ASSIGNED PARTY_MEMBERS_CHANGED'

Deleted
    Myeah, the problem with that is I use Stuf unitframes and the lua code is probably a bit different and I'm not really a good coder.
    Think I'll give it a try with the textures.

bOOURNS: you are also using Stuf right, do you mind pointing out where exactly in the lua I have to change the path for those icons?

edit: think I have found it. Just a matter of getting my own icons pixel perfect. Do I have to make them 16x16 or can I go bigger and then just scale ingame?
    Last edited by mmoc51af1d1acc; 2012-12-16 at 01:09 PM.

Hey all,

I got a question about UIs. Ive been editing my UI for a time now and I am very glad about the result. Its just one thing I would like to see an addon could do. Maybe there is an addon out there that does exactly what I want it to do.

For those of you who have tried ElvUI and such know there is possible to hide certain things with just a click. I am not using ElvUI so I would like an addon that is standalone for this feature. I would like that the addon could do that for me to hide my chat on the left side and recount on the right side. the buttons I would like to use for this would be hidden when Im not using it but visible as soon as I hover over it. the button would be hidden and standing against each side of my bars. One for Left to hide chat and right one to hide Recount.

I hope this is detailed for you guys to understand and if you know an addon that does this then I would really appreciate if you helped me with this.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyAgain View Post
    Hey all,

I got a question about UIs. Ive been editing my UI for a time now and I am very glad about the result. Its just one thing I would like to see an addon could do. Maybe there is an addon out there that does exactly what I want it to do.

For those of you who have tried ElvUI and such know there is possible to hide certain things with just a click. I am not using ElvUI so I would like an addon that is standalone for this feature. I would like that the addon could do that for me to hide my chat on the left side and recount on the right side. the buttons I would like to use for this would be hidden when Im not using it but visible as soon as I hover over it. the button would be hidden and standing against each side of my bars. One for Left to hide chat and right one to hide Recount.

I hope this is detailed for you guys to understand and if you know an addon that does this then I would really appreciate if you helped me with this.

Thank you!
    Have a look at Kong Automatic UI Hider.

Quote Originally Posted by TellyTop View Post
    Have a look at.
    Was not allowed to post a link.

That is a nice addon but not really what I am looking for. I am looking for an addon that I can create a little button which fades when I am not hovering over it and if I do it shows itself and I can click it to hide/show the chat and one that does the same thing for recount. I want to be able to put the button where I want so I know where it is. I want an addon like this since I have a very minimalistic ui and want to make it even more minimalistic by being able to do what I just wrote about for an addon. If anyone know an addon that does exactly this it would be very appreciated if I could get a link for it.

As I also said this is possible to do with ElvUi but I am not using ElvUi. What I want is a standalone addon which does the same thing.

I want it to be a hidden arrow I can click to show/hide the chat as for recount.

Is there, by any chance, an addon that does this?

Thanks in advance and sorry for a big post!

I have two questions regarding Grid2 and target buffs/debuffs.

While raiding I don't get any Raiddebuffs displayed on Grid 2 eventhough my Centered Icon is on and adjusted to show them. Any issues know? As far as I know got the newest version.

How do I change the border style of target buffs/debuffs. I use the icon mod Clean Icons, and every Icon is altered except those two....even using raven + masque won't change them arcordingly. With masque and raven on they show at least a white border...but not the Bordestyle a selected.

Screeny inc.

http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/3107/p4fmnwhd_jpg.htm

Not sure how to make a mini preview.

[Edit] I got it with the Buffs

Grid2 though doesn't seem to work...
    Last edited by Brother; 2012-12-17 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Maybe its the color setting of your borders that's set to white.
    I had that when I was configuring my unitframes.

I tried to turn them off completely but I did not change...well when changing them to Debuff coloured eg. green border for poison it did change the colour...but besides the white colour i did not chose this border theme...this is whats bugging me...
    Even without Masque and raven, every single icon changes but not the target related ones.

[Edit] Thanks zecxx, I tried this option some day ago, but somehow now it works^^ Maybe I missed a button
    Last edited by Brother; 2012-12-17 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Everytime I log in I see some weird "cat icon cooldown" on my Coolline.
    Does anyone know what that is and how I can turn that off, tried everything in the options but nothing works.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what that is and how I can turn that off, tried everything in the options but nothing works.
    Reverse image search the icon.

I might be wrong but that icon is when you first log in you are worth no honor for like 10 seconds or so. It show as a buff I believe and that's why you see it.

Deleted
    Hi there,

I´ve searched for a really awesome chi bar for my windwalker monk and i found this Youtuber: /watch?v=DEcevpITCr
    I was flashed and now i want it can anyone tell how to make this or give me a clue where i can get it.

so far

Deleted
    Any unit frame addon that can combine 2 filtering methods ? I want to be able to see my debuffs on the target but also a specific debuff. Sth like elvui has that it can apply an additional filter.

Would it be possible to make a WeakAura that displays a snapshot of the amount of vengeance I had the last time I casted Sacred Shield?
    Last edited by Elathi; 2012-12-18 at 03:21 AM.

Anyone know how to get rid of these (I assume) remnants of the default Boss frames? They are merely tables when I look at them with fstack.
    http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_120112_17uwykf.jpg
    http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_121712_221iaoi.jpg
    If not, which texture(s) do I need to make transparent as a "fix"?