I am running a older computer and I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon unless wow becomes unplayable. Could someone give me some addon alternatives that are easier on WoW preformance then my current addons.

xperl unit and raid frames
    titan panel
    bartender
    bagon
    chatter
    sexymap
    DBM
    skada
    auctionator -- only because it makes browsing and selling easier but I don't play the AH game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd57 View Post
    I am running a older computer and I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon unless wow becomes unplayable. Could someone give me some addon alternatives that are easier on WoW preformance then my current addons.

xperl unit and raid frames
    titan panel
    bartender
    bagon
    chatter
    sexymap
    DBM
    skada
    auctionator -- only because it makes browsing and selling easier but I don't play the AH game.
    Some more details on what exactly you need in features would help.
    What do you need your raid and unit frames to tell you.
    What features do you need from a bag addon, your minimap, your chat.

The main culprits in being resource hogs are the damage meters and combat text addons, and if you really do need to see a damage meter at short notice or during combat then you won't find anything much different to what skada is doing.
    Auctionator or similar addons are using very little resources when not scanning the auction house, so should have having little to no impact on your performance any other time.
    Simply reading from a static database, which unless you are hovering over buttons or items in bags should not be happening during combat, and can most likely be turned off unless a certain key is held to display the extra tooltip.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-04-17 at 03:14 PM.

[QUOTE=Shepherd57;20851661]I am running a older computer and I don't plan to upgrade anytime soon unless wow becomes unplayable. Could someone give me some addon alternatives that are easier on WoW preformance then my current addons.

xperl unit and raid frames --- I'd try an oUF layout such as Mlight
    titan panel --- Can be achieved with lightweight broker addons (although a lot of this info is pointless in my mind)
    bartender ---- about as lightweight as you get
    bagon ----ame as above
    chatter ----could try rChat by zorker - its quite lightweight
    sexymap ---- qMinimap is simple and lightweight
    DBM ----- thi i a heavy addon but its the only one out there.
    skada ----- alDamageMeter i verrrrrry lightweight compared to skada and recount
    auctionator -- auctionator sucks...period. then again...i could care less about working the AH.

Alot of these addon are nice too because they can be skinned to make your UI feel N-SYNC (BAM! I DID IT!) [SharedMedia, LibSharedMedia comes to mind]

Anywho this is all just my opinion and I'm sure you'l get a myriad of different answers soooo. YAH!

Quote Originally Posted by Rzsphex View Post
    DBM ----- thi i a heavy addon but its the only one out there.
    BigWigs says hello.

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    BigWigs says hello.
    I was referring to cpu usage. There are other boss mods availible. I also know that BigWigs is less than DBM in terms of usage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzsphex View Post
    I was referring to cpu usage. There are other boss mods availible. I also know that BigWigs is less than DBM in terms of usage.
    No, you weren't. The only way that statement can be read as is that DBM's heavy but that you're "stuck with it" because "its the only one out there"

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    No, you weren't. The only way that statement can be read as is that DBM's heavy but that you're "stuck with it" because "its the only one out there"
    Allow me to channel my inner Norman Bates when i say, "Yes, Mother."

I use skada to review my performance outside of combat and use it as a threat meter during combat. I used to run omen, but I had skada open so I figure it is just as good at telling me threat.

I just wondered if there was a lighter unit frame add on that might not require the processing power that xperl does. I am not saying xperl uses a lot, but there might be something lighter weight.

Thanks for responding.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 01:41 PM ----------

Thanks for the response. I think I will try rchat.

is Shadowed Unit Frames lighter than xperl?

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd57 View Post
    I use skada to review my performance outside of combat and use it as a threat meter during combat. I used to run omen, but I had skada open so I figure it is just as good at telling me threat.

I just wondered if there was a lighter unit frame add on that might not require the processing power that xperl does. I am not saying xperl uses a lot, but there might be something lighter weight.

Thanks for responding.

---------- Post added 2013-04-17 at 01:41 PM ----------

Thanks for the response. I think I will try rchat.

is Shadowed Unit Frames lighter than xperl?
    In regards to threat meter and dps meter - Zorker has a skin for alDamageMeter that he has rolled together with his own low-usage threat addon called rThreat.

I use it for Prot Warr tanking and its quite lovely.

Also, Stuf Unit Frames is a good ligthweight option compared to other bulky ones.
    Last edited by Rzsphex; 2013-04-17 at 06:04 PM.

Hi guys! I'am currently having a problem with my UI and really can't seem to solve it.
    This is my UI, it's something I've been using for years now and it's working fine for me : http://i46.tinypic.com/k4c9sn.jpg

Problem I have is with the "tiny debuff and buff meters" on Sexycooldown when I target someone or a boss. I can't find the option to turn them off.

Secondly, I have a small resolution and only limited amount of space, anyone has a good addon for UI-frames for bosses? The Blizzard UI standard is "ok" but would prefer more detailed ones where I could track my own DoTs (if possible).

Thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Razzax View Post
    Hi guys! I'am currently having a problem with my UI and really can't seem to solve it.
    This is my UI, it's something I've been using for years now and it's working fine for me : http://i46.tinypic.com/k4c9sn.jpg

Problem I have is with the "tiny debuff and buff meters" on Sexycooldown when I target someone or a boss. I can't find the option to turn them off.

Secondly, I have a small resolution and only limited amount of space, anyone has a good addon for UI-frames for bosses? The Blizzard UI standard is "ok" but would prefer more detailed ones where I could track my own DoTs (if possible).

Thanks for looking!
    That's Quartz. Odd thing for a cast-bar addon to have.

Deleted
    Hmm my Dominos (skinned with Masque) have perfect borders but when I try to move them they get borked up (they get a really thick border on the left side) and I can't for the life om me remember how I got borders to show properly.

How do you setup a Skada window, where it shows current target damage done. So say you're on one mob (i.e. the Loa on Council of Elders) you can see who is damaging it, but when you go back to another target, it automatically switches back to show you the damage done for that attempt on that mob (i.e. Sul)

Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    Hmm my Dominos (skinned with Masque) have perfect borders but when I try to move them they get borked up (they get a really thick border on the left side) and I can't for the life om me remember how I got borders to show properly.
    You'll likely have to add 0.5 to their X position.

Hello Mmo-Champ add-on geniuses, I'm looking for an addon to track raid attendance. My guild currently uses RCLootCouncil to handle our loot council voting in raids (Anything you guys think is better, please recommend). We want to have an addon that allows us to easily view raid attendance among all of our officers. We currently just use gut feeling, but we would like something a little more solid. I'm thinking a DKP tracker would be one of the better ways to view this.... However I'm open to just about anything.
    Bonus points if I can export to a website.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Hello Mmo-Champ add-on geniuses, I'm looking for an addon to track raid attendance. My guild currently uses RCLootCouncil to handle our loot council voting in raids (Anything you guys think is better, please recommend). We want to have an addon that allows us to easily view raid attendance among all of our officers. We currently just use gut feeling, but we would like something a little more solid. I'm thinking a DKP tracker would be one of the better ways to view this.... However I'm open to just about anything.
    Bonus points if I can export to a website.
    Could This be something along the lines of what you are looking for?

Ok so I'm attempting to skin the buttons for m_Bags with this code

Code:
    local addon, ns = ...
    local cfg = CreateFrame("Frame")

-- Player bags settings
    cfg.bags = { 
    	general = {
    		font = "Interface\\Addons\\Lily_Media\\Fonts\\pf_ronda_seven.TTF",
    		font_size = 8,
    }	
    	local Textures = {
    		Background = [[Interface\AddOns\m_Bags\media\texture.tga]],
    		Border = [[Interface\AddOns\m_Bags\media\glowTex.tga]],
    }
    	position = {"BOTTOMRIGHT", "UIParent", "BOTTOMRIGHT", -32, 215},
    	columns = 10,
    	scale = 0.96,
    	sets = true,
    }

-- Bank settings
    cfg.bank = { 
    	position = {"BOTTOMRIGHT", "m_BagsMain", "BOTTOMLEFT", -25, 0},
    	columns = 12,
    	scale = 0.96,
    	sets = false,
    }

-- handover
    ns.cfg = cfg

However I get this error when I reload in-game:

Code:
    Message: Interface\AddOns\m_Bags\cfg.lua:10: '}' expected (to close '{' at line 5) near 'local'
    Time: 04/21/13 23:38:19
    Count: 1
    Stack: 
    Locals:
    I'm a total scrub when it comes to lua, but I've understood that it tells me that ( is expected somewhere to close { somewhere near "local" but I cannot figure out where exactly as I've attempted several different possibilities only resulting in giving me another error somewhere else :P

Have to keep your table structure sound and make sure to close { with } and keep a , between each table element.

I.e
    Code:
    local Table = {
    	element1 = "1",
    	element2 = {
    		rawr = "pewpew",
    	},
    }
    Code:
    local addon, ns = ...
    local cfg = CreateFrame("Frame")

-- Player bags settings
    cfg.bags = { 
    	general = {
    		font = "Interface\\Addons\\Lily_Media\\Fonts\\pf_ronda_seven.TTF",
    		font_size = 8,
    	},
    	Textures = {
    		Background = [[Interface\AddOns\m_Bags\media\texture.tga]],
    		Border = [[Interface\AddOns\m_Bags\media\glowTex.tga]],
    	},
    	position = {"BOTTOMRIGHT", "UIParent", "BOTTOMRIGHT", -32, 215},
    	columns = 10,
    	scale = 0.96,
    	sets = true,
    }

-- Bank settings
    cfg.bank = { 
    	position = {"BOTTOMRIGHT", "m_BagsMain", "BOTTOMLEFT", -25, 0},
    	columns = 12,
    	scale = 0.96,
    	sets = false,
    }

-- handover
    ns.cfg = cfg

Thanks for the help Nibel <3
    Got no errors now, but the buttons within the bags are still not getting skinned, sadly :/

May have to post your entire code for someone to look over