Deleted
    Hey,
    I'm wondering if I were to use a nice ammount of AddOns it says in the system micro-bar in WoW "26,54 MB" and I notice my game is aLOT smoother without any AdddOns, so my question: are AddOns (mostly like ElvUI, recount, bartender) heavily using RAM or CPU power? because I have 8 GB of ram so I dont understand why it would start to lag

Quote Originally Posted by Otzsx View Post
    Hey,
    I'm wondering if I were to use a nice ammount of AddOns it says in the system micro-bar in WoW "26,54 MB" and I notice my game is aLOT smoother without any AdddOns, so my question: are AddOns (mostly like ElvUI, recount, bartender) heavily using RAM or CPU power? because I have 8 GB of ram so I dont understand why it would start to lag
    CPU usage is what will hurt performance usually, particularly those which are parsing the combat log.
    Damage Meters such as Recount are typical causes.
    Try disabling that specifcally, or if you are in need of less information look at some of the less demanding ones like Skada which record a lot less information.
    Depending on your needs, you could even consider logging the combat and uploading to a 3rd party resource like World of Logs if you only need the meters during raid encounters.

Looking for a really simple health bar, both for myself and my target.
    Something really simple, lightweight and clean.
    (I do not wish this addon to change my whole UI, I enjoy playing with default, except health bars... Blizzard is silly to not let us choose between several options!)

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Looking for a really simple health bar, both for myself and my target.
    Something really simple, lightweight and clean.
    (I do not wish this addon to change my whole UI, I enjoy playing with default, except health bars... Blizzard is silly to not let us choose between several options!)
    any1? /10charrr

hey,
    does any addon exist that will show real-time CPU usage for installed addons? i believe my FPS ingame is being limited by one or more addon that is choking up my processor.
    as i am using older hardware, my main decision point for selecting which addons i will use depends on their CPU usage, so this information would be very handy to have!
    thanks
    PS. i know what the "memory usage" statistic that the default wow UI provides for addons. this is not related to that. i need CPU usage, a different stat.

Brodiator, looking for something like this? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...faceUsage.html

Found another one as well, this is a broker plugin - https://code.google.com/p/brokercpu/ and the WOWUI link - http://www.wowinterface.com/download...rformance.html
    Last edited by Theiea; 2013-07-04 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey everyone.
    I just updated my Tukui Skins to the most recent version 1.35 and well.. it kind of broke more than it updated.
    Anyone got the old version around? Ofcourse I didn't make a backup >.>

EDIT:
    Nevermind, Azil brought out an update pretty quick.
    Last edited by Drianaa; 2013-07-05 at 08:47 PM.

Deleted

Using QuseMaps and I just got this border way lower than usual, any way to fix it :S

Deleted
    How do you move your and your enemy's portraits around? Seems like everyone's got them centered, except me.

Quote Originally Posted by zanexlol View Post
    How do you move your and your enemy's portraits around? Seems like everyone's got them centered, except me.
    If using the default, and not a replacement then there should be an unlock option if you right-click the frames.
    Unlock, drag them to where you want them, and then right-click again for a lock option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If using the default, and not a replacement then there should be an unlock option if you right-click the frames.
    Unlock, drag them to where you want them, and then right-click again for a lock option.
    Haha, I just cannot believe that I've missed that. Thanks.

Anyway, why do people center their portraits/targets? For a better overview, is that all?

Quote Originally Posted by zanexlol View Post
    Haha, I just cannot believe that I've missed that. Thanks.

Anyway, why do people center their portraits/targets? For a better overview, is that all?
    Largely to have most of what you need to know around the same area.
    Looking at what you shouldn't be standing in is a bit harder to do when you have to look up at one corner of the screen regularly to check your health/mana etc or that of your target.
    Less looking around means quicker reaction times.

Deleted
    I'm currently using bartender and I'm wondering where I can get a dark background under my icons. It looks rather messy right now.

Anyone recognize this yellow circle on the minimap?

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    Anyone recognize this yellow circle on the minimap?
    NPCScan, estimated distance of detection of a rare mob.
    Will check now where the option is, pretty sure there is one, to disable that since really it isn't that accurate or helpful.

edit:
    /npcscan
    expand if necessary the dropdown on the left, and select Overlay

Show 100yd ring for approximate detection range.

Two checkboxes, one for minimap and one for world map.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-11 at 09:54 AM.

NPCScan, estimated distance of detection of a rare mob.
    Will check now where the option is, pretty sure there is one, to disable that since really it isn't that accurate or helpful.

edit:
    /npcscan
    expand if necessary the dropdown on the left, and select Overlay

Show 100yd ring for approximate detection range.

Two checkboxes, one for minimap and one for world map.
    I don't have NPCScan. I've gone through Gathermate, Routes, SilverDragon, Chichilla and any other addons I might suspect of doing this. It only shows up in certain zones/subzones. Flying from Ratchet to the Nothern Barrens for example I fly over Valley of Trials, there it disappears. taking a taxi from Shrine to Townlong Steppes it toggles often.

That behaviour is exactly how it works for NPCScan, hiding itself in zones where there are no default rare spawns to detect so I am not able to offer any further suggestions.
    Try /fstack and hovering over it, see if it is named at all which might give a hint.

Have you actually disabled any of those addons, or simply looked through options ?
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-07-11 at 09:53 PM.

That behaviour is exactly how it works for NPCScan, hiding itself in zones where there are no default rare spawns to detect so I am not able to offer any further suggestions.
    Try /fstack and hovering over it, see if it is named at all which might give a hint.

Have you actually disabled any of those addons, or simply looked through options ?
    I just noticed SilverDragon added that thing in the latest alpha. Apparently putting a ring on your minimap is an "output" in the options...

Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    I just noticed SilverDragon added that thing in the latest alpha. Apparently putting a ring on your minimap is an "output" in the options...
    Glad you figured out the culprit.
    Looks to be inspired by the similar option in NPCScan.

What can I use to hide/configure/move the mouse-over tab ?

As in, when you mouse-over anything, normally in the lower right-hand corner you get a little window. Abilities, players, mobs, etc.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    What can I use to hide/configure/move the mouse-over tab ?

As in, when you mouse-over anything, normally in the lower right-hand corner you get a little window. Abilities, players, mobs, etc.
    If you mean the tooltip, which displays the name of a player/NPC or the details of a spell/item on your action bars etc.
    Then you could try Tipsy, which will simply relocate the tooltip to another location.
    If you want more options, then TipTac is a commonly used replacement, TopTip is one I have also used previously.