Generic question: it was quite some time ago that i did my own UI, and now i have my itch again after having meddled with code at the BfA release. I know for sure there is a way to use statusbars to "mask" textures and basically have a sort of "artwork that fills up", could be used also with text and i clearly remeber talking with zork about this, and even doing code/tests i even posted in the "post your UI" thread.

Basically, i have lost all my code, only thing i've left is the old addons on WoWInterface i am using as a baseline to reconstruct stuff, though it's gonna be a lot of work (especially since it wasn't modular at all).

So, anyone that knows how to do so and is willing to give me some pointers? I assume that once i see teh pseudo code i'll remember stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

StatusBar example:
    Code:
    local CreateStatusBar = function (parent,width,height,point,frame,to,x,y,nobackdrop, isVertical)
        local f = CreateFrame("StatusBar",nil,parent)
        local w = pixelperfect(width)
        local h = pixelperfect(height)
        f:SetWidth(w);
        f:SetHeight(h);

if isVertical then
            f:SetOrientation("VERTICAL")
        end

f:SetStatusBarTexture[[Interface\BUTTONS\WHITE8X8]]
        f:SetStatusBarColor(1,1,1)

local bg = f:CreateTexture(nil,"ARTWORK",nil,-2)
        bg:SetTexture[[Interface\BUTTONS\WHITE8X8]]
        bg:SetAllPoints(f)
        bg:SetVertexColor(0.3, 0.3, 0.3)
        f.bg = bg

f:SetPoint(point,frame,to,x,y)
        f.parent = parent

return f
    end
    There are also actual texture masks
    Code:
    local mask = self:CreateMaskTexture(nil, "BACKGROUND", nil, 0)
        mask:SetTexture("Interface\\Addons\\tmask", "CLAMPTOWHITE", "CLAMPTOWHITE")
        mask:SetAllPoints(self)
        mainTexture:AddMaskTexture(mask)
    Last edited by d87; 2020-09-21 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks, will try it and see the outcome.

Hi,
    I'm looking for some help setting up my WA for Disc Priest since I don't have any experience in coding my custom triggers etc. So the effect Im looking for is a simple Cooldown which appears once the spell has like 10s left on its CD. Tried to google it but I couldn't find a good solution (and I don't want to set up multiple auras to achieve this effect cuz I know its possible to get just with one aura and some coding). Any help would be greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Kazarr View Post
    Hi,
    I'm looking for some help setting up my WA for Disc Priest since I don't have any experience in coding my custom triggers etc. So the effect Im looking for is a simple Cooldown which appears once the spell has like 10s left on its CD. Tried to google it but I couldn't find a good solution (and I don't want to set up multiple auras to achieve this effect cuz I know its possible to get just with one aura and some coding). Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Just create from Template, select your Cooldown, shown when its up. Now, in the aura's condition tab, new condition (there will be only 1 trigger), select "is visible", condition = cooldown =< 10 secs

Quote Originally Posted by wetul View Post
    Just create from Template, select your Cooldown, shown when its up. Now, in the aura's condition tab, new condition (there will be only 1 trigger), select "is visible", condition = cooldown =< 10 secs
    I can't find the "is visible" condition no matter which Cooldown option I choose. When I'm looking at some auras I imported with a similar feature I always see some custom triggers but I can't really understand any of it
    Last edited by Kazarr; 2020-10-05 at 01:25 PM.

Hi All,
    is there an addon that will tell me when I hover over an item whether it is known as a transmog item for the relevant alts?
    For example, say my mage is a leatherworker, i'd like to be able to hover over the items it can make and see whether they are known already by my rogue/hunter/ etc.

Thanks, Chebu

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All,
    Chat/Event related question.
    Is there an addon that listens to world chat messages and if they correspond to a world event will pop up an alert box?
    For example, if you are in Azsuna (Legion) and the following system message appears in the world chat - "you hear a faint caw in the distance and then silence..." It means that the five crystals were collected and you've lost your chance of getting the Long-Forgotten Hippogryph this time around.
    So I need an addon that when "you hear a faint caw in the distance and then silence..." appears on the chat line, a message box with "Long-Forgotten Hippogryph was found" pops up, so I don't have to continue wasting my time.
    These can either be prepopulated in the addon, or I can do my own

Thanks,
    Chebu

Hello, I would like my recipes list (cooking and tayloring) to stay collapsed when i close and reopen skill window.
    As of now, I'm cooking in pandaria and everytime I open the cooking list, BFA/Legion/Wod are expanded.
    Is there an addon (on simply a blizzard option) to keep list collapsed during a session ?

It seems that DBM is giving some sort of messages in chat even if i disable every possible chat message thing. Is there a way in LUA or w/e way i can completly block the chat messages from DBM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Anyone know an addon that will let me choose mounts by zone type (flying mounts in flying zones, only ground mounts in ground zones)? Using the default Summon Random Favorite Mount button, it'll sometimes give me flying mounts in no-flying zones, like battlegrounds, and I don't want that.

Ok, currently in process of rewriting/updating my ui for SL, since prepatch is now out. Fortunately my old addons were for the most part managing standard frames so it hasn't been painful, at least until now.

I'm rewriting the actionbar addon (lots of stuff i can optimize from function to reskinning buttons). Everything works so far, but i have troubles in managing the paging of the main action bar. Basically, when i use stealth/dance the main bar doesn't swap to the correct actionbar page so i see the "wrong buttons".

I remember something about needing to registering the state of the bar/buttons. Though i'd like some help to not go randomly trying stuff out. The function basically reparents/reskins the standard buttons to a frame i created and repositioned, nothing more. Can provide code if needed.

Thanks for anyone willing to help.

EDIT: i managed to solve it in a very simple way - just reparenting/repositioning the MainMenuBarArtFrame to my own one basically moves the buttons without losing any kind of functionality. You only have to manually hide the textures.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2020-10-22 at 02:06 PM.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talfy123 View Post
    I'm looking for a command to hide class (your own class) specific buffs and debuffs above the nameplates. See picture.

Been checking https://wow.gamepedia.com/Console_variables ctrl-F "Nameplates" but I don't find anything.
    "nameplateShowDebuffsOnFriendly" is a command, but it's for friendly nameplates and all debuffs(?). I still want to see the icons for important CC (stuns etc), like default. I mean it must be possible to disable this wwmonk specific icons, since they are only visible there for myself (no one else sees my eye of the tiger and spinning crane buff there).

"nameplateResourceOnTarget - Nameplate class resource overlay mode. 0=self, 1=target" sounds a bit right what I'm looking for, but it's not for the enemy plameplates - it's for the self player bar (in center of screen) that you enable in interface.

ben looking for this aswell please quote me when someone helps thanks!

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I used to run an addon that would set max distance of nameplates to 40 yards, instead of 60. The addon really just ran /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 40) on all characters. Apparently this command was disabled/protected a while back.

Is there any other way to replicate this? I found it very convenient to only show nameplates on targets that were in range of my spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I used to run an addon that would set max distance of nameplates to 40 yards, instead of 60. The addon really just ran /run SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 40) on all characters. Apparently this command was disabled/protected a while back.

Is there any other way to replicate this? I found it very convenient to only show nameplates on targets that were in range of my spells.
    Negative. Classic nameplate distance is hardcoded to 20 yards, retail is 60 yards. The command itself is fine, the internal code simply ignores it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's a shame. Thank you for the info.

can someone help me converting this macro into a lua code please?

/run function Movebuff() BuffFrame:ClearAllPoints() BuffFrame:SetScale(1.0) BuffFrame:SetPoint("CENTER",PlayerFrame,"CENTER",930,120) end hooksecurefunc("UIParent_UpdateTopFramePositions",Movebuff) Movebuff()
    Last edited by Huf; 2020-10-26 at 09:33 PM.

Asking here, is there any way to make the UI pixelperfect with resolutions higher than 1080p? I know that i could just make a script to make all frames scale to 0.533333 (the scale needed for 1440p) but it's just a pain in the ass to manage every single frame like this, without having funky interactions (like minimap icons that get so small they're useless, and stuff like this).

EDIT: right now i'm working with a border texture that's basically a small shadow so it's less of a problem.

Is there an actual limit of uiScale CVar? If not then you can just set it directly skipping GUI limits
    Or you can just use UIParent:SetScale(0.53333)

Quote Originally Posted by d87 View Post
    Is there an actual limit of uiScale CVar? If not then you can just set it directly skipping GUI limits
    Or you can just use UIParent:SetScale(0.53333)
    UIScale cvar limit is 0.64 which is the ratio of 1080p resolution. Reason why you could just run a script to set it and be done.

I can manually set the scale of any frame (UIParent included) to 0.53, but this means also all parented objects get scaled which has nasty side effects like next to invisible hotkeys on buttons, or icons on minimap, etc. Instead of manually setting things to different scales to avoid this things i just wanted to know if there's a more elegant solution to this.

Hi there,

In the link below you see a UI that I found in the "Post your UI" thread. I REALLY like the Spell rotation animation and them greying out while on cooldown.

Can anybody help me on recreating this? (so the five icons that move from left to right and grey out on cooldown) I can get this setup with a dynamic group however while a spell is on cooldown it dissappears.

Shadow UI