Ok, this is gonna sound weird. I have a tone of addons and one of them sometimes puts "December 14, 2020" into my chat. It's done it in /say, /instance, and in whispers. Has anybody else had a problem like this? It does it at random, so turning my addons off isn't a good way to hunt for the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    Ok, this is gonna sound weird. I have a tone of addons and one of them sometimes puts "December 14, 2020" into my chat. It's done it in /say, /instance, and in whispers. Has anybody else had a problem like this? It does it at random, so turning my addons off isn't a good way to hunt for the culprit.
    This may be difficult to pin down. I'm assuming it's always that date, which means the addon isn't getting a new date, but that date could be saved as a string or as a unix timestamp. My first question is that are you sure it's actually chatting out to /say, /instance, and whispering people? It could be just printing that date on a chat window in different colors.

Install Notepad++, open it, click the binoculars icon at the top, and follow this image (that is my path to WTF, yours will be different). This will search all of your saved data for "December 14". If nothing pops up after the progress bar, try searching for "16079" without the quotes. This is the first part of the unix timestamp for all of December 14 in the UTC timezone, which is between 1607904000 and 1607990399.

If you still can't find anything, it could be hardcoded in the addon itself. Just change the path to the AddOns folder and try searching there.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Alyajna View Post
    I really like the nameplates they're using in the awc cast. Does anyone know of something that looks like this? I assume it isn't an addon but something they have just for this...
    There's a Plater mod that you can further customize to look more like these nameplates.
    https://wago.io/Kn7oMwQij
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Maybe somewhat dumb question, but i think it may have some sort of impact on my gameplay.

I had macroed an on-use trinket on my main generator - after a while i felt something was off, so i started "debugging" with mods and such until i got rid of the macro itself, cause it was something i was basically costantly pressing/spamming.

My question is: i had the "/use trinket" before the "/cast skill". since the trinket goes in cooldown, is it possible that the macro doesn't always work and so have unwanted behaviours? Right now i have the macro in conjunction with another cd that lines up with it, but i also put the trinket after the cast.

DOn't know if this makes any sense.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    My question is: i had the "/use trinket" before the "/cast skill". since the trinket goes in cooldown, is it possible that the macro doesn't always work and so have unwanted behaviours? Right now i have the macro in conjunction with another cd that lines up with it, but i also put the trinket after the cast.
    Have you tried with another on use trinket? I've witnessed this behaviour with a trinket with no combat component, such as Humming Black Dragonscale (which can also be used at the same time as another trinket).

Otherwise this macro should work and simply spam you with an error message "Item is not ready yet."
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Revan Bane View Post
    Have you tried with another on use trinket? I've witnessed this behaviour with a trinket with no combat component, such as Humming Black Dragonscale (which can also be used at the same time as another trinket).

Otherwise this macro should work and simply spam you with an error message "Item is not ready yet."
    I can redo the macro, cause once i used the new one with the inverted order (and less spamming involved), things went basically correctly. Maybe it's just that. I'll do some test, at least it's useful to know if different trinkets have different behaviours.

OK, small question.

I am using a nice but all capitals font for my UI, and i wanted something narrower possibly woith accents characters (maybe also russian because why not). Any suggestions?

Anyone who knows how to change a string to upper case? I want the headers in my Tiptac tooltips to be all caps, but my random placing of :upper and .upper in the code hasn't worked

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey, hope it's ok to ask here: seeing a mod that is like a graphical combat log/cast list, that shows what I cast and on who, with spell icons, and a log, nice and clean. Wondering if anyone can tell me what it's called. Sorry for the description!

Hi, anyone know what unitframes this guy is using in tbc?

https://imgur.com/a/L6b1FB9

I know there's an addon that shuts up Ban-Lu, but anyone know of an add-on that stops the annoying PLOP PLOP PLOP noise when Snowstorm drops a snow pile? :/

This ones a classic request... so... hopefully still "works" here.

I'm aware of the "talent" conditional. Not sure if it works with TBC's "old" skill trees? Guessing not though.

In classic, I've taken to using:

#showtooltip
    /cast [nomodifier] Avenger's Shield
    /cast [nomodifier] Repentance
    /cast [modifier] Exorcism

As the format. This... works (so in this case, if in prot - avengers, if in ret - Repentance) but the tooltip part doesn't. Stupidly minor, I can live with it either way tbh but.... does ANYONE know of a way of doing this that has the tooltips work too (for timers etc) I kinda just "know" atm until I remember to switch the line order over and they otherwise work sans timers/tooltips.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2021-07-18 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Hey just saw these nameplates which look very similar to default blizzard one, except they're much smaller, darker and has outline in the name. Anyone know which scripts are these/addon? Thanks!

https://i.imgur.com/5cOQ0JO.png

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what is causing this?

https://imgur.com/a/MA50WEe

I have no idea what addon/WA is showing the raidcd/interrupt/usables.

Cant find it, hope its familair to some1.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post

https://imgur.com/a/MA50WEe

I think it is OmniCD - an addon not a WA.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    I think it is OmniCD - an addon not a WA.
    Thanks, found it. Lmao!
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Does anybody know what add-on is doing this combo points / energy / health display? I didn't appear to be in the ElvUI...but can't think of what it could be. Or how I can disable it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGhostlore View Post
    Does anybody know what add-on is doing this combo points / energy / health display? I didn't appear to be in the ElvUI...but can't think of what it could be. Or how I can disable it?
    It's part of the default UI, but ElvUI hides the option to disable it.

Disable ElvUI and reload, uncheck the option below, then reenable ElvUI and reload.

(click the image for a larger version)
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post

Its Exorsus Raid Tools

Apologies if bad post but is there an addon that would allow me to view other peoples characters in a bigger window without any extra information? I just want it bigger than the usual UI window to see their mogs. Thanks.