Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Chob
    I've seen this thing on various videos and I can't seem to get a hold on it myself, some say it's Quartz some say it's unitframes. Basically it's a flashing line across the mana bar everytime you cast a spell, indicitating how long it takes to get out of the 5 seconds rule. If anyone knows which addon this configures and how to configure it, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    What you were looking for is Pitbull

Quartz also shows flashing lights, but those are Global cooldown and Swing Timer

Thank you! Going to get right on it

Brand new screenshot.
    Should be pretty much self-explaining

Deleted

can any one help me how to get this addon :

where you get a waring in the middel of your screen that sees entering combat

Deleted

ah oke nice

for some reason my pitbull bars look like that. I just changed UI and was setting it up did a relog and they turned out that way when i logged back on =/ any help would be much appreciated

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by shrike126
    Mostly Zul's UI with some tweaking to make it more personable.

Solo, just hanging out on my newb paladin:

Anyone can tell me what addon the questarrow indicator is? looks pretty handy for levelling alts
    "Great men do not seek power, they have power thrust upon them."
    "A leader is judged not by the length of his reign but by the decisions he makes."
    "If the tank dies, it's the healer's fault. If the healer dies, it's the tank's fault. If the DPS dies, it's their own fault."

Quote Originally Posted by kahless
    Anyone can tell me what addon the questarrow indicator is? looks pretty handy for levelling alts
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...32-TomTom.html

also search for lightheaded, it works well with tomtom

now for my question.

In this video http://files.filefront.com/kollektiv.../fileinfo.html

you see a spell alert addon, but where can I get it?

it's an addon which shows the Icon of the spell being cast and the name of the player casting it.

The name is then colored by what type of spell is being cast. Red is a damage spell, yellow is a healing spell, pink if it's a CC spell and green if it's Blessing of Sacrifice.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

Quote Originally Posted by jenks
    for some reason my pitbull bars look like that. I just changed UI and was setting it up did a relog and they turned out that way when i logged back on =/ any help would be much appreciated
    Reinstall(delete and download new) Pitbull(with Externals) and the Rocklib

Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    In this video http://files.filefront.com/kollektiv.../fileinfo.html

you see a spell alert addon, but where can I get it?

it's an addon which shows the Icon of the spell being cast and the name of the player casting it.

The name is then colored by what type of spell is being cast. Red is a damage spell, yellow is a healing spell, pink if it's a CC spell and green if it's Blessing of Sacrifice.
    Your video doesnt show up for me - Maybe a screenshot ?
    Check Quartz and ECastingBar. Most often used cast bars afaik

Eli

hey guys,

i'm looking for an nameplate addon like aloft
    some ideas?

thanks a lot jey.

Quote Originally Posted by Contrapax
    Your video doesnt show up for me - Maybe a screenshot ?
    Check Quartz and ECastingBar. Most often used cast bars afaik

Eli
    Okay here's some screenshots. Notice that it's a spell alert message, not a casting bar.

Oh, looks interesting.
    Never seem them before but I would like to know their name too
    Maybe ask the author of the video ?

Hey, I posted earlier this week about an addon I looked for, I took an screenshot of it to get a clearer view.

As you hopefully can see on the screenshot, there are a few icons down in the left corner, with for example, Intercept, Pummel, Iceblock and Counterspell icons. What this addon does, is that whenever someone in the opposite team uses on of these cooldowns, the icon gets focused and is shown at another place of the screen, in this case, in the upper right corner of the screenshot, with numbers on it, showing how long cooldown there's left. Any idea what this addon is called? Help would be so much appreciated, been looking everywhere for this addon, and I can't just seem to find it. I hope that you understand my rough explaination.

Best regards Kaztos, Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    Okay here's some screenshots. Notice that it's a spell alert message, not a casting bar.

probably it will be "Parrot"

Anyone know how to move the quartz timer bar? It seems to be attatched to my player cast bar, but no options so far have helped me to separate the two.

Halp!
    Perennial Quest

Kchostrae, Shadowsong EU

Quote Originally Posted by Kaztos
    Hey, I posted earlier this week about an addon I looked for, I took an screenshot of it to get a clearer view.

As you hopefully can see on the screenshot, there are a few icons down in the left corner, with for example, Intercept, Pummel, Iceblock and Counterspell icons. What this addon does, is that whenever someone in the opposite team uses on of these cooldowns, the icon gets focused and is shown at another place of the screen, in this case, in the upper right corner of the screenshot, with numbers on it, showing how long cooldown there's left. Any idea what this addon is called? Help would be so much appreciated, been looking everywhere for this addon, and I can't just seem to find it. I hope that you understand my rough explaination.

Best regards Kaztos, Thanks in advance.
    Could it be Afflicted with some custom configuration? http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Afflicted.html

Edit: I tried parrot and I can't see how it can be that addon as I have no way of configuring the output of enemy spells.

If I fail to find the addon, I will try to email the author of the vid

Hello everyone, atm im using the latest dukes Ui release and i cant use ace2 since it messes up the pitbull frames, so i would like to know if anyone knows any addon as good as aloft and also something that can be as good as buffalo. Plz dont suggest ElkBuffBars since i completly hate them.

Thank you for ur time and thank you in advance.

btw for the kollektiv lovers the addons yer looking for are

for hte interupt buttons at the bottom

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...erruptBar.html

And ofc the spellalert

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...llAlerter.html

What UI is this priest using? I've been trying to look around but I'm still new at what is what in the modding scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirjin
    btw for the kollektiv lovers the addons yer looking for are

for hte interupt buttons at the bottom

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...erruptBar.html

And ofc the spellalert

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...llAlerter.html
    Thanks mate, awesome.