Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

i just got q question about Pitbull - i have AG_unitframes currently and AG has a function to made the party frame target frame what ever RED if the frame's person have Aggro, does Pitbull also has this function or can you download a plugin for pitbull to add it? as i want to costumize my UI a bit more than AG can do for me

thanks in advance
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist
    i just got q question about Pitbull - i have AG_unitframes currently and AG has a function to made the party frame target frame what ever RED if the frame's person have Aggro, does Pitbull also has this function or can you download a plugin for pitbull to add it? as i want to costumize my UI a bit more than AG can do for me

thanks in advance
    Yes, the Banzi? module does agro coloring.

Awesome thank you! - also i got another question btw. Im leveling this Protadin and i was wondering if its possible to make a macro: cast rightous fury if its not up -> cast shield so that no matter when i cast that shield - then Rightous fury is always active
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

hi guys im locking for these pvp addons:

can someone help me?

Witchhunt

the one with the icon and the countdown is afflicted.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Afflicted.html

witchhunt is the one on top, but i'd also like to know what addon shows the message in the middle.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist
    Awesome thank you! - also i got another question btw. Im leveling this Protadin and i was wondering if its possible to make a macro: cast rightous fury if its not up -> cast shield so that no matter when i cast that shield - then Rightous fury is always active
    As far as I know, macros can't handle conditionals like that

Hi there, I've been reading through as much of these UI threads as I can, but with so much information to process its getting more difficult to find what I need, plus I'm not even sure my type of question has even been asked.

I'm planning a major overhaul of my UI. I've stuck with tried and true Bongos, xperl and other older mods for so long that I think its time to come into the "modern" age of mods and try some different mods to achieve the best end result for me.

I play a variety of toons but my main is a Tauren druid. I don't play a specific spec, instead I (like a number of druid players I'm sure) maintain 3 sets of gear (sometimes more) and a variety of weapons to customize the situation I'm in. What I would like to know is if theres a good set of mods to use for a feral (tank), feral (cat), boomkin and resto druid? I'd like things like class debuff mods, healing mods, timers etc etc etc etc. Anything to make a rounded out set of mods good for the class/spec. Theory crafting mods are also welcome so they can help make sense of my gear choices/combos to make the best use of what I need for a specific situation/boss etc. Basically I want to keep my overall setup as clean as possible so my screen isn't cluttered with useless mods for the situation

Plus what I would also like to know is if it is possible to configure my mods somehow so that if I say were running around the game farming in cat form so my mod setup would be for the dps/farming form then later I get into a group for wherever as a healer and with one button press, or profile change..or something, my who mod setup changes to fit a healer setup in group or raid form.

Is this possible? I tried to do something similar in bongos by attempting to set up a couple different profiles so that I switch from [druid name1] which would be my feral cat setup, the setup [druid name2] which would be my healing setup, then [druid name3] for my tanking etc, but it seems to only take one name for that server into account.

I'm hoping that through the massive customizability of some mods I can achieve what I want through pitbull, bartender (any grouping of mods really...i'm not picky) or perhaps even bongos since I'm already exerpienced in it. But being a mod whore I'm open to trying differnt things, although I have little patience for learning curves. lol

Thanks in advance, hopefully theres a mod setup answer for me on that thar intarweb.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

Ratingbuster, Pitbull, Outfitter/ClosetGnome, classtimers, grid?
    Most ace addons support profiles, you could try that...

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    Ratingbuster, Pitbull, Outfitter/ClosetGnome, classtimers, grid?
    Most ace addons support profiles, you could try that...
    I'll try those all to be sure, but will they allow for in game profile changes that re configure the mod layouts so that only my healing mods come up when I hit one profile and then tanking mods when I want to feral tank it? I'm basically looking for an in game reconfigure in real time..I don't want to have to log out and go to my mods screen and click off what I won't be using healing wise because I'm acting as an MT/OT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakusai
    I'm not just an RPG/MMO fan. I'm a Warcraft fan.

Quartz!

Hi, I just downloaded Quartz, and i dont understand how i can re-size and move it around, could anyone please help me abit?

Couldn't find an answer to my question so i'll ask here, anyone could tell me the name of the mod in the red square? :>

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...8220909rz9.jpg

Hello all, i have a quick question about key bindings.

I'm new to this field, but I have seen a lot of UI pics with people having key bindings like s-2 on their action bar. Anyone know how you make this? :S

Thx, from the key binding n00b :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chefjayman
    I'll try those all to be sure, but will they allow for in game profile changes that re configure the mod layouts so that only my healing mods come up when I hit one profile and then tanking mods when I want to feral tank it? I'm basically looking for an in game reconfigure in real time..I don't want to have to log out and go to my mods screen and click off what I won't be using healing wise because I'm acting as an MT/OT.
    Most Mods can be Enabled/Disabled. You could write an Addon activating/deactivating these mods and changing profiles.

Hey, I'm wondering about what a few addons are.

1. Shows the time left on your CDs on the actual icon, and then displays the icon of the spell on your screen in front of you when it is ready.
    2. Shows what buffs your arcane shot remove from the target.
    3. Shows what buffs, spells are being casted by the opposing player on the top of your screen. (ex: "Player" casts Fear, or "Player" gains Natural Perfection.")
    4. Shows when the other players CDs are up.

Most of these are for arena use. And they can all be found in the video: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=66527

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonotucher

1. Shows the time left on your CDs on the actual icon, and then displays the icon of the spell on your screen in front of you when it is ready.
    3. Shows what buffs, spells are being casted by the opposing player on the top of your screen. (ex: "Player" casts Fear, or "Player" gains Natural Perfection.")

Most of these are for arena use. And they can all be found in the video: http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=66527

Thanks.
    1. Cooldowncount + Jim's cooldown pulse
    2. sorry couldn't see any mod like that.
    3. looks like Spellalert but could also be Witchhunt(or is it witchunt dunno)
    4. Afflicted
    [img width=375]http://dingfiles.com/bin/readf/?99145656F26RL255/Nataliah+rogue+sig.png[/img]

Ghostcrawler: "Frostmourne is a hunter weapon. True story." (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Nonotucher

Thanks.
    1. OmniCC and Jim's Pulse Cooldown
    3./4. Nature Enemy Cast Bar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    Couldn't find an answer to my question so i'll ask here, anyone could tell me the name of the mod in the red square? :>

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...8220909rz9.jpg
    Might be Eavesdrop, and if i'm not wrong you can find it on wowace.com

Does anyone know how i can drag/hide these buffs next to my map. Its annoying as hell.

http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?i...aamloosdc4.jpg ( in the red square if you didnt understand what i meant )

Thanks for your help...

Quote Originally Posted by Getzar
    Quartz!

Hi, I just downloaded Quartz, and i dont understand how i can re-size and move it around, could anyone please help me abit?
    To move the bars, just go to options>Player uncheck lock bar, and there you can adjust the size and do most of the tweaking.