Re: Ask it! UI/Mods Edition

Thanks for the help Aldir. I'll look into Bartender3.

Oh yes, I downloaded TipTac yesterday to replace my outdated TinyTip.
    There's some really nice features in there but one peticular thing makes me a sad panda.
    When I'm inspecting someone and then move the cursor out of the inspect frame and back again. I can't see the name/stats of the items, just "Legs" "Weapon" etc. Is it just some annoying bug or is it some -really- wierd setup that's activated by default?

Hi guys! Been trying to figure out this one for a week or so; PMed Duke already but he's being a secretive panda about it ;P

I'm desperate to know how Duke has castbars with transparent backgrounds going over his Pitbull portraits like this:

http://dukeath.free.fr/DukeUI20A.jpg

Duke would only tell me that it is indeed Quartz & Pitbull in some way, but I just can't figure it out. Any ideas?

<3 Sweetened, Barthilas

Duke would only tell me that it is indeed Quartz & Pitbull in some way, but I just can't figure it out. Any ideas?
    Quartz > Color > Background Transparency

Guess what happends next

Seen unit frames with the cycircled vol skin for buffs....how is this done? cant find any options (if there are any).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded
    Seen unit frames with the cycircled vol skin for buffs....how is this done? cant find any options (if there are any).
    That's Pitbull, and it's not CyCircled, but a aura border designed by Hal.

Where would one find said aura border?

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    Quartz > Color > Background Transparency

Guess what happends next
    Well yes of course, but he has three Quartz bars up on the screen at once. I understand you could position the player & target bars & make them transparent, but how then does he still have a separate player cast bar in the middle of the screen?

Quote Originally Posted by parfait
    Well yes of course, but he has three Quartz bars up on the screen at once. I understand you could position the player & target bars & make them transparent, but how then does he still have a separate player cast bar in the middle of the screen?
    Focus target bar most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazorp
    Focus target bar most likely.
    But if you weren't wanting it to show your focus' castbar, but rather your own or your target's, then that wouldn't work, would it?

Duke's UI very clearly has his player castbar & his target castbar showing on his Pitbull frames, as well as a player (or perhaps target) castbar floating in the center of the screen.

Anyone else have a clue?

the bar/panel that shows up when you highlight over something. for example an NPC or a spell. is there any way to move this from the bottom right hand side of the screen?

How is the border around the chat/omen done on this image?

I tried creating a custom border-texture, but it didden't seem to work. Is it a entire panel background-texture that is needed?

Or do I need something else than kgPanels to support it?

How is the border around the chat/omen done on this image?

(image)

I tried creating a custom border-texture, but it didden't seem to work. Is it a entire panel background-texture that is needed?

Or do I need something else than kgPanels to support it?
    Those are eepanels, with a gradient effect; the righthalf's transparency is all the way up.

Quote Originally Posted by parfait
    Those are eepanels, with a gradient effect; the righthalf's transparency is all the way up.
    kgpanels is the superiour to eepanels btw. :-) But I think I grasp the concept.

kgpanels is the superiour to eepanels btw. :-) But I think I grasp the concept.
    Same diff ;3

Hi,

I checked out the options from pitbull to make the frames fade when i'm OOC and Full HP/Mana. Tho i couldn't find it anywhere, I saw some UIs in the main thread witht his feature.

Is pitbull able to do so? (and if it does: how?). If not what's the pitbull like addon (or extra addon to get) to be able to do it?

Same question goes for Bartender 3. Can't find this option anywhere. This time the criterion are OOC and not mouse'd over to fade out.

Thx in advance.

Combat Fader

Thx for the fast answer Nezoia but I need to ask...where to find it? Tried Wowace Wowinterface and Curse and it doesn't pop anywhere...

edit: fixed stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki
    Thx for the fast answer Nezoia but I need to ask...where to find it? Tried Wowace Wowinterface and Curse and it doesn't pop anywhere...

edit: fixed stuff

So finally a short answer isn't always the shortest way...

Anyway big thx, i'll check that out tonite when I get back home.

Anyone has an idea on how to do the same (with the extra condition of not moused over) in Bartender 3? (or another addon that can do it...)

edit: me no speaks no english.

Not possible afaik, due to UI limitations. Atleast I wouldn't trust it !