Paladin suggestion

As recently many people have started whining complaining about the paladin not really being the best choice especially for a Heal+DPS 2v2 Team, i've decided to take a closer look at the issue.

Many people have claimed before, that some re-balancing of the lay on hands spell has been long overdue.
    PvE isn't about "Oh shit!"-Buttons anymore (VAELASTRASZ!!!) and as lay on hands is unusable in arenas anyway and totally quite useless on battlegrounds, too, the omg!!! paladin easymode lockdown!!!!!1111 issue could really be solved based on a complete redesign of how lay on hands works today.

1. 100% Mana cost - Let's say anything between 60-80% of total mana would be fine
    2. 60min cooldown - cooldown could be set to 10 minutes - feel free to discuss that, though
    3. New spell description : "Heals the target for *put base value here* plus X% (maybe X=150) of your total healing bonuses"
    4. LoH is completely removed from the holy spellschool (dunno where else to put it, though) so it is not affected by counterspell...
    5. new talent (holy tree) "your lay on hands spell also grants 100% 75% reduction of any magical damage taken for 10 seconds"

these changes would of course make it a little a lot easier for bubble boys paladins in any arena setup .
    feel free to criticise my ideas, though

I wish you a merry x-mas and
    nerf warlocks a happy new year

merce

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Paladin suggestion

You do realize that a Paladin is a Holy Warrior? Which means there is no other school of spells than Holy. So this idea blows.
    -.-

Unless it's a melee heal!
    Imo give warriors melee healing abilities. :P

turn undead is a nature spell :O lol

Quote Originally Posted by jkw
    You do realize that a Paladin is a Holy Warrior? Which means there is no other school of spells than Holy. So this idea blows.
    Video games play better when they're entirely confined to shitty, irrelevant narrative. True story.